Have you ever encountered this brand of "anti-smoker"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
@ Kristin,

Wow.

@ Everyone else:

This is going to be the last time I post in this thread.

It all boils down to respect. It's as simple as that. I give it to you, you give it to me. And also, live according to the laws of the land. Just because you can "vape" anywhere doesn't mean you should. You seem to be confusing respect for others with a stymying of your personal rights and freedoms.

Yes, you could, but should you? If you KNOW it's gonna piss off people and you do it anyway, really, what point are you making? That vapers are rude and obnoxious and no better than smokers. All of this could have been avoided if the OP simply told the old lady, "It's not a cigarette, it's a personal vaporizer", and if she still "fake coughed", instead of being a (blank word) he could simply stand up, take two steps to the side, and vape nicely. If that constitutes an "OH MY GAD THAT OFFENDS ME TOO AND THAT MEANS MY RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED, OMG I HAVE TO MOVE TWO FEET AWAY!" No, it's not called rights being violated, it's called respect.

Respect.

Done with this thread.

Last edited:

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key

45root

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
montgomery, AL
@ Kristin,

Wow.

@ Everyone else:

This is going to be the last time I post in this thread.

It all boils down to respect. It's as simple as that. I give it to you, you give it to me. And also, live according to the laws of the land. Just because you can "vape" anywhere doesn't mean you should. You seem to be confusing respect for others with a stymying of your personal rights and freedoms.

Yes, you could, but should you? If you KNOW it's gonna piss off people and you do it anyway, really, what point are you making? That vapers are rude and obnoxious and no better than smokers. All of this could have been avoided if the OP simply told the old lady, "It's not a cigarette, it's a personal vaporizer", and if she still "fake coughed", instead of being a (blank word) he could simply stand up, take two steps to the side, and vape nicely. If that constitutes an "OH MY GAD THAT OFFENDS ME TOO AND THAT MEANS MY RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED, OMG I HAVE TO MOVE TWO FEET AWAY!" No, it's not called rights being violated, it's called respect.

Respect.

Done with this thread.

you said that last time and you're still replying...
:lol:

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
until theres hard evidence to prove vaping is harmful then no one has the right to say you can't. From the doctors notes on me for the last three years, I have improved my score. To clarify, I was told "the only thing with your tests are your O2 is a little off, and your calcium is a little low". He recommended "eat more ice-cream, and maybe cut down on smoking". He went further to say " I am not one of those Doctors that would tell you to quit ( he still enjoys a pipe, 85 +years old) as I have seen more people buried for obesity than smoking related issues". Since then These numbers have returned to "normal". I will admit that I have gained about 15 lbs, but he says that I'm more "normal" in that respect as well

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There is never a reason to be rude. People are already trying to ban vaping. If we continue to be rude, it will just fuel their desire to ban vaping. No one like jerks. Non-vapors, smokers and the health police, vastly out number vapors.

BTW, some vapes have a very strong smell.

Precisely why this lady should have sat elsewhere

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Some vapes do have a very strong smell. I never considered Granny Crabapple might have been offended by the smell of fresh baked banana nut bread.

Oh some of you folks are too much. :vapor:

ROLFL...yeah, maybe her banana nut bread dosen't smell as good:)

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
There is never a reason to be rude.

And as long as ANTZ continue their rude behavior, I will call them on it. I suggest you go back and read Kristin's post again and try to understand it. I am not advocating running around blowing clouds of vapor everywhere one pleases, but when an anti makes it a point to be obnoxious in a public place, outdoors even, I draw the line. They are already gaining hold with outdoor smoking bans, and will not stop their self righteous crusade against anything that even resembles smoking unless challenged. Do not enable them by looking sorry and skulking off to hide your "shameful" habit.

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
So you would have continued blowing vapor in her face and then you get all ITG on us. That's just sad. Like I said before, this is why we can't have nice things.

I hope you welcome a ban on vaping everywhere we're not allowed to smoke now because you're just begging for it.

Who said I would "CONTINUE" blowing vapor IN HER FACE? ONLY YOU. I never said that, I NEVER DO THAT. I am actually quite aware of those around me and do not get into others space. UNLIKE that miserable human being YOU are making stuff up for. Go read my post before you attack me you miserable person spoiling for a fight. Then when you realize how wrong you are about inferring I would do anything LIKE blow vapor in someone's face, go back to your hole.

DFDF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2012
United States

username1970

May 14, 2012
USA
until theres hard evidence to prove vaping is harmful then no one has the right to say you can't.

I disagree. If private businesses want to ban vaping, I think that is their right. I am against legislation forcing businesses to ban smoking and I would hold that through to any legislation forcing private businesses to ban vaping but if they want to ban it inside their place of business then so be it.

I saw bars that actually banned smoking before the government told them they had to. I didn't particularly like it since at the time I still smoked but I had to admit it was their house and therefore their rules. Even though I don't smoke anymore I'm still against government-enforced smoking bans, but if any private business of their own free will wants to ban smoking - or vaping - then I think they should be free to do so.

If I don't like it, then I am free to go elsewhere - or even nowhere. The last movie I saw in a theater was Shaft (I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out if it was Shaft with Richard Roundtree or Shaft with Samuel Jackson) Either way it's been a while since I've seen a movie in a theater. Hey, their fault since they wouldn't let me smoke and drink while I watched movies. I can do whatever I want in front of my TV at home.

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I disagree. If private businesses want to ban vaping, I think that is their right. I am against legislation forcing businesses to ban smoking and I would hold that through to any legislation forcing private businesses to ban vaping but if they want to ban it inside their place of business then so be it.

I saw bars that actually banned smoking before the government told them they had to. I didn't particularly like it since at the time I still smoked but I had to admit it was their house and therefore their rules. Even though I don't smoke anymore I'm still against government-enforced smoking bans, but if any private business of their own free will wants to ban smoking - or vaping - then I think they should be free to do so.

If I don't like it, then I am free to go elsewhere - or even nowhere. The last movie I saw in a theater was Shaft (I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out if it was Shaft with Richard Roundtree or Shaft with Samuel Jackson) Either way it's been a while since I've seen a movie in a theater. Hey, their fault since they wouldn't let me smoke and drink while I watched movies. I can do whatever I want in front of my TV at home.

I can agree with this. It is America, and I do respect anyone that may not want it around them. I just think in this case the lady was a little rude herself, and should have considered the rights of others

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Does the vapor just disappear? Surely someone with a PG sensitivity sitting in the same car with you would argue otherwise.

You have the freedom to choose to believe anything you want, and each person is different and reacts differently to things. I have a pg sensitivity myself, and no I don't impose on anyone who politely asks me not to vape around them (which by the way, it hasn't happened yet but will gladly do it).

Too many preconceived behaviors are being automatically assigned at those of us who expect others to treat us with the same respect as they want to be treated. I am 64 years old myself, I'm not a brain dead immature teenager who blows vapor in people's faces just like I didn't do it when I smoked.

If you really think that vaping is going to irreversibly harm everyone who comes in contact with you, then maybe you should reconsider your THR method, maybe even consider going with the socially acceptable gum, patches, Chantix.

Personally, I prefer to vape. :vapor:

DFDF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2012
United States
My point is that claiming it is "water vapor" or " completly harmless" is incorrect.

Its not like eating a peanut in a bus, more like powdering a peanut and blowing it into the air on the bus. It may be harmless to us but it could cause another discomfort or serious harm. That needs to be taken into consideration.

Im not directing this at the op, more to some of the statements being made and the hollier than though attitude of others posting here. Just be respectful and realize tooty fruity bubblegum vapor may not be harmful to you but it may bother another or even send them to the hospital. Diacetyl used to be completly harmless, remember?

Also, I love vaping and dont see myself quitting anytime soon. The possible risks of prolonged flavor inhalation and its affects on my gonads is acceptable to me personally. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread