The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hand-blown glass drip tips

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Dougiestyle, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. leannebug

leannebug Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    How about making some for the 801. Those are in short supply!

2. Caddyman

Caddyman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2010
    Delaware USA
    strength of blow glass and heat resistance depends on how the glass is blown and how pure the glass it. if the glass has air bubbles in it it is much more prone to both physical and heat damage.

3. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    I'll be at the E TN Vape Meet this weekend, and I'll see if someone there wants to donate a used atty or 2 for sizing other equipment than my 510 stuff. Based on the interest here, it seems like a go if the glass-blower artist can insure some resistance to damage from the heat of an atty. Breakage would be the responsibility of the user unless breakage was caused during shipping.

As this progresses, I'll keep everyone posted...

I gotta check my subscriptions more often! 3 pages since the last time I checked lol!

4. Wrainn

Wrainn Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Louisiana
    I am in the process of having a glass drip tip custom made as we speak. I have ordered mine from Bert at Open Lab Glass and the reason he does not post prices is because each drip tip is custom made therefore custom price. He told me to pick out the design I wanted and let him know the colors I would like it in. I went searching on the internet for something I would like and below is the picture I sent to him, this is a glass vase I saw and I wanted to know if he could turn it into a drip tip

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

And this is what it looks like now, he is in the process of finishing it up

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Acck, i don't know how to make this any smaller

If you are interested in buying one of these, feel free to pm me and I will send you his info.

5. Gracchus Grey

Gracchus Grey Moved On

Mar 12, 2011
    Southern California
    I just bought the Dichroic Glow In The Dark Twist... Can't wait!

6. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    I have 2 on the way from openlabglass. Patiently/excitedly awaiting the arrival.

7. Brutus Buckeye

Brutus Buckeye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Looks like I'm gonna have to try open lab

8. lynleestar

lynleestar Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I'm having one made from open lab as well~!

9. Brutus Buckeye

I emailed Bert this morning but haven't heard back yet. Hoping to get some for the Buckeye twins!

10. alldayvape

alldayvape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2011
    Maryland
    That's odd. There's a video showing someone driving over the pyrex DT with his 1/2 ton truck and it didn't break. A hammer will work though..

Glad you are alright though.. I've been using mine for a while and just love it!

If the pyrex one can break, then any glass one will break much quicker considering heat resistance of glass is much smaller, just be careful guys. Also, Pyrex glass breaks into a smooth pattern known as dicing and shatters down into small cubical pieces whereas glass can break into hazardous sharp edged long pieces.

11. Wrainn

Mar 14, 2011
    Louisiana
    So what designs are yall sending in? I would love to see

12. cigarbabe

cigarbabe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    Boston,MA.
    I just ordered 4 from openlabglass and I hope they look similar to your design wrain!
    That is one gorgeous vase!
    C.B.
    :evil:

13. Wrainn

Mar 14, 2011
    Louisiana
    Isn't it tho, I really liked that design. I can't wait to get it. What designs are you having him do?

14. Brutus Buckeye

Is there another way to contact them? I see people saying they have ordered from them but I sent an email yesterday morning and still nothing.

15. HzG8rGrl

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    I just purchased directly from his site of available ones.
    Purple/Blue/Green Dichroic
    Alien Tech Brain Twist
    Off Axis Twistie Coilpot

16. Stownz

Stownz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    Thanks for the links to the new vendor. Always wanted a glass tip but would never do business with the theecig. Now I dont have too !

17. Caddyman

Caddyman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2010
    Delaware USA
    i emailed them too, no answer yet.

18. HzG8rGrl

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    This is so very true. We will have to be much more careful with these. I will be using these with standard resistance atomizers.
    No reason to see if I can find a way to break them or even try to break them. I prefer to take care of my equipment.

19. Animeguy

Animeguy Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia
    My pyrex broke when it got stuck on a ladder I was under.. I was so pissed. It worked so well. I only had it for 2 days. So I went bought super T. I will probably buy another pyrex sometime. Only problem with it is that it does not sit well on atty for some reason. And when I looked closely, the hole at bottom was halfway closed. I can't really complain much since its handmade. Stuff like that is hard to get perfect every time.

20. Stownz

Stownz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    If they are breakable, I'll break them, thats for sure. Should have seen my first MAP tank, LOL. Wimpy mods: murdered. I'll take some pics first when i get one, for memories 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.