Hello from a smoker who started Vaping recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A701

Apr 7, 2019
Toronto
Hello to All,

I've been smoking for over 15 years and the side effects of that got me to look into vaping. I've tried vaping with friends years back but didn't enjoy it like smoking, I was doing direct to lung DTL that caused me to cough a lot and headaches, so I gave up and went back to smoking. Skipping forward to January 2019, the shop where I regularly buy my cigarette from recommended to try heat not burn tobacco HNB and sure enough I did and got impressed, but it didn't feel right, so I started searching about HNB and figured it is like MTL vaping. I then started MTL searching and how it differ from DTL in atomizer, mod power, and etc.
On Feb/18, I visited a local shop to gain more knowledge and to make a purchase, after spending over an hour checking different options and e liquids, I bought a 50W nautilus zelos 2.0 kit, and three 30ml tobacco flavour in 18mg/ml nicotine regular base. The 18mg/ml was high for me, so I went back to the store and change the unopened liquid for 12mg/ml.
My cigarettes use got lowered to 1-3 cigarettes from 20 a day, and thats an improvement for me, but I wanted to cut down to zero. So, then I read of (dual use) with a pod system can help especially if it's a salt nicotine base, so I went back to search for MTL pod system, and that took longer than I expected as there are many options to choose from; however, I couldn't get the one I want with (restricted airflow), and instead got a nord by smok with a 15mg/ml salt nic. This dual use (mod/Pod) setup helped me tremendously. I now use my nord instead of the times I smoke 1-3 cigarettes, and my nautilus takes care of the rest.
I apologize for the confusing introduction, and thank you for supporting people such as myself to kick the habit.

A701

Apr 7, 2019
Toronto
You have done the right thing and done so well - congratulations and a very warm welcome to the Forum!
Thank you. Even though I seem to go through nautilus 1.8 coil every other day as if Aspire is my uncle, and due to chain vaping, but I got to admit it, I wish I knew MTL vaping existed long ago.
I really appreciate the motivations, and you'll see me updating ;)

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Thank you. Even though I seem to go through nautilus 1.8 coil every other day as if Aspire is my uncle, and due to chain vaping, but I got to admit it, I wish I knew MTL vaping existed long ago.
I really appreciate the motivations, and you'll see me updating ;)

I'm still using the original Nautilus Mini ... and seriously I get 4 -6 weeks out of either a 1.6 or 1.8 Ohm coil - BUT I vape clear unsweetened, unflavoured, DIY 18 strength liquid, vaping at 6.8 - 8 watts.

Real old style I know - but I'm a reformed old smoking man who puffed away at tobacco for over 50 years.

A701

Apr 7, 2019
Toronto
I'm still using the original Nautilus Mini ... and seriously I get 4 -6 weeks out of either a 1.6 or 1.8 Ohm coil - BUT I vape clear unsweetened, unflavoured, DIY 18 strength liquid, vaping at 6.8 - 8 watts.

Real old style I know - but I'm a reformed old smoking man who puffed away at tobacco for over 50 years.
Haven't got into DIYing my e liquid yet, but been reading and watching few YouTube vids, preparing myself to it. Also, putting a list on what to buy as it can be very tempting to select multiple flavours. I've got many questions, but answers I get as I read along the forum.
Thank you for stopping by, and hope to see your feedback in my future updates. My journey just started, and Yes, I started with the regular 1.8ohm coil, as I was advised in the shop not to use the 0.4 for MTL. And the wattage I use is between 9-11. The 1.8 recommended use in my manual is 10-14w, but I read it won't hurt to go lower or higher, it will only result in longer or short coil life. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread