Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

I just tried Logging Out, Clearing Caches/Cookies, and the Logging back in. Now it in the L/H Lower Corner.

:blink:

This is Worse. Cause Now I Can't even see who is Posting without doing some Scroll Wheel Gymnastics.

:facepalm:

There is Now a Faint "X" in the Upper R/H Corner of the Pop-Up.

I clicked it and it appears to have removed things.

:thumb:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am a supporting member. I still see the ad, albeit intermittently.

This makes me feel like it is STALKING ME.. You know, you get relief from this annoying person who is following you around..... And a page later.... It's BACK.

This is worse than the terror inducing "Scary Santa" figurine my mom bought one Christmas .Us four kids used to move it to different places to scare each other... .Like behind the shower curtain, in front of someone's door so it was the first thing seen before like, awakening and coffee... Etc.

Okay maybe it's not WORSE, but it's not GOOD either,.,... :(

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: JCinFLA

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yay, I followed the "instructions" and now it's gone....

THAT should actually BE the competition! The first person who figures out how to get rid of it GETS ALL THE PRIZES!!!

Congrats @zoiDman , I think you won!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (In case anyone takes my advice, which I'm guessing is unlikely!

But, oh, gosh, THANK you, also :)

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think SOMENE somewhere saw the feedback (it's kinda all over) as that's why it jumped, was intermittent, then a solution appeared. That is my guess.

But, I do wonder if perhaps a poll could be conducted, somehow? If the majority of users don't want to have to X out gleam sponsored content? It's not like vendor's aren't using their threads to post "gleam" links for those who want to participate. Because when I do, it's reluctant, I don't like all the spamming involved to "win" something . I understand EXACTLY why manufacturers USE gleam, I do, but it's not something that one should be FORCED to deal with (in my opinion) or at least more than clicking out of it (maybe a double click, or a separate RED X) to make it go away completely.

I think it pops up when one logs in because those contests tend to have a "daily" entry, so I imagine competing includes dealing with that "daily" entry but I do think SOME compromise should be reached. There are those who simply DO NOT WANT to participate in gleam contests.... Etc.

Anna

• Winner
Reactions: Izan

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
thanks, couldnt see it when it was in lower right corner but now that it moved to lower left u can see it. still frigging annoying

Yeah... I don't think the "X" was there when the Pop-Up was on the R/H Side.

BTW - Kudos to the Code Writers for getting a Resolution (even if it is just a Session Resolution) done so Quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread