Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
We are in the same place. Just want to be left alone.

20 year anniversary in this house. Longest I ever lived in one house. By far.
IMG_8007.jpeg

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
If you saw how bad my lawn is…

It’s all weeds. Grass does not grow in this red clay. But it all looks the same from the satellite pictures.
Same here except the green is gone by end of May when there’s no more rain. Even in PA I had 3 acres of green - all weeds. Meh. Why fight a losing battle like that when there’s plenty of other losing battles to fight? ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Same here except the green is gone by end of May when there’s no more rain. Even in PA I had 3 acres of green - all weeds. Meh. Why fight a losing battle like that when there’s plenty of other losing battles to fight? ;)
I gave up. Pointless. Not worth pouring thousands per year in it. I'll cut it thru May then put the mower away till fall cuz it doesn't grow at all in the summer.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Mine will still grow unless we hit a dry spell.
We had that jet black, highly fertile soil when I lived in Illinois. Best dirt on the planet. That's why the midwest is the breadbasket of the world. You could grow bricks in that stuff. Had to mow year round. Not here in NC. Grass shuts down by the end of May and doesn't come back to life till Fall. Some of the weeds still grow tho. :(

Reactions: DavidOH

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Question for @DavidOH about Costco hearing aid 4 - 6 month cleaning service. Do you use it or happen to know how much they charge? Is it worth doing?

Someone I know just bought hearing aids through Costco. The cleaning service was mentioned at a follow up appt but they don’t know whether it’s included or an extra charge or what.

Reactions: DavidOH

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Question for @DavidOH about Costco hearing aid 4 - 6 month cleaning service. Do you use it or happen to know how much they charge? Is it worth doing?

Someone I know just bought hearing aids through Costco. The cleaning service was mentioned at a follow up appt but they don’t know whether it’s included or an extra charge or what.
As far as I know it's free. The one I go to will clean mine anytime. But it's not something I've done that often. They verify I'm a member and clean them. I went in awhile back because I thought they didn't sound right. I asked them clean and check them. They cleaned them and changed the speaker on the part that goes in the ear. Which made them sound better. No charge for any of it. I'm on my second set from Costco. Now you've reminded me I should change my domes and filters... :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
As far as I know it's free. The one I go to will clean mine anytime. But it's not something I've done that often. They verify I'm a member and clean them. I went in awhile back because I thought they didn't sound right. I asked them clean and check them. They cleaned them and changed the speaker on the part that goes in the ear. Which made them sound better. No charge for any of it. I'm on my second set from Costco. Now you've reminded me I should change my domes and filters... :)
Thank you! Very helpful. :toast:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Thank you! Very helpful. :toast:
One more thing. If for some reason one of the hearing aids has a problem it may need to be sent for warranty repair. (they can't fix everything) If that happens send both of them in. It means you'll be without them for about 2 weeks. (I had an old set I could use) But better to have both checked. I had one go bad and sent both in. Instead if fixing the one they sent a new pair.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
One more thing. If for some reason one of the hearing aids has a problem it may need to be sent for warranty repair. (they can't fix everything) If that happens send both of them in. It means you'll be without them for about 2 weeks. (I had an old set I could use) But better to have both checked. I had one go bad and sent both in. Instead if fixing the one they sent a new pair.
Good point. Makes sense too. Now hopefully he can get used to the feeling of pressure in his ears because these new ones fit so well. Hearing aids are rough - it’s no walk in the park to get used to them.

Users who are viewing this thread