Have you converted anyone over to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempis

May 14, 2012
Houma, Louisiana
The title is pretty self explanitory. Have you converted anyone from smoking cigarettes to the wonderful world of personal vaporizers?

It's too early to tell now, but I just got a friend of mine, who is a pretty heavy smoker, to give vaping a try in an effort to get off analogs. I really hope it helps him, because I haven't had or wanted a cig since I started vaping.

Whiskey Hotel

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
New York, NY
My mother, to my absolute astonishment. I've only been vaping for a few months and still have an occasional cigarette, yet she took to it right away. Over 50 years of heavy smoking and she hasn't had one in a month, since I ordered her a starter kit. I'm really blown away by that.

I've tried with my girlfriend, she hasn't really taken to it...

I guess you never know who will like it and who won't.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
I'm too new to vaping, so I'm TRYING to keep my new found hobby on the down low for now (and it's been pretty hard since it's just so awesome).

I feel like I need more experience before I go around telling people the wrong equipment to buy, etc. I'd rather wait until I really know what I'm doing first, lest I actually turn someone off to vaping due to lack of knowledge and giving bad advice. I'm getting there, though!

Whiskey Hotel

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
New York, NY
I would agree, but in my (also very limited) experience, the opposite has been true. I've bought tons of stuff for my girlfriend (starter kit, egos, tanks, liquids), but she still gets bad cravings for analogs.
With my mom I pointed her to smokelessimage since she can order refills and such easily. She loves it, doesn't have any interest in trying any other flavors/equipment. She's also not the least bit timid and loves being able to go into restaurants or planes and puff away.

I think a person has to have at least a small interest in quitting smoking. Like me, my mom has just been really excited at the prospect of being free from cigarettes.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
I have several coworkers in a wait and see pattern right now. They want to see how I am after a month or so of vaping. Friday will be 3 weeks and I see no change in sight. :) So then I guess I will become their goto man, but I plan to try and get the computer savvy ones on here so I don't have to do as much work. :) It might help that we have a brick and mortar store in Orlando that I can direct them to ... most people are very tactile in their purchase decisions, and being able to hold something before hand will help. It did for me. Once I had the black ego C in my hand, I knew I liked it. The texture of the finish is quite nice.

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
I converted several people where I work. The only problem is keeping them on it. The process of vaping is way more effort than you ever would consider putting into smoking. I guess, like previous examples in this post, it really depends on the person. You can get a great deal of interest out of people looking for an alternative, but how do you explain that it's cumbersome at times and takes quite a bit of time to prepare things for each day, week, month.. etc. That's the one thing that turns people off. And buying pre-filleds is just a waste of money.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have converted two of my co-workers to vaping. One was an occasional smoker, mostly when drinking, and the other was a full time, half PAD smoker. Both are now chain vaping with me. We are in cubicles so it's funny to see the clouds of vapor coming from each of us....lol...We vape in the office like a happy vaping family:toast:

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
I have converted two of my co-workers to vaping. One was an occasional smoker, mostly when drinking, and the other was a full time, half PAD smoker. Both are now chain vaping with me. We are in cubicles so it's funny to see the clouds of vapor coming from each of us....lol...We vape in the office like a happy vaping family:toast:
I REALLY wish I could just do it at my desk! Did you guys have it approved by your HR dept?

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
HR department?!?!? What's that?!?!? LOL!! We are a small software development company, about 28 of us, so there really is no HR. We are, however, not doing it when the bosses walk by:p:nun:

I REALLY wish I could just do it at my desk! Did you guys have it approved by your HR dept?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Well over 100 BUT many are in my age group and, whether they admit it or not, the Big C is constantly on their minds and noticing that flight of stairs is now leaving them winded. Having a willing convert is 1/2 the battle. I also run a program at a shelter I volunteer at. It's all good but willingness is the first step and I don't go out of my way unless someone is interested. Leading by example is also helpful as many believe vaping to be a scam IMO.

ByeByeCoffinNails

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Kakapo Kountry (New Zealand)
My sister-in-law wants to take the plunge and since her birthday is coming up, I've put together a kit that will get her started. It has a KGo kit, a case, a pile of juice, carts, drip tips and a selection of business cards from my favourite vendors. I even packed a paper towel, cotton buds and handy toothpicks in a little plastic bag.

I wish someone had given me this kind of present when I was starting out.

It won't be easy for her (her Mum and Dad smoke), but it will be worth it. She keeps trying and liking my husband's PV though so i think she will be stoked with the gift.

Love to All

:vapor:

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
My sister-in-law wants to take the plunge and since her birthday is coming up, I've put together a kit that will get her started. It has a KGo kit, a case, a pile of juice, carts, drip tips and a selection of business cards from my favourite vendors. I even packed a paper towel, cotton buds and handy toothpicks in a little plastic bag.

I wish someone had given me this kind of present when I was starting out.

It won't be easy for her (her Mum and Dad smoke), but it will be worth it. She keeps trying and liking my husband's PV though so i think she will be stoked with the gift.

Love to All

:vapor:

A starter kit as a present is a really good idea. They usually come in nice gift-like boxes, too.

Just make sure there's some juice in there to get them off and running. If not, you can let them try some of yours. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread