Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I was at an outdoor festival with my girlfriend yesterday, and having been bitten with the mod bug, and having a lightbulb go on in my head while looking at some artisan glass works by a local blower, I had the idea of soliciting his talents for our benefit. There are many color combinations that I saw and they were very attractive. I thought, "Wow, this may be something to market!"

I'm gauging interest here. I have not worked out any specifics and these are not for sale. There is no prototype yet. I'm confident that I could get the precise measurements for the different size atties and cartos and design a model for this artist. I'd like to know if this is something we, as a community would be interested in. Think about your favorite colors swirled, dripped and streaked how you like in a one of a kind glass mouthpiece for your PV! Sound good? If so, I'll be following through with the artist later this week, as he showed deep interest in producing these. The price is a variable at this point, but I'd suggest to him that we keep the price within the $10-$15 range (epending on color combinations and style requested). It'd be up to us to not lose these somewhat pricey personal touches to our equipment lol. I haven't lost any drip tips yet, so I dunno how many people have gone through?

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
I use a pyrex drip tip from theecig.com and love it, they make them in clear and blue, possibly co,ing out with more colors later. It never gets to hot and have dropped it a few times with no breakage so they are pretty solid. I'm always looking for better though so maybe this can offer an alternative.

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
FYI on theecig.com
I have the 510's in both colors and USED to have both a blue & clear 306. Well the very first time I went to slide my clear 306 over the atty, it shattered & broke............I still have a shard of glass in my right pointer finger.
theecig.com will only replace it IF I purchase something else from his store.
yeah i'm a repeat customer........& he won't replace it unless I buy something else????? insane.
I may go get the glass outta my finger & send him my medical bill.

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
FYI on theecig.com
I have the 510's in both colors and USED to have both a blue & clear 306. Well the very first time I went to slide my clear 306 over the atty, it shattered & broke............I still have a shard of glass in my right pointer finger.
theecig.com will only replace it IF I purchase something else from his store.
yeah i'm a repeat customer........& he won't replace it unless I buy something else????? insane.
I may go get the glass outta my finger & send him my medical bill.

Well now that doesn't sound good. Thanks for sharing that Jen, good to know.

JWebb

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
St. Louis USA
Doug:

John Vesey at eCIG is making handblown drip tips patered adn non-tapered, you may want to look this over before you spend a lot of time driving a new business venture. They are $15 dollars and work very well and he has a devoted following, good idea though! http://www.theecig.com/

I was at an outdoor festival with my girlfriend yesterday, and having been bitten with the mod bug, and having a lightbulb go on in my head while looking at some artisan glass works by a local blower, I had the idea of soliciting his talents for our benefit. There are many color combinations that I saw and they were very attractive. I thought, "Wow, this may be something to market!"

I'm gauging interest here. I have not worked out any specifics and these are not for sale. There is no prototype yet. I'm confident that I could get the precise measurements for the different size atties and cartos and design a model for this artist. I'd like to know if this is something we, as a community would be interested in. Think about your favorite colors swirled, dripped and streaked how you like in a one of a kind glass mouthpiece for your PV! Sound good? If so, I'll be following through with the artist later this week, as he showed deep interest in producing these. The price is a variable at this point, but I'd suggest to him that we keep the price within the $10-$15 range (epending on color combinations and style requested). It'd be up to us to not lose these somewhat pricey personal touches to our equipment lol. I haven't lost any drip tips yet, so I dunno how many people have gone through?

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
i say go for it! just cause one company is currently making them doesnt mean you cant also. The ones i looked at from theecig looked kind of blah and boring. Blue and clear with no real defined shape. I'd definitely buy something that had colored swirls and looked more refined.

The glass maker might even know techniques to make it more shatter resistant. And on a side note, only time i've ever seen glass crack or break from heat was when it was heated then exposed to cold. Starts out as a lump of molten glass after all lol.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
They are very well wrapped in bubble wrap.
Not all vendors will just replace something without getting the original/broken item back and to be honest I would be the same way. That's just me though-the world and my experiences have helped to make me that way.
Ask him if he will credit you the postage on your next order or throw in something of equal value. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread