Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Nope, site owner responded and the ad is now very clear and easy to get rid of, possibly permanently for those who so desire? But it's easily viewed (and removed) which I think is fair enough as a response for sure.

Anna

Pop up ads are NEVER. EVER acceptable. In addition to ads, pop ups are the NUMBER ONE source for malware. Since you have to click something to close it, a programmer can program that button as "I accept this download" and you browser will accept that as confirmation and then you are infected. The only safe way to close a suspicious pop up is using Alt+F4 to close the whole browser. For these reasons, I have been known to boycott sites and companies that employ that tactic for advertising.

Even if not infected with malware (I don't think ECF is) pop us are still like having a 5 yr old jumping up in your face screaming "HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY", not only is it rude it just pisses me off. It definitely will NEVER get me to buy the selected product, if anything I would go out of my way to buy a competitor product that I didn't see an ad for.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hey everyone - I've put a new popup system in place that won't show more than twice per user per device. It's much easier to close too.

Sorry for the other ones. I've been very busy the last couple of weeks and hadn't realised how poorly implemented it was, and how irritating.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
uBlock worked for me, right click, block element (had to do it twice as it left a shadow box), but then it was gone for good (this time) :D

Yes I got the shadow box which wouldn't go away with ublock. and when they change it to another ad it will return. With AdGuard set it will block any of them

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Yes I got the shadow box which wouldn't go away with ublock.
Strange, the first time I "blocked element", it left a shadow box, then I right clicked on it again, and "blocked element" and the shadow box went away, don't know why it worked for me and not for you. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread