How Long Do You Plan On Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably if/when I successfully get free of cigarettes totally, I would still vape as an evening thing, like having a glass of wine after work or after dinner.

As far as health concerns, I'm no expert by any means but I expect that the potential health issues with vaping are Much lower then with tobacco smoking by an order of magnitude. Inhaling steam is bringing heat to your throat, nasal passages, and bronchial tissues and you probably don't want to be real hot and doing it all day but otherwise I don't see any hazard.

As for the nicotine and flavours of juices, I doubt it is especially dangerous, though you can argue that hey, inhaling any foreign substance is probably not all that healthy. In any event, it is most certainly safer than smoking cigarettes.

crk0756

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hill Country, Texas
I quit the analogs the day I picked up my cheapie gas station e-cig. Several mods later both purchased and built, I have come to the realization that I will not quit vaping. I have been doing one form of nicotine or another since I was nine, and this is the healthiest thing that I have ever done for myself. No worries about lung cancer from the garbage in the analogs, and definantly no loss of check, gum, teeth or lips from the "smokeless" or "chew". After all, nicotine is found in everyday foods naturally, and all the other "additives" in the analogs and "smokeless" are man made or naturally not found in foods, some are even used as poisons for pests.... I use natural or organic juices exclusivley due to allergies so I feel it is the same as if I picked it and ate it with/for my meal or snack..... so I say "Vape On".......

MRobs23

Apr 26, 2011
Long Island, NY
I plan to step down to 0 nic eventually. If I stop after that, cool. If not, cool.

I'm fairly sure there are some health related negatives to vaping. However, I'm also fairly sure they are very minor. I bet the stress caused by the 4 hours of traffic I sit in every day (GRRRRRR!) is worse.

I'll probably only stop if our friendly elected servants start taxing the crap out of it like cigs :)

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
Started vapeing in Jan of this year to get rid of a 45+ yr. nasty habit. Shortly after I brgan vapeing I decided to learn to DIY so I could slowly reduce the mg. Six days ago I went nic free by accident. I was at 6mg per ml when I ordered a 0mg 30ml bottle of one of my favorite (Jr. Mint Daddy) eliquids so I could continue to step down my mg in increments of 1 mg. It had been a long time since I had vaped that flavor because in the last 3 months I also developed a sensitivity to PG. All my mixes are in VG now and just out of curiosity I contacted NICVAPE to see if he would mix me a batch of 0mg in VG. WOO HOO he said yes. Ordered/Arrived and I tear open the package and can't wait so I fill a cartridge and am in vape heaven. Before I realized it I had vaped 6 days with no nic! No nic withdrawals so I am a very happy lady.
I'll never be able to quit smoking..........I did
I'll never learn how to DIY..................I did
I'll never be able to go zero nic...........I did
I'll never be able to quit vapeing..........???? I'll get back to you on that one.

36tinybells

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
Right Over Here
I didn't plan to quit smoking. Just happy I did. Smoking was a pain, vaping is easy. Smoking can cause cancer(and I hate cancer more than you want to hear), vaping does not. Smoking made me feel angry with Big T, I like my vaping suppliers (including me, cuz I diy some!). Smoking stunk, vaping smells really good.
I have no plans to quit vaping. At some point I may lower the nic level, maybe not. For now, I vape and enjoy. No plans-just happy. The world is a mess:
Let's all just relax, vape and be happy for a while!

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
I'm not sure I want to quit vaping. I'm also not so sure I ever want to go to 0mg either.

In recent years they have been looking at nicotine in a different way. Like many plant products, it has medicinal uses - or at least they think it might. There are a number of uses for it being researched my the pharmaceutical companies. But my reasoning for not quitting or 0-ing out are not so I can reap the benefits of possible future drugs that I hopefully won't need.

I have my own theory on cigarette addiction. I've quit enough times to know, it's very easy to fall back into it, and all it takes is the right trigger event. Is this an addiction like alcoholism? Think about it - when is an alcoholic considered "completely cured"? They aren't. They have to avoid it for life. Maybe smokers (or at least some) are the same. Different addictions can be different among a group of people, why should this one be any different?

My solution, as I see things right now will be to decrease the levels of nicotine gradually, and hopefully get down to a very low level - but since my system has acquired a taste for it, I think I will refrain from completely removing it. It's a theory, and it will probably never be studied or proven/dis-proven. But I really don't care. That I will relapse if things get bad enough is something that is hardly a theory. It has happened in every single 'quit attempt' up until now. So I intend to make it different this time. I feel there is nothing to lose by trying it. It might just work.

So when will I stop vaping? When the squiggly green line goes flat and stays that way.

Spills

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
New York
Its been about a year and a half since I put the cigs down for good and moved onto vaping. Since that time I can't even begin to explain how much healthier I feel overall. It honestly feels like when I didnt smoke at all. The only side effect is once in a while I get the dry throat...thats it!

I feel healthy, I have more energy.

I know enough to say they arent completely safe even if a study says it is. We are all human and so make error even in the most scrutenized testing. I go by how I feel and that is good enough for me. On cigs I always felt tired, hacked often, and generally felt "poisened"!

Not the case with vaping. Havent skipped a beat and feel healthier as I recover from the 16+ yrs of smoking.

So I guess I dont plan on quitting unless they just get to pricey down the line. Either way I will never go back to smoking as sure as I know I will never stick a hot poker up my waazoo! :)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
As far as health concerns, I'm no expert by any means but I expect that the potential health issues with vaping are Much lower then with tobacco smoking by an order of magnitude. Inhaling steam is bringing heat to your throat, nasal passages, and bronchial tissues and you probably don't want to be real hot and doing it all day but otherwise I don't see any hazard.

With most devices though the vapor you get isn't very warm. Maybe with a VV or HV device it gets nice and warm, but even then it's not that bad. However, the chemicals in cigarettes is what destroys the cilia in the lungs, reducing lung function and the efficiency with which your body can clean the crap out. As far as I know vaping does no such thing.

1016415As for the nicotine and flavours of juices, I doubt it is especially dangerous, though you can argue that hey, inhaling any foreign substance is probably not all that healthy. In any event, it is most certainly safer than smoking cigarettes.[/QUOTE]

Just about everything is bad for you if you do enough of it. But we inhale food every day; cooking releases oils, fats, and in many cases even carcinogens into the air (anyone remember the FUD scare a number of years back about how barbecues release OMG DEADLY CARCINOGENS?) which we breathe. Essentially you breathe everything you cook (or anyone else cooks that you can smell) to one degree or another. Vaping flavours to me is probably not much more harmful than simply breathing the stuff that's in the air already.

Mmmm. Aerosolized steak.

I have my own theory on cigarette addiction. I've quit enough times to know, it's very easy to fall back into it, and all it takes is the right trigger event. Is this an addiction like alcoholism? Think about it - when is an alcoholic considered "completely cured"? They aren't. They have to avoid it for life. Maybe smokers (or at least some) are the same. Different addictions can be different among a group of people, why should this one be any different?

I'm quite certain that it is the same way. The physical addiction to nicotine and the associated MAOIs is irrelevant. It's gone in about a week. But like alcoholics we have all manner of triggers that make us desire a cigarette because we've associated so many things with smoking, be they pleasurable or stressful. Since we've already associated cigarette smoke with pleasure (the psychotropic addiction of cigarettes), by extension we associate things we like to do or wish to be relieved from with pleasure and therefore cigarettes.

Smoking is a social activity, a security blanket, and a stress reliever. All the bad crap in cigarettes is just baggage that tags along for the ride. E-cigarettes massage those same parts of us that cigarettes did, but have no baggage compartments. That's why they work so well. They distill the experience of smoking down to just the most elemental, essential parts of smoking that we sought pleasure and solace from, then add a dash of flavour as icing on the cake. Perhaps literally -- I'm sure there must be a cake icing flavour out there. I know there's cake, and in the world of vaping, it is not a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread