Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I never tried that camp coffee. I do want to try chicory coffee. Maybe mix the two. I see Community has a mix of it, but I want to try the instant. I have been looking into making chicory as well as dandelion coffee too.

My eggplant seeds came up already. I don't know if I mentioned that or not. Today I see another seed pop out that I planted of the berries. It may be a weed seed, but I don't think so. I will know soon enough. When one pops up, the rest will probably come up fairly quickly.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Well right now he's mad at me-I had some chicken thawing on the stove and he kept jumping up there to get at it, so I set it in the microwave where he can't get to it. Now I just have to remember that I put it there so it doesn't sit out too long!

So, did you remember your chicken? And most importantly — is he still mad at you?

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
One of my favorite lines from Downton Abbey was when the family is gathered at the dinner table talking about some plans and Granny (aka Aunt Violet, the Grande Dame, the Earl's mum) says in the most quizzical voice, "What's a 'week - end'"?

Of course, in her pampered world, every day was Saturday (except Sunday)!

That’s Maggie Smith’s character, right? She played that role to perfection and made me bust out laughing so many times. I remember that scene too!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I never tried that camp coffee. I do want to try chicory coffee. Maybe mix the two. I see Community has a mix of it, but I want to try the instant. I have been looking into making chicory as well as dandelion coffee too.

My eggplant seeds came up already. I don't know if I mentioned that or not. Today I see another seed pop out that I planted of the berries. It may be a weed seed, but I don't think so. I will know soon enough. When one pops up, the rest will probably come up fairly quickly.

Now we hope and pray that neither weather nor bugs hinder your eggplant!

At some point I’m going to try a container on my balcony. Probably just garlic to see how it goes. I’ll have to go back and find out the timing and all that.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
OMG am I glad this "workday" is over... the full moon is kikin .... big time tonite..

I get to the airport to do my Baton rouge pickup and the guys at the cargo place tell me there are 4 more boxes to be picked up... HUH!! :blink::|:eek:..
so I call the Boss man and tell him the airbill#, he has no record of it, but the packages are definately marked for one of my deliveries, bossman sends someone else out to pick them up
I do my Baton Rouge run, stop off at the other work place and tried to open the stuck door ( been an issue for quite some time) I feel something "pop" in my left side rib cage... sharp pain and difficulty breathing.
ehhh maybe I tore some muscles or ripped some cartlidge, pain subsides to a level of being tolerable. On my way to the next stop, some wacko ( most likely blitzed out of their mind) was weaving all over 3 lanes of I-10 and was about to run into me, so I swerved and just missed the crash barrier and the white car ( the wacko) sped on around on my left side to then again continue driving all over the interstate... I saw his tail lites dissapear ( hoping he took the exit) but then saw him again a few moments later... uhohhh... next thing I notice are all 3 lanes of I-10 lighting up with brake lites.. I slow down to 50 and move to the middle lane.... Mr "Weaver" managed to take out 3 cars and his own..... hope he had insurance...

anywho, I get to Pearl River to do my 11pm -5am gig and the ribs went into full revolt... took 4.5 hrs to do a 1.5 hr job.... ( unload and palatize) you would be amazed as to how much one uses the muscles in the rib area just to do simple things... so, with due dilligence I completed the task.. :oops:

so Im off and running to the house.... the morning wackos are in full force doing 75+ in a 60 and someone lost a hubcap... it rolled ( at a pretty good speed) into my lane and I got it... nailed that puppy hard...
must have been plastic cuz it sounded like it exploded... :shock:

and I thought my life was boring... excitement is ok, Adreneline rushes not okay...o_O:nah:

at least the Guinness is tasting really good right now :)

I see these long posts of yours and I’m almost afraid to read! Mr. Weaver — ugh.

I hope that’s nothing serious with your ribs. It’s not an easy area to rest or heal, but you sure won’t want to make it get any more inflamed than it is.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
So, did you remember your chicken? And most importantly — is he still mad at you?
Yes I did. No he didn't get any. Before you all report me to the ASPCA, it was because I don't think that Japanese curry I turned it into would've been very good for him. He did make a point to jump on my lap, purring all sweetly, and then fart on me not so sweetly. I believe he has since forgiven me since he saw me bring home 2 different bags of cat food and a bag full of cans a little while ago.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Yes I did. No he didn't get any. Before you all report me to the ASPCA, it was because I don't think that Japanese curry I turned it into would've been very good for him. He did make a point to jump on my lap, purring all sweetly, and then fart on me not so sweetly. I believe he has since forgiven me since he saw me bring home 2 different bags of cat food and a bag full of cans a little while ago.

In my experience, direct hit cat farts are both the punishment and the sign of their forgiveness. :lol:

I agree 100% with your decision to prevent his indulgence in Japanese curry. My silly female once licked the dregs from a bowl of very spicy soup I'd had. She was fine. But since she has no sense in such things, I have to be very careful where I leave my bowl!

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
In my experience, direct hit cat farts are both the punishment and the sign of their forgiveness. :lol:

I agree 100% with your decision to prevent his indulgence in Japanese curry. My silly female once licked the dregs from a bowl of very spicy soup I'd had. She was fine. But since she has no sense in such things, I have to be very careful where I leave my bowl!

Yeah, the first time my son came to visit after we took him in he sheepishly looked at me and said, "Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you he farts a lot." Thanks, son. Like I hadn't already figured that out.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Now we hope and pray that neither weather nor bugs hinder your eggplant!

At some point I’m going to try a container on my balcony. Probably just garlic to see how it goes. I’ll have to go back and find out the timing and all that.

Do you have a sunny window? I haven't tried to grow any inside. (I don't have good light here in the house) You could try to grow some on your balcony and inside too. See which way is better.

Well the grandbabies are eating a lot right now. They are very busy, learning how things work. The smaller baby can now take several steps on his own, and he is quite proud of himself. The larger baby said hi to me and waved his hand around to a tee. This was after I said it to him first. Seems I'm not the only one teaching the boys that one. He said it twice, but then I couldn't get him to say it again. I couldn't wait to tell my daughter, but she already knew. I saw them last week, and this is new to me. Every week they can do something new.

Last edited:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon... Well I have a bit of bronchitis. They gave me four meds for it. I filled them but I'm sure one is on the do not take list for my CDL. He did tell me not to drive on it. So if I need it maybe a small dose only on the weekend may be okay. Have to think about it. The others should be okay but I won't take them during the work day just to be safe...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Afternoon... Well I have a bit of bronchitis. They gave me four meds for it. I filled them but I'm sure one is on the do not take list for my CDL. He did tell me not to drive on it. So if I need it maybe a small dose only on the weekend may be okay. Have to think about it. The others should be okay but I won't take them during the work day just to be safe...
They probably have a steroid in there somewhere.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Do you have a sunny window? I haven't tried to grow any inside. (I don't have good light here in the house) You could try to grow some on your balcony and inside too. See which way is better.

Well the grandbabies are eating a lot right now. They are very busy, learning how things work. The smaller baby can now take several steps on his own, and he is quite proud of himself. The larger baby said hi to me and waved his hand around to a tee. This was after I said it to him first. Seems I'm not the only one teaching the boys that one. He said it twice, but then I couldn't get him to say it again. I couldn't wait to tell my daughter, but she already knew. I saw them last week, and this is new to me. Every week they can do something new.

We do have a couple of very sunny windows. We also have a couple of plant loving cats! The male cat even gnawed on a cactus I used to have on my desk years ago. So the balcony is my best chance.

Such sweet grandbaby stories! Walking and talking — let the mayhem begin! LOL

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

I’m glad you went in. Jeez! Four meds? I used to get bronchitis at least once a year and get one prescription. Maybe Tylenol with codeine for at night.

Anyway, I hope you can rest and get well quickly. Bronchitis is miserable.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Before vape (AV) I had sinusitis which drifted down the tube into bronchitis semi-annually. It actually put me on my back with an antibiotic. I have not had a bout of that for the five or more years of vaping. So here is wishing @DavidOH a complete and speedy recovery - it is miserable.

I’m glad you went in. Jeez! Four meds? I used to get bronchitis at least once a year and get one prescription. Maybe Tylenol with codeine for at night.

Anyway, I hope you can rest and get well quickly. Bronchitis is miserable.

Users who are viewing this thread