GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
I was supposed to be skiing at Mt Hood Meadows this weekend until my dog was bitten by another dog. I felt wrong leaving him in NYC alone. GP Paps would have traveled with me for sure. :)

View attachment 186082

Aww, I hope your dog is ok--beautiful pups, and I would have stayed home with him too. I'm not a skier, but Mt Hood is gorgeous!! BTW--I love your avatar, it's trippy!!

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
:oops:
Yoohoo. Catcat, where are you?

Hello!! Ob, thanks so much for the vids. I am going to watch one more time and give it another try later today after I accomplish "have to do" house chores and a nap. I think your tips may really help me and I could see real well. Some of the tutorials, the tutor goes off camera at crucial points and I can't see what they are doing...or I just can't see well enough. You stayed right there in view for me!!;) So sweet of you to do that for me. Thank you!!

Now if I could get a video of how to adjust/troubleshoot the bottom of the picillo to make the button go up and down:oops:....maybe, just maybe I can have this ready to take to our very popular local vapemeet on Friday night. Up to two hundred people show up for these and we have serious raffles (all $$ go's to the wounded warriers charity-we bring in thousands of dollars for this charity) We get the best of the best donated from vendors with the latest and greatest out there.

I'll be sure and report back hopefully with good news. Thanks again!!

Last edited:

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
I have a question: Ob-what type of wire are you using? I think you mentioned flat wrap wire? I ask because yours seems to be stiffer than mine and stays in place better after you wrap the silica and let go. Mine loosens everything up the moment I let go. The tails don't stay put like yours did. Also, I just noticed I think this needs to be turned around for the wire to wind to the right...yes? Well, maybe not. Is it laid in there correctly?

Second, I think I know what my biggest problem is.....:unsure::?:
spheriod004_zpse7f3bc93.jpg

Last edited:

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
I have a question: Ob-what type of wire are you using? I think you mentioned flat wrap wire? I ask because yours seems to be stiffer than mine and stays in place better after you wrap the silica and let go. Mine loosens everything up the moment I let go. The tails don't stay put like yours did. Also, I just noticed I think this needs to be turned around for the wire to wind to the right...yes? Well, maybe not. Is it laid in there correctly?

Second, I think I know what my biggest problem is.....:unsure::?:
spheriod004_zpse7f3bc93.jpg

the nails could cause trouble for sure :) I have used 32, 30 and the flat wire that I used in the video. I like the flat because it lays flat, but is not necessary.

when you wrap it, how tight is it around the wicks? I probably do them more snug than some have recommended. Yours do not look tight enough.

in your pic, the wire on the left side should wrap around the post to the right. The one on the right should wrap to the left around the post if I am looking at it like in the pic if that makes sense.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Cat, the Piccolo has a brass screw inside the switch as you look at its interior.

This can be adjusted with the fingers, or with a small flat screwdriver to go up and down by turning it left and right.

Below that screw is a nut that holds the switch parts all together.
This nut has to be tightened enough, while the screw upon it has to be adjusted correctly, so when the button of the switch is pushed only then, this brass screw touches the negative pole of the battery.

When the button is not touched or locked, the brass screw must not come in contact with the negative pole of the battery.

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
the nails could cause trouble for sure :) I have used 32, 30 and the flat wire that I used in the video. I like the flat because it lays flat, but is not necessary.

when you wrap it, how tight is it around the wicks? I probably do them more snug than some have recommended. Yours do not look tight enough.

in your pic, the wire on the left side should wrap around the post to the right. The one on the right should wrap to the left around the post if I am looking at it like in the pic if that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense. I see it. I did take a lighter to the wire first. and yes, the wire is too loose. It's my nails for sure. They are totally in the way to try and hold on and wrap at the same time. I can't get past my nail when I try to wrap. And holding stuff in place is practically impossible. Geeze, I can't believe it. I am going to have to file them down to do this. OMG!! :?:I don't want to!!:(

Giving it another go anyway.

Last edited:

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Cat, the Piccolo has a brass screw inside the switch as you look at its interior.

This can be adjusted with the fingers, or with a small flat screwdriver to go up and down by turning it left and right.

Below that screw is a nut that holds the switch parts all together.
This nut has to be tightened enough, while the screw upon it has to be adjusted correctly, so when the button of the switch is pushed only then, this brass screw touches the negative pole of the battery.

When the button is not touched or locked, the brass screw must not come in contact with the negative pole of the battery.
That's a good tip, thanks!

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Sneaking on really fast to tell you I managed to get my first wrap accomplished at 2.5. Decided to go ahead and use it on my provrari at 4.4 since I tried so hard and it's working!:)

However, if I am looking at the right screw on the picillo that needs to be adjusted.....I can't budge it. Is this the right screw that needs to be adjusted before I go any further? Sorry about the big pic. Forgot to resize it.

screw004_zps81fac4e4.jpg

synic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
SLC, Utah
So, my brushed Spheroid 2.1s (I have two) are definitely leaking from the top seal near the mouthpiece. On these, I can unscrew the top cap with my fingers - I don't need to use an Allan wrench or torx tool. I don't think the o-rings are making a tight enough seal.

My other spheroids don't have this issue.

Another thing is that it's good that I can unscrew it with my fingers - I've tried a 3mm Allan key, which does not fit, a t20 torx key, which does not fit, and a t15 torx, which comes closest, but slips.

Anyone else noticed this? Are there some workarounds for these problems?

FattyMcChubChub

Nov 18, 2012
U.P., WA
I'm convinced that the Spheroid is the best vape investment I've ever made. I switched from fruit flavors back to tobacco over the weekend and I have to say it is even more amazing now! I made up a RBA travle kit for myself and it's further fueling my addiction to this amazing little gizmo. Now that I have discovered the world of rebuildables I can't wait to go to the local vape meet this Friday and see what else is out there!

Vape Long and Prosper!

DaFreeK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Osijek, Croatia
So, my brushed Spheroid 2.1s (I have two) are definitely leaking from the top seal near the mouthpiece. On these, I can unscrew the top cap with my fingers - I don't need to use an Allan wrench or torx tool. I don't think the o-rings are making a tight enough seal.

My other spheroids don't have this issue.

Another thing is that it's good that I can unscrew it with my fingers - I've tried a 3mm Allan key, which does not fit, a t20 torx key, which does not fit, and a t15 torx, which comes closest, but slips.

Anyone else noticed this? Are there some workarounds for these problems?

I have the same problem with leaking from the top seal, brushed V2. I can also unscrew it without any tools. I think a bigger o-ring could fix that problem. I haven't tried that, since I've got no bigger o-rings.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread