Hump Day is now SUPER BLITZ DAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
Nice! Walts awesome, like that. He isn't making squat on these sales, but hes growing his brand like a boss! And if he hits a home run in a flavor it makes sense to give it as much exposure as possible. His dews are the best I've tried hands down. He does great shakes.. And great fruits. these sales just help showcase that.. And get people to try things they otherwise wouldn't. And that runs the chance that they will get infected (not to steal the term from another vendor) and become solid loyal customers. It's smart business, and when you see how loyal he is to his customers..it makes you want him to succeed.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Walt83

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
United States
Lucky! Still gonna order that baja if its on sale, probably even if it isn't. That stuff is legit! Definitely gonna order the extra flavor to compensate for the 10/90 PG VG I order for the dripper. Any suggestions on how much extra to get?

(Shhh It is a $1.99 flavor this weekend) :p

krisjay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2014
Maine
Well said, aws!

To the earlier comments about peppery flavors: I think nicotine content makes a huge difference on that front. I used to get a black pepper flavor with juices at 18mg but haven't noticed it now that I'm in the 9 mg - 12mg range.

I do 6mg nic, so I doubt it is the nicotine.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
I said it earlier. It is the shake flavoring. Not really peppery per se. But if you have had junk juice where the nic is more pronounced that is what it is like. I loaded up with shakes in June and all have this similarity across all flavors. I initially thought too much nic. I dropped to 6 from 12 and got some black raspberry shake. I thought omg I got 24mg or something. Then tried my new peach. Same thing. That is the way the shakes are. Not gross imo, but can be a little scary as it tastes similar to a super harsh nic hit. IMO I have never had a nic taste with KJ.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Well for me the shamrock shake was fine, I think it was the chocolate flavoring. Haven't really found one that truely hit for me. I also am using 6mg in my dripper, and I can drip 11 if I don't want to puff and drip a whole bunch.

I have never had a hard nic taste from KJ's juices. The best way to identify the nic is to vape unflavored base. IMO the nic is pretty darn tasteless as I have about 100 bottles and don't taste it, and never have. I know it is there as I get the "sweats" if I drip too much in a row. (12-6mg/mL) I have had some junk juice from the gas station or tobacco store where it is clearly present as a "peppery" taste just like that crappy tasting gum.

The mint overpowers the underlying shake flavor (to me atleast). I cut some Shamrock down by 40% by adding some VG and the mint is still clearly present. The chocolate is like eating a spoonful of hersheys. The peach is really fresh, but IMO the shake flavor is rather dominant. Same with the strawberry. I continued my shake testing with the Black Raspberry and again I thought holy geez what a nic taste, but though back to a few months ago about that same taste with the peach and strawberry and had a light bulb moment. It is not the nic, its the shakes themselves!

Now if you are having issues with chocolate that may be another issue altogether. I have found that KJ's chocolate flavored juices tend to funk coils really quickly and that may be a cause for an "off taste" that isn't related to the unfamiliarity to the characteristics of the shakes. I usually get about a tank and 1/2 before I need to dry burn the coil as it has crusted over a bit and tastes pretty foul. For me this is for ALL flavors with chocolate. I have tried numerous builds, coils, wicks, and etc. It is just the price of vaping a tasty chocolate juice IMO.

I don't know how else to describe the shake flavor other than a perceived nic overload, but indeed it is not the nic. Blue Moon also has a sliiiight hint of it, but nothing like the shakes.

This is just my observations as we all know taste is subjective not to mention all of the different devices that we use. I don't work for KJ and am by no means bashing the shakes as I like them all.

Last edited:

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Now if you are having issues with chocolate that may be another issue altogether. I have found that KJ's chocolate flavored juices tend to funk coils really quickly and that may be a cause for an "off taste" that isn't related to the unfamiliarity to the characteristics of the shakes. I usually get about a tank and 1/2 before I need to dry burn the coil as it has crusted over a bit and tastes pretty foul. For me this is for ALL flavors with chocolate. I have tried numerous builds, coils, wicks, and etc. It is just the price of vaping a tasty chocolate juice IMO.

I don't know how else to describe the shake flavor other than a perceived nic overload, but indeed it is not the nic. Blue Moon also has a sliiiight hint of it, but nothing like the shakes.

This is just my observations as we all know taste is subjective not to mention all of the different devices that we use. I don't work for KJ and am by no means bashing the shakes as I like them all.

It is not the nic overload, only using 6mg in a dripper. I also ordered regular flavor and max VG, so this past order I got the flavor boost. Since the flavor is soooo faint, all I get is tha acrid taste. Since I am using a dripper I have no problems with gunked coils, I dry burn with every cotton change. I have put it to the side to steep, so I can use a higher build and see if that helps.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
I only use basic equipment and am not a sub-ohm, high-wattage, build my own coils kinda guy, so take this for what it's worth...I find that Walt's flavors generally taste best in the 3.8V - 4.2V range with my 2'ish ohm coils.
Well I love the flavor production of RDAs. I would throw some in my Nautilus clone, but max VG is a little too thick lol. To each their own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread