High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
I can't see a problem with your build choice at all, mine hasn't arrived but I normally vape at 1 - 1.2ohm Todd's reviews has good things to say about it. But be aware that they are currently difficult to get your hands on.

cheers, have been looking at the Gus, Heron, and a few others on the list, but think I have done my spend for a little while.
Thanks @TheotherSteveS and @Yonjuro ! Just ordered one! Yeah, they do seem really difficult to find. I was trying to contact them via Facebook, which is how I thought one generally ordered it, but they didn't get back to me. I know I'm going to want the middle sized shorty chamber as soon as it comes. Oh, and the flat top cap, because although it looks sleek, the metal nipple on top just looks horrible in my humble opinion. So I'm going to have to figure out how to get these goodies sooner or later! Oh, and yes @TheotherSteveS i always bring up how good of a vape my tengu v2 is but realize how much I'm rubbing it in afterward, forgetting Tark is done with designing anything new(for now) that was my first high end rta based on your recommendation. It has been a blessing

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
she arrived today!

IMG_3412 2.jpg

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
Scratch what I said before. The metal nipple actually looks really good when you put a small square ended tip on it. Is that the kayfun 5 drip tip? Oh, and that's a dicodes box mod, right? Was always tempted to buy one, but mark(todds reviews) claimed that there's so much depth to dive into in order to master it, even compared to a DNA200board. I personally like box mods/tubes all set up for me when I purchase it, so no tweaking has to be done. Sorry, I'm going on such a tangent here. How is the vape quality off of it compared to a DNA if you've had the experience of both?

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Scratch what I said before. The metal nipple actually looks really good when you put a small square ended tip on it. Is that the kayfun 5 drip tip? Oh, and that's a dicodes box mod, right? Was always tempted to buy one, but mark(todds reviews) claimed that there's so much depth to dive into in order to master it, even compared to a DNA200board. I personally like box mods/tubes all set up for me when I purchase it, so no tweaking has to be done. Sorry, I'm going on such a tangent here. How is the vape quality off of it compared to a DNA if you've had the experience of both?
I love todd but his dicodes rant is/was utterly ridiculous. It takes about 10 minutes to get the hang of it and when you do, it is the easiest device in the world to use if you want to swap atties with different coils etc. Thes dicodes devices are, without question, the best available. End of story.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia

Thanks :) I just chopped down a delrin 510 drip tip and sanded it smooth - basically like the kayfun :)

I do want the micro (medium) tank and the vented "torpedo" top cap, as I am not a fan of the one it comes with, but it looks ok with a short drip tip. Hussar have some nice short drip tips that I really like - but as you probably know - you need to be very patient in obtaining their stuff :)

Regarding the dicodes - I didn't mind Todds review at all, I think they can be as simple or as complex as you want it. To use the complex settings you need to switch to expert mode - which is clever as you dont need to scroll through everything if you want to just use basic power mode or basic temp. For wattage it couldn't be simpler. Sorry I haven't used the DNA boards to compare. The vape quality of Dicodes is fantastic.

I love todd but his dicodes rant is/was utterly ridiculous. It takes about 10 minutes to get the hang of it and when you do, it is the easiest device in the world to use if you want to swap atties with different coils etc. Thes dicodes devices are, without question, the best available. End of story.

As I said above I didn't mind his review :)

I with agree with you - these devices are great! I like it so much I bought the Dani V3 the day it was released :) Whenever I look with lust at new mods, the first thing I look at in specs is the board to see if it is Dicodes :)

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    I love you all :D

Had several of them now and still maintain they are built to last forever and the boards work probably better than any other one out there.

But I, as in me personally have never enjoyed the menu but I'm a simple bloke in a shed that gets confused choosing a meal from the takeaway menu ;)

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
    Nov 14, 2014
    Indiana
    I guess it all depends on what you want out of a tank I fell in love with my buddies KFUN v5 and his Azeroth by coil art. I have moonshot Herakles RTA v1 BFT Zephyrus V1 Movkin JC25-RTA and had an axiom I gave that to a buddy of mine though and they all have very distinct qualities to them.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2015
    Western Australia

Had several of them now and still maintain they are built to last forever and the boards work probably better than any other one out there.

But I, as in me personally have never enjoyed the menu but I'm a simple bloke in a shed that gets confused choosing a meal from the takeaway menu ;)

Haha :D Good on ya mate :thumbs: Your review was accurate, and didn't put me off in the slightest when I was researching them :) Scrolling on a single button tube is a pain, but that is the nature of the beastie. Easier on the box versions. Can't say I enjoy the menu either, but I kind of think it is just a slight pain in the overall greatness of the devices.

As I mentioned on the FB Hussar Group, I got mine from Darren at OVH! Have a ss and Ti torpedo caps arriving on Thursday! I need the micro or nano to turn it into a 'Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous Hussar' - and then I will be supremely satisfied :D

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England

Ok...I admit it's a little bit..err...complicated, especially all of the heater protection/boost options in VW mode. I guess I just like all that stuff. Probably should seek some professional help haha..I do think that in temp mode, if you use the same wire type all the time, its one of the easiest mods to set up with a different atty - few clicks to calibrate, set yer temp and off to the races - certainly much easier that the DNA-series although the Yihi mods are also nice in that respect.

Anyway, I'm just some bloke who doesn't even have a shed let alone magnificent edifice like yours!!

Nice to see you on ECF!!

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 10, 2013
    MD
    skvoraltdphoto.com
    If high-end = no clones, then today's market is FULL of inexpensive authentics that honestly kick most of the expensive ones' asses. My own lineup, minus Derringer, is all authentic and the build quality of each piece is no less than those overpriced things of the past. Current fave is Theorem for that single-quirky-coil, hassle-free kinda stealth setup.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2015
    Western Australia
    Hi, I have a Hussar Tank as well, may I ask if you have any juice leaking problem? Mine has quite big air hole leaking problem, everytime when I refill the juice, quite a lot amount of juice will leak from the air hole. Can you share your experience with me brother?

Hiya,

I have never had a leak. Make sure you have closed off the juice flow anti-clockwise before taking off the top cap.

Make sure your cotton just sits in the juice wells, dont stuff in into the holes.

Make sure you dont have cotton sitting away from the juice well.

Make sure your top cap in screwed down - not super tight but not loose so air can escape.

That is all I can think of right now, maybe post a photo of your build.

Right now this atty is my favourite and much more enjoyable than the Rose 3.

Ken Newbie HK

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I will try to take a pic later for my build.
    I did try to put cotton into the juice holes and it leaks crazily. Then, I try a different way that just make them sit in the well and not to put them into the juice holes. Still has leakage but much better.
    What is he meaning of "don't have cotton sitting away from juice well?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AstroTurf

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2015
    Western Australia
    I will try to take a pic later for my build.
    I did try to put cotton into the juice holes and it leaks crazily. Then, I try a different way that just make them sit in the well and not to put them into the juice holes. Still has leakage but much better.
    What is he meaning of "don't have cotton sitting away from juice well?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a well and deeper in the well there are juice holes, so cotton only in well. Basically don't have any cotton anywhere that will get trapped under the chimney chamber threads or tank walls.

Next time you get a leak, take the atty off the mod, open up the AFC fully, get a tissue and wrap it lightly around the AFC and blow through the drip tip to remove the juice. Then see if it still leaks. If it doesn't then it is probably due to the way you are filling it.

Reactions: AstroTurf

BuGlen

Divergent
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 6, 2012
    Tampa, Florida
    Hi, I have a Hussar Tank as well, may I ask if you have any juice leaking problem? Mine has quite big air hole leaking problem, everytime when I refill the juice, quite a lot amount of juice will leak from the air hole. Can you share your experience with me brother?

Another thing to consider is the distance between the coil(s) and the center air hole(s). If it's too close, the liquid can create a path into the air hole(s) when you're priming the wick. Once that happens, it will continue to follow that path until you rebuild/rewick or remove the liquid under the coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread