Status
Not open for further replies.

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
Hey Guys
I need some help with the new Paypal rules. I have a close relative who is out of the country working on a military base. He needs me to take care of some business for him and I thought it might be quicker to send the funds via Paypal rather than trying to send check through the mail internationally. I don't want to incur fees though if we can get by with it.
I read over there that you can send it personally still and no fees if its from a Paypal balance or from a bank acct. Does that mean an e-check? I know that e-checks take a few days to clear usually. Does anyone know if there is another way? I know I can get funds directly from my debit on there from my bank acct. I don't know if this is what they are referring to or not.
Can anyone help?

Redbone

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
California
If you have a balance in your PP account, you can send as 'gift' and not incur any fees for either you or the person you are sending it to.

When you are in PayPal, select the 'Send Money' tab towards the top of the page, then there are two tabs in the middle of the page, select 'Personal' then 'Gift'. There are no fees incurred when doing so, for either party.

:toast:

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
For future reference also PP customer service is pretty much improvement over the past.
You can go to their site and click on CS tab and you will get a code to enter, then call the CS phone number and your call goes through pretty quick.
I have called a few times in last couple months with general account/use questons and gotten through well enough that I am not hesitant to use the service at anytime.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
Starchild, I just sent money to someone as a gift with no balance in my PP acct. It WAS instant, no fees, and not a problem. My PayPal acct has me cleared for $XXX.XX for instant transfer without a PP acct balance so that might be the key. My PayPal is linked to my checking.

Same for me, got it linked to my bank and any online PP transactions always go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread