High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Another thing to consider is the distance between the coil(s) and the center air hole(s). If it's too close, the liquid can create a path into the air hole(s) when you're priming the wick. Once that happens, it will continue to follow that path until you rebuild/rewick or remove the liquid under the coil.

Very true... The Hussar is designed so the coil should sit quite high and well away from the air hole :) I thought it was very strange when people recommended this...until I built the way it was recommended.

I can't work out why Ken is getting the leaking unless it from filling with juice flow open or a problem with a seal. I do remember reading that a few people had an issue with an O-ring on the first batch of the micro or nano tank. They sent out (free of charge of course) a thicker O-ring to fix the issue.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Ken Newbie HK

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2016
Hong Kong
4e0c987fa6d54b273a96da1357288b3c.jpg

After all of the great advice, I do another build again with the single coil deck, please see my build here and kindly please help to comment and let me know if I done anything wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken Newbie HK

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2016
Hong Kong
Just found out a strange situation, when the build was finished and then I put back the top section back, it works without problem, then if I try to fill juice, (I turn the tank off first, then open top cap, fill the juice, then put the cap back, turn on the tank), after the refill action, the juice will leak crazily from the air holes

Ken Newbie HK

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2016
Hong Kong
juiced up wick and length prior to moving into the juice well, tips of cotton to sit in well, but not forced into juice holes :) View attachment 611985

This is what I did, apply juice to cotton before put them sitting on the juice well

Ken Newbie HK

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2016
Hong Kong
Very true... The Hussar is designed so the coil should sit quite high and well away from the air hole :) I thought it was very strange when people recommended this...until I built the way it was recommended.

I can't work out why Ken is getting the leaking unless it from filling with juice flow open or a problem with a seal. I do remember reading that a few people had an issue with an O-ring on the first batch of the micro or nano tank. They sent out (free of charge of course) a thicker O-ring to fix the issue.

May I ask the proper way to refill juice please:
1. Close juice flow
2. Open top cap
3. Refill
4. Close top cap
5. Open juice flow

Is that correct?

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
May I ask the proper way to refill juice please:
1. Close juice flow
2. Open top cap
3. Refill
4. Close top cap
5. Open juice flow

Is that correct?

Yes,

1. Close - anti-clockwise
2. pull off top cap.
3. Unscrew top piece that screws onto the chimney. Or Fill through the side juice slot.
4. Fill
5. Screw top piece back onto the chimney (if you removed it)
6. Push top cap back on.
7. Screw back on your mod - this clockwise motion will also turn on the juice flow when you reach the end of the 510 connection

If you are filling with it still on your mod, you need to be careful that you haven't opened the juice flow before filling.

Ken Newbie HK

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2016
Hong Kong
Yes,

1. Close - anti-clockwise
2. pull off top cap.
3. Unscrew top piece that screws onto the chimney. Or Fill through the side juice slot.
4. Fill
5. Screw top piece back onto the chimney (if you removed it)
6. Push top cap back on.
7. Screw back on your mod - this clockwise motion will also turn on the juice flow when you reach the end of the 510 connection

If you are filling with it still on your mod, you need to be careful that you haven't opened the juice flow before filling.

Sorry, I need to open juice flow before filling?
And I just try refill again and do every steps carefully, and I found juice will leak from juice hole if I turn the air flow ring to close then open, but this time the leakage is not that much.

I really don't know which steps i have done is wrong, this tank is little bit driving me crazy

And the juice leak just make me hurt my favorite mods :-(

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Sorry, I need to open juice flow before filling?
And I just try refill again and do every steps carefully, and I found juice will leak from juice hole if I turn the air flow ring to close then open, but this time the leakage is not that much.

I really don't know which steps i have done is wrong, this tank is little bit driving me crazy

And the juice leak just make me hurt my favorite mods :-(

No, I never said to open before filling. Open is clockwise.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
9 posts to try and help someone out with a leaking problem and no thanks given - what is coming to the world.

Anyway back to the topic. I've decided to sell my Rose 3 (not here) and I've just dropped the coin on the Animodz Doggiestyle 2k16 - I think it is quite expensive for what it is but it looks like a little flavour machine and right up my alley - that and I am a certifiable dog nutcase so they had me with the paw logo :D

I hope @Mark Todd checks them out , the name alone should make a hoot of a review :) Hint hint.
images-2.jpeg
Unknown-1.jpeg

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
9 posts to try and help someone out with a leaking problem and no thanks given - what is coming to the world.

I'll offer up a Thanks.

But you know what they say...

It's a Dog Eat Dog World?!?

LOLz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread