The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hand-blown glass drip tips

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Dougiestyle, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Gracchus Grey

Gracchus Grey Moved On

Mar 12, 2011
    Southern California
    My order shipped! I only bought one cause i'm broke, but i think I chose well:

'The glow in the dark glass is neat, and they don't produce it
    anymore which makes this tip ULTRA rare. It can be charged up with a
    U.V. light source and will glow for some time after that. The
    Dichroic glass is Green/Blue/Purple depending on which direction it is
    viewed from.

due to arrive saturday. Hooray!

2. otrpu

otrpu Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    I don't have one yet. But, am thinking if they custom blow, it might be a way to get a mouthpiece that really fits tightly in the 3 mL syringe mod from Stormy's Vapor Cellar. Many people make their own. The 510 tips fit, but are not really a tight fit. I've lost both a shorty clear & reg length clear tips because they fall off/out easily. But, they would have to make to spec or test on their own to get the tip right for the BD 3 mL syringe. Far as I know nobody is servicing this market. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

3. RIMP

RIMP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Let us know how you like them:2cool:
    RIMP:evil:

4. Gracchus Grey

Gracchus Grey Moved On

Mar 12, 2011
    Southern California
    My tip got here in two days... this thing looks SO cool! Seriously. Will take pics in day time because all i have is a webcam, and i want to wait for good light to capture the detail.

It's a bit tight in my bauway atty, but it fits, and that's all that counts.

5. leannebug

leannebug Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south

For something that ISNT glass; you should look into a DT from Volcanocigs.com. All their attys are slightly bigger, so the tips fit more snuggly.

EDIT: got that backwards. You would need to buy your atty from them- so it fits better in your current DT's

On the glass tips: oh I SO want one. I just know I'd accidentally bite the thing and it would prolly shatter in my mouth :p

Sent from my pod

6. Brutus Buckeye

Brutus Buckeye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm disappointed. I emailed Bert 3 days ago and no response. Was hoping to hear back from him faster than that.

7. Gracchus Grey

Gracchus Grey Moved On

Mar 12, 2011
    Southern California
    A few thoughts I emailed; May as well post here:

How about a 306 drip tip? You can make them pretty big with great results-- the Cannon from cherry vape is the most functional design, currently, and it's about an inch and a half long.

And speaking of cherry vape, I really like the feel of their Pawn in my mouth. A glass tip with that sort of 'nub tip' design would be awesome, even if it had to be a bit chunkier. Just think of it as a 'lip rest', i guess.

And when will the next round of tips be up? I have money set aside in my paypal treasury :)

8. lynleestar

lynleestar Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I've not heard back regarding mine either Brutus, he may just be busy making the tips, the e-mails I have received from him were quite professional

9. lynleestar

lynleestar Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I would also like to apologize to the OP if I completely derailed his thread; I'm sure he didn't post to promote another glass blower!

10. RIMP

Same here:(

11. Secti0n31

Secti0n31 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    just sent an email to Bert asking for an estimate on a design based on the ones I've seen on the site. It probably won't be cheap, but I'm not really about cheap. I'm about sweet looking stuff that performs really well. Can't wait to hear back. It'll be a week or so before I can commission one, but I'm looking forward to it.

12. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    I think by the OP seeing our reactions in his thread he gets the knowledge that YES there is a place for hand-blown tips!

13. Secti0n31

Secti0n31 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    Oh sure, but the Open Lab place is the only site I've ever found with the kind of hand blown glass I was looking for. I wish that more places had em, but openlab has the right idea to make a few and post them, and the rest would be commissioned individually and custom made.

Edit: I'm not the OP of this thread but I HAVE been looking for glass drip tips for.... about 83 days lol.

14. Worf

Worf Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Bethlehem, PA
    Just curious since its all custom work..what kind of prices are we talking about?

15. leannebug

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    I'd like to know too. Anyone actually purchase one?

Sent from my pod

16. Gracchus Grey

Gracchus Grey Moved On

Mar 12, 2011
    Southern California
    $15, and i bought one last week. Shipped instantly, was here in like 2 days

17. Gracchus Grey

Gracchus Grey Moved On

Mar 12, 2011
    Southern California
    [​IMG]

picture is crap, obviously. But this is, without a doubt, the coolest e-cig accessory I own.

These tips, in fact, are the coolest accessory on the e-cig marketplace today. I challenge anyone to find something cooler.

18. leannebug

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
  19. RIMP

I have sent 2 e-mails in the past week with no reply:evil: Just sent a 3rd.

20. Gracchus Grey

Gracchus Grey Moved On

Mar 12, 2011
    Southern California
    I don't think he checks email much. I sent an email to his paypal address, too, and haven't received a response.

Glassblowers; what do you expect ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.