How Long Do You Plan On Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joegti240

Moved On
Jan 5, 2011
Long Island, NY
Im assuming near 100% of people here were once analog cigarette smokers, doubt many are here because they just picked up a PV one day and decided to get themselves addicted to Nicotine...

Question is, how long do you intend on vaping for? Is this just something to get you to totally forget about cigarettes and be done with it all one day? Or is it now a hobby you never intend on quitting?

For me, im shooting for before this calendar year is out to be completely free of nicotine with no pg/vg filling my lungs. vaping is great and im a firm believer in its powers to kick the nasty other habit, as a long term solution though i cant say its something im really interested in.

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
No concerns that the alternative smoke might also be doing damage? Take a look at your tongue after a heavy vaping session.

alternative smoke? its water vapor and i high doubt its doing much if any damage at all. there is no smoke.... nonewhatsoever. i dont think their is any more harm to it than caffeine. its getting me off of a cancerous habit and for me thats good enough. i dont need to get off of something that i enjoy if its not going to kill me. the reason i had to get off of cigarettes is because they are poisonous

joegti240

Moved On
Jan 5, 2011
Long Island, NY
Its more than simply 'water vapor'....there is nicotine (which is a drug) and unknown 'flavorings' and depending on who you buy from 'additives' in it. Do you know for a fact that the 'water vapor' isnt going to give you some other sort of sickness in 10 years? You do not.

Still think the best (and safest) way to quit the butts is cold turkey.

I guess for the older folks here who smoked analogs for the last 40 years and are now reaching their golden years, whatever harm vaping might do really wont matter. Im 32 and analog free...it would be a shame to end up with something in 10 years because of that 'water vapor' i was smoking to quit cigarettes.

Was this phantom of the opera thing an actual study? If so, id love to read it.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I didn't plan on quitting smoking cigarettes when I first started vaping, but I luckily stopped from day one. I have cut down on my nic level to 0nic for most of the time and occasionally vaping a low nic level.

I don't vape as often as I did before, and I can do without for a while, all unplanned. To answer your question, I don't know. I am sure it will happen when it happens, I just take it day by day.

LGD

ymgie

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Utica NY
The only long term study i know of that can be trusted is " all human beings are going to die at some point in their lives "lol .
We are surrounded by plastics, microwave frequencies, solar radiation, power line radiation, a potpourri of drugs in our water supply ...
All you can do is enjoy the experience of life ....Just sayin'

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I have no plans to quit vaping. After 25 years hearing (and knowing) how bad cigarettes are for me and I need to quit I did quit. Even before I knew about the e-cig alternative I had made up my mind I would quit. I did not WANT to quit, it made me really mad that I was giving up something that I loved to do, and could afford to do. I had commit discs and I was going to quit. Then I started looking at e-cigs online. I ordered, finished my last pack of smokes and started vaping.
I know vaping is not as healthy as not vaping.
But, for now and for as long as it satisfies me I WILL vape.
My Dad never smoked, had colon cancer.
My Mom never smoked, had breast cancer and now has terminal liver cancer and three months to live.
Give up vaping? If I can get through my Mom's death and stay away from cigarettes I will not be thinking of quitting anytime soon.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
I have vaped some very dark juice and other than that they seem to clog up my coils quicker than lighter juices do, I dont have a problem with them and they dont stain my tongue at all. As a side note, I do not, nor have I ever enjoyed drinking water, and I have not increased my water intake since starting vaping either. Still no tongue issues. I'm sorry you are having issues with brown tongue, but to blanket statement that this will happen to everyone or even most is extreme when it plainly isnt the case as I have not often seen on this site any issues with brown tongue.

Yes, there was a couple of research studies done, and these were posted in a thread here about long term effects of PG vapor environments, where monkeys were subjected to exponentially far more vapor than a vaper would ever experience and there were no ill affects noted. Quite to the contrary, there seemed to be health benefits associated with it. But everyone is different and you may have some bizarre allergy to it or something. Who knows? But if it were the juice itself, far more people would be experiencing what you are, and they just arent.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I've never really looked at my tongue while I'm vaping, so I wouldn't notice if it had turned brown or not. I would assume that it hasn't because no one has ever said anything to me about it, and I vape openly at work. I've vaped Cafe Mocha and Kahlua from VaporBomb, as well as many dark colored juices from Gourmet Vapor and some that I've made myself. I'm not saying that this isn't happening to you, just saying that it isn't anything I've noticed myself. I have noticed that it sometimes gums up my atties a little more, but it hasn't damaged them and made them less functional.

I don't plan on quitting vaping right now. I also didn't plan on quitting smoking when I started vaping, but that's what happened. I have decreased my nic level from 24mg to 18mg and this is working well for me right now.

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
IF you look around you can find studies going back to the 1940's on inhaled PG. Studies that were done over years not a few months. There have been studies done by the medical field, the military and OSHA. I did a ton of research when I was looking at switching to vaping because I knew I was going to have to explain it to friends and family and wanted as much ammo as possible. Unfortunately all of my bookmarks went bye bye when my computer died. I know the cassa site has a lot of them. OSHA did a study after concerns raised by roadies, musicians, etc. and found no problems other than some people having minor throat irritation. The military found that vaporised PG is a great air and surface cleaner with no ill effects, but went with a cheaper method using lights. It's used in hospitals to clean the air and in large scale food prep areas to clean the air and surfaces. PG is the liquid that they suspend the medication in for inhalation for people who have had lung transplants and for asthma treatments.

I haven't managed to find any studies on inhaling the slight amount of flavoring in the Liquid, but common sense tells me that since there are no cases of "candy lung" reported by candy makers who stand over pots of steaming (vaporized) flavors I don't really need to worry about that. If Candy Makers were falling ill there would be as much media notice as there is about black lung and exposure to asbestos.

That only leaves Nicotine, and there are many studies on that as well.

On a personal level, I have taken care of my kids when they had colds without catching things from them since I started vaping. I never managed that before. I have gone through 2 winters without bronchitis, which I had at least 3 times a year before. I think that inhaling PG is actually helping me stave off colds that are going around. There is one study of a researcher that pumped rat cages full of vaporized PG and then exposed the rats to the flu virus. He also exposed rats that had not had the PG. The rats without PG died, and the one's that had been inhaling the PG didn't get sick.

I'll keep looking for the links to all the research that I found, maybe I can get hubby to hook up my old hard drive so I can get the bookmarks from it. It's frustrating not to be able to find that information.

MrSmith99

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Earth
I plan on working my way down to 0mg by years end. I will then taper off Ecigs until it is just a once a week thing, then perhaps not at all. Who knows. I will keep all my gear because you never know when high stress may temp you to light-up. I'd much rather vape than smoke.

I tried cutting down vaping by limiting it to the last half of every hour. That didn't work so well. So I'm going to take the traditional path of cutting down to 0mg. However, I'm getting a Reo Grand. Perhaps a step in the wrong direction (vaping more) but I think it will help in the long run by freeing my time from fiddling with all this crap.

yorkiegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
Tennessee
Well I know that one day I would like to quit vaping. I really enjoy vaping and have a lot of stressful issues going on in my life right now so I can't say I'll stop anytime soon. Who knows I might not give it up completely but I will eventually get to 0nic. I vape 12mg mostly but I also have some 6mg that I vape so I'm moving in the right direction as far as the nic goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread