How Long Did It Take for You to Quit Smokin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighEnergyProton

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Germany
I had my last cigarette while charging my battery for the first time, haven't had a craving since. I love the smell of rolling tobacco and bury my face into mates' bag of rolling tobacco, but don't have any desire for the taste. A few days ago I had a cigarette with a mate over a beer, couldn't get past the 2nd drag.

Vaping has been a successful transition for me, and now on the hunt for the flavours. The endless FLAVOURS!!

ewilson

Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Tennessee
I smoked 1+ pack a day for 10 years. Purchased my little ego setup November 21, and started to cut down on the cigs over the next couple weeks. When I opened my new MVP2 on December 8, I finally felt like I was done with smoking and haven't had one since. I have only had one fleeting "craving" one day while I was sitting in traffic, just out of habit... had a couple very stressful moments since I've quit but haven't even thought about smoking an analog once. What a great feeling!

floridaBMW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
S. Florida
It took me a bit and fell off the wagon due to faulty equipment. Wasn't ecig's fault, I kinda lost interest. I tried again later with Vivi Novas and better battery mods and not Provari better and it caught this time. I didn't actually give up my morning cig and coffee right away. Finally totally quit and am proud of myself.

I tell people it's a way to consciously cut back and hopefully quit altogether. So many like us have tried and failed to quit in the past and think even "ecig's" won't work. It made a believer out of me. I allow people to vape within my office and I have 4 staffers whom do so with the non vapers consent. I'm working on my mom whom still smokes even after having close to 20% of her left lung removed. I don't want that for me or anymore of my friends and loved ones. It's incredibly scary what happens and hopefully we can pif and get everyone off analogs.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HighEnergyProton

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Germany
I smoked 1+ pack a day for 10 years. Purchased my little ego setup November 21, and started to cut down on the cigs over the next couple weeks. When I opened my new MVP2 on December 8, I finally felt like I was done with smoking and haven't had one since. I have only had one fleeting "craving" one day while I was sitting in traffic, just out of habit... had a couple very stressful moments since I've quit but haven't even thought about smoking an analog once. What a great feeling!

In the beginning mornings were hard for me, I used to roll while the kettle boiled for the first time of the day. But I just went at it on my PV until the craving went away. I think it was more of a ritual craving than a cigarette craving.

STiZzle2010

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Rhode Island, USA
I quit the day my PV came in the mail with zero urge to smoke! I had been smoking a PAD for over 13 years and had tried every method possible to quit and was unsuccessful each time. Vaping has been the ONLY way I have been able to quit smoking and I couldn't be happier! I truly believe the proper set up will yield the results.

ILikeBigPuffs

Jan 23, 2014
AZ, USA
It was 18 years of smoking for me, 1.5 PAD. I tried all of the other methods to quit but nothing worked for me. I tried a few of the cig-alikes from the gas station, but didn't like the taste. Finally I found a good B&M with a huge selection of flavors relatively close by, and thought to give it a try again. I bought a few yummy flavors and 5.5 weeks later I'm still smoke-free! It also helps that I like to tinker, so this new "hobby" is perfect for me!

MrsPressley

Jan 24, 2014
United States
I quit the day I got my EVOD and haven't thought about smoking a cigarette since. I don't even want to smoke and I don't having cravings. I am crazy about vaping - my clothes/ hair/ house doesn't smell, my teeth are pearly white, no burn holes in my bedding/ clothes, no more ashtrays, no more ashes or spilled ashes in the floor. I get to choose so many flavors and try different things to see what works for me. I wouldn't go back to smoking for a second I am so glad I made the change.

jwoode

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
East Coast
I told the kid in the E-cig store that I doubted that I could quit.
40 years.. 2 packs a day.. yeah right.. I'll quit.

But he gave me the best advice I ever heard and it's working for me.

"Don't try to quit smoking.. just add a new habit.. Vaping"

So I vaped hard for about a week.. and smoked. I almost didn't notice when I didn't light that last smoke.

Granted.. I take my ego to the bathroom with me.. and I carry a backup even when I take the trash out.
But I should have smoked a carton by now that I didn't miss.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I quit the day I got my EVOD and haven't thought about smoking a cigarette since. I don't even want to smoke and I don't having cravings. I am crazy about vaping - my clothes/ hair/ house doesn't smell, my teeth are pearly white, no burn holes in my bedding/ clothes, no more ashtrays, no more ashes or spilled ashes in the floor. I get to choose so many flavors and try different things to see what works for me. I wouldn't go back to smoking for a second I am so glad I made the change.

I'm happy for ya:)

HighEnergyProton

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Germany
Having a battery die on you while far away from a charger or a spare is a scary situation to be in. Two batteries and an extra full tank about your person are key. I find that the Evod tanks doesn't leak at all and I always have a full one in my backpack or pocket, even a few bottles of liquid at times. It takes a while to get into the groove, but once there you won't be put into a situation where an analog seems like a good idea.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I smoked 43 years. The last 15 or so years at 2 to 2.5 PAD. I decided to try the e-cig on a whim (and a hope it might help me quit, since I'd tried pretty much everything available with "normal channels" only to fail). I ordered a cig-a-like kit that had good reviews. Waited a few days for it to arrive, puffing mightily away on my cigs the whole time. When the package did arrive, I immediately tried it. Thought "Yeah. I could get used to this. This might work! ." And it did. I'd knocked the ash off a cigarette when the package arrived. I never lit it again. Still have it, actually. Along with 7 unopened packs of cigarettes in my freezer. Still untouched since 2011.

That was two years and 4 months ago. Oh...and I vape menthol. I think it might be easier.

I've moved on and tried all sort of equipment since then, of course. But now I've found my "niche" and am settled in and VERY happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread