Hit it or Quit it - Butterscotch Pudding (SR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
Steep time: 3 weeks

Nic Level: 12

tank/Atomizer: KFL+

Build Information: 1.7 ohms single

mod: (mechanical, VV) ProVari @ 4.1V

Thoughts/Tasting Notes: It took this one a while to hit the sweet spot for me. I've been dripping a little every few days and it was just meh... But now it has finally come to life! Vaped it last night with Makers Mark bourbon and the sweetness of the BSP melded perfectly with the MM. My wife also made a caramel pudding pie last night and the BSP was not overpowered by that either. This morning I'm vaping the BSP with Cinnabon flavored coffee and it is match made in heaven. It is worth the wait!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Steep time: 3 weeks

Tank/Atomizer: KFL+

Build Information: 1.7 ohms single

Mod: (mechanical, VV) ProVari @ 4.1V

Thoughts/Tasting Notes: It took this one a while to hit the sweet spot for me. I've been dripping a little every few days and it was just meh... But now it has finally come to life! Vaped it last night with Makers Mark bourbon and the sweetness of the BSP melded perfectly with the MM. My wife also made a caramel pudding pie last night and the BSP was not overpowered by that either. This morning I'm vaping the BSP with Cinnabon flavored coffee and it is match made in heaven. It is worth the wait!

Cotton wick? I need to put this in the Kayfun and take it for a drive.

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
Steep time: 2 weeks

Tank/Atomizer: Origen v2

Build Information: 1.2 single coil

Mod: ProVari @ 3.4 -3.6 Volts

The 50ml bottle is empty. So I think that tells the story. A good vape, an easy vape. Lick your lips kinda juice. Not as sweet as I thought it was going to be and that's a good thing. But yes, it was nice and rich. Loved the creamy exhale. It struggled at times keeping up with the cotton wick. But maybe it was me chain vaping it. Easily an ADV. This one was a hit.

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
Steep time: 2 weeks

Tank/Atomizer: Origen v2

Build Information: 1.2 single coil

Mod: ProVari @ 3.4 -3.6 Volts

The 50ml bottle is empty. So I think that tells the story. A good vape, an easy vape. Lick your lips kinda juice. Not as sweet as I thought it was going to be and that's a good thing. But yes, it was nice and rich. Loved the creamy exhale. It struggled at times keeping up with the cotton wick. But maybe it was me chain vaping it. Easily an ADV. This one was a hit.
You running that coil horizontal or vertical? Just got the v2 a couple weeks ago. First ran a 1.2 ohm vertical single coil, kjd cotton. Flavor was real good and no problem with cotton keeping up. Today I built a twisted .6 ohm duel vertical coil, kjd cotton and WHEW kicks my ....! Might have to go back to the single coil. Love that deep juice well.

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
You running that coil horizontal or vertical? Just got the v2 a couple weeks ago. First ran a 1.2 ohm vertical single coil, kjd cotton. Flavor was real good and no problem with cotton keeping up. Today I built a twisted .6 ohm duel vertical coil, kjd cotton and WHEW kicks my ....! Might have to go back to the single coil. Love that deep juice well.
vertical build on mine. and yes, I've tried some high watts and the juice takes it in stride but it gets a little sweeter for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy
I hope it comes around for your carbon!! you are in the right "range" imho with the resistance. VV or Mech?

Variable DNA device.
either side of 12w, depending on freshness of coil/wick.
Bottle looks darker now, I'll try it again shortly.

Tried your Wakonda, interesting concoction. Subtle, sophisticated, a nice morning blend.
Mix up something that tastes like a Padron 26 & Ill buy a 50 gallon drum of it.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Variable DNA device.
either side of 12w, depending on freshness of coil/wick.
Bottle looks darker now, I'll try it again shortly.

Tried your Wakonda, interesting concoction. Subtle, sophisticated, a nice morning blend.
Mix up something that tastes like a Padron 26 & Ill buy a 50 gallon drum of it.

Padron? Coming right uP!~

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Terrific, I'll save hundreds of dollars yearly.
Cigarettes were easy to give up once I found good tasting juice.
Cigars ... they're the fifth food group.

I think you are going to be very, very pleased with what I have coming down the pipeline :)

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
Sadly time to ration this one, really got even better with age, any chance of this s/r returning in the next 6 months?

Good lord I hope it doesn't take six months. I've been craving a good butterscotch for months now. When I made my first NT order it was available, but not in 18mg, what I vaped at the time.

Now I vape 12 and I'm soooooooo mad I didn't order when I had the chance. :mad:

emily n portland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
portland, OR, USA
So I never reviewed BSP b/c I couldn't bring myself to say what I really thought of it. But here goes (sorry it turned out quite long)…

I love Butterscotch, and have tried many bs vapes and always found them alcoholy and utterly disappointing. So when NT released Butterscotch Pudding I was so excited, I ordered the 100ml sample size in 6mg.

5/15 FOOB, dripped on something on organic cotton
Impressions - First hit, I thought this was the worst thing I have ever vaped (and that's saying something...it took me 6mos to find NT, soooo). There is no polite way to say this, there was something in it that reminded me of vomit, not really tastes like, but reminiscent of. After a few mins, I took a second drag because I really couldn't believe it was that bad -- it was.

I was scared of it, and didn't touch it again for a couple weeks, but you all loved it, so I thought I must be wrong and tried it again. It was only slightly less revolting, no real sense of the taste other than terrible, and I think I got through 4-5 drags dripped on organic cotton.

It took me a couple more weeks to be willing to try it again, dripped on organic cotton. It was again just slightly less revolting, alcoholy, weak watery candy butterscotch, and it kind of tasted like those first few hits on cotton, times about 1 million. Hmmm….maybe there’s something about the fresh cotton compounding something I don’t like in it. So I tried it on drippers dirty from CLS…It would taste ok for a few drags, but when the CLS wore off. Back to horrid, weak and watery butterscotch, alcohol, and some unidentifiable but kind of like fresh cotton taste.

It sat ignored (but shaken every once in awhile, of course), until last week. I decided I was just going to vape though it maybe it needs to break in the cotton, and loaded up a full protank, 2Ω, ran from 7-10 watts over a couple days. Slightly better, but still one of the worst butterscotches I’ve had – weak, watery, alcohol, some unidentifiable taste in the background I did not like one bit.

I decided to give it one more shot today before putting my 97mls up for trade.

Steeped almost 2mos now, ProTank 2Ω, VaporShark – 7.5-8.5w (which is pretty low for me), RAYON WICK

What the...This juice is delicious and I can’t put it down! Smooth, rich, butterscotch creamy caramel, somewhere in between worther's and those little butterscotch morsels like choc chips, but much less sweet. Creamy but I don’t think of pudding, some more refined and complex dessert. There is a little reminiscent of good alcohol taste in the background every now and again, but it is not at all unpleasant, and pairs, without being overwhelmed by, quite nicely with my IPA this evening.

I’m not sure if it was the cotton that somehow made it horrid to me, or this last week of steeping that did the trick…but it’s certainly not going up for trade, or on cotton ever again.

:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread