Help with nic salts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jxdubbs

Jun 20, 2016
I need help with a couple questions about next Salt I do have a pod mod. But I was wondering if I could use any mouth to lung or MTL tanks as long as they were above 1.0 ohms I'm new to the Nic salt game. But I am a season vapor. I do have a bunch of MTL tanks with coils that are above 1.0 ohms. Please let me know what you guys think and what your opinions are and thank you for all the help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Why do you think there's something magic about 1.0 ohms?

All that nic salts do is to make the nic less irritating to the mouth and throat. They do this by reducing alkalinity. Just make sure the nic level is appropriate for the type of device you're using. I.e. don't run 50 mg salts in a DL setup at 100 watts.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use DIY nic salts all the time in MTL devices. Mostly, as has been said match the nicotine level to the device like you would do period, and I've certainly vaped my 18 mg.ml nic salts slightly below 1.0 and certainly above that resistance.

The whole pod mod/nic salts thing is a marketing gimmick. You don't need to vape nic salts in a pod mod, otherwise pod mods would not have EXISTED before nicotine salts, which is factually untrue.

I hate (false) advertising.

Some nic salts seem a bit more bioavailable, some reports are they are equal or less. It may have SOMETHING to do with the forumation, because I have not noticed any key differences in nic salt juices, although my son gave me a hit off a Juul recently. It definitely did something weird, and something perhaps a LITTLE bit too NICE.

So if I got a pod mod, it would probably be the Juul but I don't actually NEED 50 mg/ml per puff, so I'm not going to .Perhaps look out for nic overload but really I wouldn't necessarily be insanely worried about THAT even, to be honest, but it's probably a good idea to say, so I'm going to say it. "Be on the lookout for nic overload, even though it probably won't happen, or if it does, it will just be unpleasant for a bit, put the vape down, etc."

Best of luck,

Anna

Jxdubbs

Jun 20, 2016
I use DIY nic salts all the time in MTL devices. Mostly, as has been said match the nicotine level to the device like you would do period, and I've certainly vaped my 18 mg.ml nic salts slightly below 1.0 and certainly above that resistance.

The whole pod mod/nic salts thing is a marketing gimmick. You don't need to vape nic salts in a pod mod, otherwise pod mods would not have EXISTED before nicotine salts, which is factually untrue.

I hate (false) advertising.

Some nic salts seem a bit more bioavailable, some reports are they are equal or less. It may have SOMETHING to do with the forumation, because I have not noticed any key differences in nic salt juices, although my son gave me a hit off a Juul recently. It definitely did something weird, and something perhaps a LITTLE bit too NICE.

So if I got a pod mod, it would probably be the Juul but I don't actually NEED 50 mg/ml per puff, so I'm not going to .Perhaps look out for nic overload but really I wouldn't necessarily be insanely worried about THAT even, to be honest, but it's probably a good idea to say, so I'm going to say it. "Be on the lookout for nic overload, even though it probably won't happen, or if it does, it will just be unpleasant for a bit, put the vape down, etc."

Best of luck,

Anna
Thank you for the info. I'm using nic salts in mt pod mod around 30mg to 40mg. But I do have some regular ejuice that uses that type of nicotine. So higher the mg higher the ohms?

Jxdubbs

Jun 20, 2016
I don't think there's anything magical about 1.0 ohms. That's some info that I was given. Also that's why I'm asking I just want the right answers. 1 will MTL tanks work instead of pod mods and 2 what ohms. I know very low wattage.
Why do you think there's something magic about 1.0 ohms?

All that nic salts do is to make the nic less irritating to the mouth and throat. They do this by reducing alkalinity. Just make sure the nic level is appropriate for the type of device you're using. I.e. don't run 50 mg salts in a DL setup at 100 watts.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Thank you for the info. I'm using nic salts in mt pod mod around 30mg to 40mg. But I do have some regular ejuice that uses that type of nicotine. So higher the mg higher the ohms?
I wouldn't say higher mg to higher ohms as a hard rule, since there are more factors in play as to how much vapor is produced than just coil resistance. Hopefully if you've vaped a while you have a good idea of which of your setups produce more vapor and less vapor, and that's the key I think. More vapor per puff, lower mg. Yeah the higher ohm setups are going to produce less vapor a lot of times, but I don't think it's going to be a linear correlation.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Kind of as a general rule, but honestly, I'm a wattage weenie (and temperature) weenie etc., so even if my ohm's are a little lower, well, I'm not gong to be turning up my wattage much past 12ish.

If I were vaping say a 0.8 coil at 30 watts, I would probably need to turn down my nic salts.

So it's not ALL resistance, it's just that you don't want to go nuts with it. Basically, how much vapor you get per puff, and if it's too much, dial the nic salts back and etc.

Anna

Reactions: Jxdubbs

Jxdubbs

Jun 20, 2016
nic salts are good in mtl devices of all types. I'm squonking 36 mg. Airflow is a bigger factor than resistance or power..a nice tight draw works great.
Ok cool. I'm looking into some mtl tanks. What ohms Are you vaping at? Could you tell me anything else that coils be helpful.

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
Basically, you can just ignore that it's salt nics and dial in a nice mtl vape. Resistance and power are going to depend entirely on your atty. The salt nic juice that I've used is thinner than the 'regular' 30/70 pg/vg juices that I'm used to, it's 50/50. That hasn't really changed my wicking but it seems a bit more forgiving. My builds are mostly between .4 and 1.0 ohms, and I mostly use a mech squonker so 4.2-3.5 volts or so. I take a pull for about half a second and that's plenty, lol. Great stuff.

Jxdubbs

Jun 20, 2016
Awesome I'll give your info a try. Thanks for the help. Now I have to find a couple great mtl tanks. Oh were so you buy you juice?
Basically, you can just ignore that it's salt nics and dial in a nice mtl vape. Resistance and power are going to depend entirely on your atty. The salt nic juice that I've used is thinner than the 'regular' 30/70 pg/vg juices that I'm used to, it's 50/50. That hasn't really changed my wicking but it seems a bit more forgiving. My builds are mostly between .4 and 1.0 ohms, and I mostly use a mech squonker so 4.2-3.5 volts or so. I take a pull for about half a second and that's plenty, lol. Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread