Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Happy Mother's Day to all our awesome Mommies!!!

1715533220784.jpeg

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Wifey remembers it but hasn't seen any in a long time.

What DD said. Didn't they make a clove gum too?
@LAwaters I remember Teaberry, Beemans, Black Jack (the licorice one). The Safeway in Denver used to sell them at the register candy racks. It seems to me that they mostly sell bubblegum now. Some of the vintage candies are available on-line or at special stores, so I don't know if you can still get them today.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
@LAwaters I remember Teaberry, Beemans, Black Jack (the licorice one). The Safeway in Denver used to sell them at the register candy racks. It seems to me that they mostly sell bubblegum now. Some of the vintage candies are available on-line or at special stores, so I don't know if you can still get them today.
Yeah, I think it was the licorice one I remembered most. Not vividly.

Reactions: DavidOH

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I looked those up. That’s a different brand that I don’t remember as well as the Clark’s brand. I was never a big fan of gum but that one, Juicy Fruit and Big Red I did like once in a while.

Bubblegum? Nah. It’s all about the cards! :)

Reactions: DavidOH

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Mowed the backyard yesterday and nearly chopped up a box turtle. They're brownish and camouflage perfectly with forest floors. Fortunately they stick out in grass if it's not too long.

View attachment 1012662
His name is Tooclosefercomfort. I’m grateful you still have good eyesight!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
His name is Tooclosefercomfort. I’m grateful you still have good eyesight!
Me too. Came to within a foot. I’m pretty good about watching what’s in front of me. Mostly for snakes. But frogs and turtles too. Do the same thing when driving, especially at night. I popped a couple deer and narrowly missed a few others. I kinda scan ahead for movement, particularly their lit up eyes. Convinced I avoided a couple accidents. Not into killing wildlife including snakes.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I looked those up. That’s a different brand that I don’t remember as well as the Clark’s brand. I was never a big fan of gum but that one, Juicy Fruit and Big Red I did like once in a while.

Bubblegum? Nah. It’s all about the cards! :)
There were some Beechnut fruit flavored stripes gums that used to be advertised as "Yikes Stripes!" with tiger mascots. The Wrigley's and the other flavored stick gums tended to lose flavor fairly quickly. I was mostly into Big Red, the cinnamon flavor.

It seemed like the stick gums got pushed out by Bubblicious and the other intense fruity bubble gums. I'm sure the stores got more sales with the kid flavors and all the different flavors than they did with the more adult stick gums.

I don't remember many kids collecting the sport cards bubble gums, but those mod Rod and Wacky Packages sticker gums were really popular around the playground. I think I still have a few of them deep down in the stash around here.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Morning.... Only working three days this week.. Just tomorrow and Friday to go unless something changes. So I'm working on the washer drain pipe again. My last mod on it wasn't going to prevent over flowing for long. My revised mod should fix it. Waiting for cement and sealer to setup takes most of the fix time. And I'll snake it since I have it off. Lots of fun... :)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Evening.... It rained most of the day. We may be done with it till mid week and I'm glad. I'll be working three days the next week. A couple drivers are leaving at the end of the month. I agreed to work five days a week when they do. Which will be fine. I was done at 10:30 this morning... :thumb:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Evening.... It rained most of the day. We may be done with it till mid week and I'm glad. I'll be working three days the next week. A couple drivers are leaving at the end of the month. I agreed to work five days a week when they do. Which will be fine. I was done at 10:30 this morning... :thumb:
What’s the next holiday they amp up for?

Users who are viewing this thread