High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKID

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Southern CAL
@vapdivrr
I will let you know what I think as soon as I get it and try it out.

I am still loving with my Dvarw MTL with the 1.2 AFC insert. I normally do 7 wraps 2.5mm 28ga kanthal for wattage, same wraps for 28ga stainless in temp using dicodes.

I am experimenting with the Dvarw's tank sizes as for what ever reason the flavor coming out of the 5ml tank seems to separate more eliquid notes/flavors (synthetic tobaccos) than the 3.5 ml tank, which gives more of a concentrated taste, to me. I kinda wish people would have not discovered the Dvarw.... it would be easier to get another one...LOL

If you recall I was not happy with the Prime, which I hope to say goodbye to, soon... I hope. I believe it is the airpost/insert size that does not give me the type of vape the Dwarv does. When I saw the Taifun it was the first and immediate thing that drew my attention to it, the airhole sizes and adjustment. I saw that EVL vapors released more restricted decks. Too late for now since I just ordered the Taifun.

Last edited:

MKID

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Southern CAL
Sadly as a Taifun fan the new GTR is an instant pass for me. There is simply not enough stainless to justify that inflated price. In fact it's about 19 Euro's more than the GT III cost at release. Plastic tank rather than glass and the deck redesign does nothing for me.

I do like the fact it's more compact and has a reasonable 4ml capacity. Plus the airflow now caters directly to MTL vapers and you won't have to buy an extra airflow reducer like was the case with the GT III. I expect it will certainly vape as well as all previous Taifuns.

It will be my first Taifun so I will give it a fair shot. I prefer glass myself but Taifun claims that their new plastic is better than Ultem, will see. I normally vape tobaccos so do not see any harm happening to the tank. Being a Svoemesto fan, I felt the same way about the new Kayfun. No issues with the price or build, it just reminded me of the Prime's air post, which I do not like the type of draw I get out of it. I just hope the GTR delivers.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
It will be my first Taifun so I will give it a fair shot. I prefer glass myself but Taifun claims that their new plastic is better than Ultem, will see. I normally vape tobaccos so do not see any harm happening to the tank. Being a Svoemesto fan, I felt the same way about the new Kayfun. No issues with the price or build, it just reminded me of the Prime's air post, which I do not like the type of draw I get out of it. I just hope the GTR delivers.

Oh I wasn't trying to put you off, not at all. I was simply making a general comment not aimed at you regarding how I felt about the GTR having looked at it. If you've never had a Taifun before I am certain you will love it, especially for tobacco vapes. The GT III is consistently one of my absolute favourites.

I also had some issues with the Prime making some of my favourite tobacco juices taste somewhat odd but thankfully the NET Tobacco air nozzles Svoemesto released fixed that for me.

MKID

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Southern CAL
Oh I wasn't trying to put you off, not at all. I was simply making a general comment not aimed at you regarding how I felt about the GTR having looked at it. If you've never had a Taifun before I am certain you will love it, especially for tobacco vapes. The GT III is consistently one of my absolute favourites.

I also had some issues with the Prime making some of my favourite tobacco juices taste somewhat odd but thankfully the NET Tobacco air nozzles Svoemesto released fixed that for me.

No worries, I never took it in a bad way at all. I do apologize if It sounded that way. I tried the nozzles and they did up the flavor notes, but my issue is still with the draw. I prefer the K5 with the 1.2 insert to the Prime, the draw is just better for me.

It just seems that there are some similarities between the gtr and what I like that I did not think much about it, and bought it. I normally wait to hear the drawbacks on first releases, this time, I just did not... Lol

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
No worries, I never took it in a bad way at all. I do apologize if It sounded that way. I tried the nozzles and they did up the flavor notes, but my issue is still with the draw. I prefer the K5 with the 1.2 insert to the Prime, the draw is just better for me.

It just seems that there are some similarities between the gtr and what I like that I did not think much about it, and bought it. I normally wait to hear the drawbacks on first releases, this time, I just did not... Lol

No you didn't sound that way at all so no worries. I actually did the same thing with the GT III and only bought it after watching one German YouTube review, but I loved it. One thing I do advise if you love the GTR is to get lots of spares. Smokerstore have a really bad habit of discontinuing aftermarket parts unlike Svoemesto who offer them for at least the last 2-3 tanks they released.

Your earlier comment about the Dvarw intrigued me but I will discuss that in the appropriate thread some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

MKID

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Southern CAL
No you didn't sound that way at all so no worries. I actually did the same thing with the GT III and only bought it after watching one German YouTube review, but I loved it. One thing I do advise if you love the GTR is to get lots of spares. Smokerstore have a really bad habit of discontinuing aftermarket parts unlike Svoemesto who offer them for at least the last 2-3 tanks they released.

Your earlier comment about the Dvarw intrigued me because while I don't have the authentic and cannot for good reason comment on the clone here it did make me want to experiment this afternoon. I found I also got better flavour with the 5ml tank when using tobacco juice. That is rather odd, since reducing the chimney length often produces better flavour but when using the 3.5ml tank the flavour is a lot more muted. Kind of weird really.

There is the Dvarw thread for more dvarw talk. Thanks for the heads up on the spares!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
@vapdivrr
I will let you know what I think as soon as I get it and try it out.

I am still loving with my Dvarw MTL with the 1.2 AFC insert. I normally do 6 wraps 2.5mm 28ga kanthal for wattage, same wraps for 28ga stainless in temp using dicodes.

I am experimenting with the Dvarw's tank sizes as for what ever reason the flavor coming out of the 5ml tank seems to separate more eliquid notes/flavors (synthetic tobaccos) than the 3.5 ml tank, which gives more of a concentrated taste, to me. I kinda wish people would have not discovered the Dvarw.... it would be easier to get another one...LOL

If you recall I was not happy with the Prime, which I hope to say goodbye to, soon... I hope. I believe it is the airpost/insert size that does not give me the type of vape the Dwarv does. When I saw the Taifun it was the first and immediate thing that drew my attention to it, the airhole sizes and adjustment. I saw that EVL vapors released more restricted decks. Too late for now since I just ordered the Taifun.
I only have the 3.5 and 2mm darvws, so cannot comment on the 5mm. My 2 and 3.5 seem the same, but it seems all my tanks seem almost the same, perhaps I cannot detect these differences because taste buds arent in tuned... I agree on the prime, it is a great tank but there was something about the af tube nozzle that slightly muted a certain juice I vape....thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: MKID

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Since we're talking high end I guess I might as well show some off some of my tanks.

ExpensiveRTAS_01.jpg

From left to right. Evl Reaper V3 (using that at present which is why it still has juice in it. Taifun GT III, Kayfun Prime, GP Heron 1.5.

ExpensiveRTAS_02j.jpg

GP Spheroid V4, Eden Mods Rose3, Kayfun 5, Kayfun Lite V2 Plus.

ExpensiveRTAS_023.jpg

Golden Greek Tilemahos V2 Plus, Stattqualm Squape RS, Gus Mods Phenomenon Lite, Titanium Mods Ukraine Prometey III.

Also I have a Rose V2 and two Heron V2's currently being cleaned.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
My Prime's bring the flavor in spades for the types of juice I prefer.

Looking at getting the Prime nozzle kit so I can see for myself how they may change flavor.

I gave my K5 (+ accessories/parts) to my brother, in trade, as the K5 fit his vape style. Open and airy. We switch gear between us in order to try different RTA/RDA atty's + mods. Works out nicely. He is into the facebook groups and acquires some nice HQ gear that I eventually get try lol.

Funny, recently he brought over an EVM by Estoque Mods. Very, very nice kit. At first he did not want me touching it cause he knows me all too well. In that I would want to keep it.

He and many others here finally got me into squonk-land. My new kit...
IMG_0640 fix + cr SM.jpg

The Atmizzo Creek brings big bold flavor. For flavor it put my NarDA to shame. I like mine so much that I have another on its way. Atmizzo is a company out of Greece that I think kind of flies under the radar. They have excellent reviews for the Creek and the Keras RTA. The Keras RTA can also take drop in coils ---> Aspire Atlantis/Triton or Vaporesso Target cCell factory coils.
Keras...
KERAS-NANO-SS-IM-PLEXI-PAIRED-WITH-SS-M-PYREX-e1490952166810.jpg

Nice thing about Atmizzo is they seem to always have gear in-stock unlike Svoemesto where we play the waiting game. Although batch 2 of the nKFL will be released very soon. Mine, like others here, has been on back order since their release. :facepalm: Patience.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My Prime's bring the flavor in spades for the types of juice I prefer.

Looking at getting the Prime nozzle kit so I can see for myself how they may change flavor.

I gave my K5 (+ accessories/parts) to my brother, in trade, as the K5 fit his vape style. Open and airy. We switch gear between us in order to try different RTA/RDA atty's + mods. Works out nicely. He is into the facebook groups and acquires some nice HQ gear that I eventually get try lol.

Funny, recently he brought over an EVM by Estoque Mods. Very, very nice kit. At first he did not want me touching it cause he knows me all too well. In that I would want to keep it.

He and many others here finally got me into squonk-land. My new kit...
View attachment 819651
The Atmizzo Creek brings big bold flavor. For flavor it put my NarDA to shame. I like mine so much that I have another on its way. Atmizzo is a company out of Greece that I think kind of flies under the radar. They have excellent reviews for the Creek and the Keras RTA. The Keras RTA can also take drop in coils ---> Aspire Atlantis/Triton or Vaporesso Target cCell factory coils.
Keras...
View attachment 819657
Nice thing about Atmizzo is they seem to always have gear in-stock unlike Svoemesto where we play the waiting game. Although batch 2 of the nKFL will be released very soon. Mine, like others here, has been on back order since their release. :facepalm: Patience.
Atmizo makes some nice stuff. One of my first mechs was a dingo, which was close to the roller, but smaller. I really enjoyed the switches on their mechs, unlike any other, but it required maintenance.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Since we're talking high end I guess I might as well show some off some of my tanks.

View attachment 819639

From left to right. Evl Reaper V3 (using that at present which is why it still has juice in it. Taifun GT III, Kayfun Prime, GP Heron 1.5.

View attachment 819641

GP Spheroid V4, Eden Mods Rose3, Kayfun 5, Kayfun Lite V2 Plus.

View attachment 819643

Golden Greek Tilemahos V2 Plus, Stattqualm Squape RS, Gus Mods Phenomenon Lite, Titanium Mods Ukraine Prometey III.

Also I have a Rose V2 and two Heron V2's currently being cleaned.
Very nice collection!! I have or have had 7 of the 12 you have pictured thru the years.....some perhaps I should of kept

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Very nice collection!! I have or have had 7 of the 12 you have pictured thru the years.....some perhaps I should of kept

Thank you. :) I've actually thought about selling 3 of those but I'm a terrible hoarder and sometimes I get a particular juice and wonder what it would be like in one of those tanks so for a while it may end up in circulation again.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Your earlier comment about the Dvarw intrigued me but I will discuss that in the appropriate thread some time.

which Taifun did he get? The 4 is DL, full on from what I heard, nothing like the GT3 at all..

Am I missing a newer release?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Thank you. :) I've actually thought about selling 3 of those but I'm a terrible hoarder and sometimes I get a particular juice and wonder what it would be like in one of those tanks so for a while it may end up in circulation again.
Well if you ever are thinking of getting rid of a heron, phenomenon, or the prometey, let me know

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Well if you ever are thinking of getting rid of a heron, phenomenon, or the prometey, let me know

I simply couldn't part with the Phenomenon or Prometey. The first I find exceptional for fruit flavours and also a apple tobacco I enjoy is outstanding in it. The Prometey is also too good with apricot e-juice and tobaccos. A Heron V2 is a possibility. I will have a look and will certainly let you know buddy.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread