How long does a SI prefilled carto last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha20

Oct 14, 2012
pennsylvannia
I am totally new to vaping just ordered my SI starter kit. I am trying to figure out how many cartos to purchase that would equal a pack of ciggarettes. SI website says that one carto equal 15-20 ciggs but then I read on the newbie ECF sticky that one carto only equal 5 to 7 ciggs. Can somone tell me what the real answer is?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Standpoint

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
South St. Paul, MN
For me, if I was to smoke a carto from full to empty, I would use 2 to 2.5 a day. I was a pack a day camel light smoker. I tend to vape non-stop though when I can.

The real trick, and hardest part, is that you don't want to vape a carto from full to empty. I highly recommend buying refill liquid, and topping it off with a few drops every 20 drags or so. The caarto will last a lot longer. I tend to be very picky of the flavor of my cartos, and throw them away as soon as the taste starts to change, which is well before the carto goes 'bad'. I find that a carto will last me 4-10 days using my method.

The CE3's work better on a 78 than a clearo, the clearo just looks kinda weird on one. Since you are a new vapor, I don't think I would buy the CE3's until you get the basics down, as they are harder to fill and can be more difficult to manage. However, they definitely give better flavor and more vapor once you get the hang of them.

Good luck, Volt is a GREAT way to start vaping.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I used to smoke 12-14 very long 120s a day, and when I replaced smoking with vaping, got by with 1 carto a day. But then I got into vaping a lot more than I smoked, so now I'm up to about 4 cartos a day. But I've lowered my nic strength way down since when I started. I think I'm more hooked on the flavors now.

I don't think you can go by number of packs with cartos. You just have to plan on a sampler or two (to find your flavor) and be ready to place another order very soon for refill liquid and more cartos/clearos/Nanos. Then after you know what to get, make sure you're always stocked up for a week or two's worth.

Last edited:

Sasha20

Oct 14, 2012
pennsylvannia
So I can by the liquid and top off the prefilled carto or do i need to get blank cartos to do that? Is the Nano easier to use than the CE3 for a newbie? or just stick with cartos for awile.

also I was wondering if you coudl purchase prefilled cartos from other vendors that fit with the volt if you want to try out other flavors etc. or do you have to stick with just SI prefilled cartos.

Basilor

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
So I can by the liquid and top off the prefilled carto or do i need to get blank cartos to do that? Is the Nano easier to use than the CE3 for a newbie? or just stick with cartos for awile.

also I was wondering if you coudl purchase prefilled cartos from other vendors that fit with the volt if you want to try out other flavors etc. or do you have to stick with just SI prefilled cartos.

Yes, the liquid will refill the carto, and is quite easy to do. Check out the videos in the stickies here to do a lot of things, they are very helpfull. The other nice thing about buying the liquid, you would use it no matter which device you use.

Don't be intimidated, cartos, CE3's and Nano's are all easy to use. The CE3 is a bit trickier since you have to fill them upside down and use a needle, but that isn't too difficult.

If you are like most of us though, you will quickly decide you need a X2 battery (I recommend at least 1 manual) and a clearomizer / T3 (incoming soon). To me, longest lasting, easiest filling, cleaning and has a great taste.

But don't get intimidated. It's easy to pop the mouth tip off a carto (paperclip if your nails can't pop it off) and drop a few drops of liquid in and you're good to go. Blank ones are good if you want to try new flavors.

Hope this helps, and welcome aboard!

Mark

Sasha20

Oct 14, 2012
pennsylvannia
How many times can you keep refilling the prefilled carto?

The X2 sounds better and I am sure I will be tryiing that in the near future. I just hope I like one of the flavors from the prefilled carto starter kit. If not I am in trouble because doesn't look like you can purchase prefilled cartos from another vendor for the SI volt.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Welcome Sasha,

IMHO as a newbie, it would probably be easiest for you to stick with Volt cartos and batteries until you get comfortable handling e-liquid. There's lots of videos online that show how to fill and clean them. You can move on to something else when you feel ready.

There is really no difference between the pre-filled and blank cartos, but you have to clean them well before changing flavors. A lot of people use a different carto for each flavor. I not sure how many times I refilled them, but it had to be 15 or 20 times. Refilling your own cartos is definately cheaper than always buying prefilled. Also, there's a lot more flavors to try.

Smoking cigarettes is easier, but this is so much better. When you have more questions about getting started, we love to try to help.

Good Luck!

J.R.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
Hi Shasha20,
I know what you mean... I'm new too. I've been using the starter kit with an extra 78mm battery for about 2 weeks now. My only experience is with the cartos. I read that some have gotten 20 refills. That's probably on the high side. I don't plan on running it down to empty tho. For my second shipment, I received 3 bottles of eliquid. I am using them to top off every time I switch batteries. It seems that 1 carto will last about 2 slim batteries, give or take. By topping off, I hope to avoid premature burn out.

I got the smooth sample pack, a pack of mint, and a pack of cappucino. For bottles I have, cappuccino, freedom and country. I can't say I love any of them, but they do the job for now. When I find my taste buds again, I will probably try the sample pack again, and move up to the little tanks / clearos. The cartos are easy enough to re-fill, a little messy at first getting used to it. I do wish I could see better when they are close to empty.

The x2 clearo is out of stock, and I think they are discontinuing in favor of the x2 T3. The x2 battery OTOH is my next HW investment. I promised myself I would not spend more on ecigs than I was on cigs, so I have to wait a few more weeks for any more purchases.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
SI cartos are among the best in the industry and will probably last in excess of 30 refills. SI was going to discontinue the clearomizer when the T3 comes out but has decided to keep the clearo, for how long is not known. My own prefernce is the CE3 followed by the clearo. I have 20 CE3s in use with three different flavors of liquids and they last me about five or six days before I need to refill. Filling a CE3 is not rocket science but does require a syringe which some people object to. In that case maybe give the Nano a try. Some folks have had good results from them and they can be filled just like a clearo. How long they might last is currently unkown since they are so new. An X2 with a clearo is nice and last quite a while, but is is kind of heavy and a lot bigger than a 78mm/carto/CE3/Nano, at least bigger in diameter and weight.

Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it, your results and mileage may vary, no warrantee or guarantee is expressed or implied.

Sasha20

Oct 14, 2012
pennsylvannia
I just hope I like one fo the SI flavors. I can't wait to get my starter kit...should be arriving today. I will post back with my impressions.

I think the X2 would be the next step for me also. Although I have been reading a lot about the variable voltage models being a much better vaping experience so I may step up to that eventually.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
My taste buds are still wandering all over the place after four plus months. Some days my favorite RY4 tastes like old socks and everything else is off, too. Then, the next day, everything is back to normal. Just something to work through and hopefully it'll all even out over time. I will say my sinuses have really cleared out which is a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread