The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hussar Project X RTA Clone (by Coppervape)

Discussion in 'RTA' started by rifky, Nov 11, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nailz

Nailz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Take top cap off and untighten the top piece where you fill, just a little and then JFC will be easier to turn again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    @muth - Is that Nurse Chapel?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    As @Nailz has said, unscrew the top of the tank section and reduce the pressure on the plastic tank section. As the plastic tank section is too tall and when you tighten the top section you end up getting friction braking happening, it's a daft design flaw that's easily enough resolved.

So a good practice is to always loosen the top a little when using the JFC, you don't want to end up tightening the top more when you turn it on. Yes it does happen, experienced it myself and fortunately rubber gloves saved the day and the X.

And it's a viral Star Trek image @muth, couldn't resist using it due to the more you look the more you see.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Tinker Ray

Tinker Ray Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    did you tighten the inner fill top? I had the same problem and found that the top should not be tight. It seals with an o-ring anyway. snug is good enough

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. Tinker Ray

Tinker Ray Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    yup, and you beat me to it. I hadn't read all the way down

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    @Nailz @Mordacai @Tinker Ray Thank you! That .... was so tight I had to use a heavy duty gripper and a 45* angle pick inside the fill hole to pull it free again.

Mordacai, how do you mean the PEI tank got "chewed" up? Is there anything I can do to avoid such chewing?

• Like Like x 2
  7. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Ha ha, Idk, but Mordacai said the more you look the more you see. I'll be staring at that thing when there's nothing else to do, lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @muth, I think it happened due to the plastic tank section getting stuck due to the top tightening.

So where the stops are in the plastic tank section are have chipped and cracked, and I also have a crack across the bottom in line with the juice flow ports.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Well, I get it, I loved the old Star Trek series. Way ahead of it's time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Funny how there's always something. You find an RTA with the perfect vape but something is wonky with the mechanics of it. Or you find one that has mechanical perfection but the vape is just not right for you.

What I like about the X is that you get a great RL and MTL all in one atty. That's not common. I find myself switching back and forth according to my mood.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Okay, so if I'm careful I might be able to avoid that. Thx Mordacai:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    When calculators were ubiquitous, they mostly employed Algebraic logic. Hewlett-Packard produced some of the best calculators and those that were oriented to toward engineers used a logic different than Algebraic. In many senses it was a bit of a twist compared to Algebraic. This logic was commonly referred to as Reverse Polish logic. I'm not certain of the actual derivation of that expression.

I found my Polish produced Hussar Project X a little bit of a challenge to figure out. I couldn't seem to twist/turn it properly. The logic didn't seem quite straight-forward. With the help of Todd and a reference here or there on ECF, I managed to get a handle on it.

I can't help but to think of the Hewlett-Packard calculators of yore when I try to adjust my Project X. I actually find it intriguing that the top can be pulled of and the deck with wick and coil can be accessed rather casually and without spillage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    • Like Like x 2
  14. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Agree. And.......
    You're quite a deep thinker. I'll be seeing you around these pages when I need to express conundrums related to engineering mysteries.:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Hey @muth! So been wanting to order the x for sometime, hows the af compared to the nkfl?

16. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Completely different. As you know, the 2019 is bottom AF with a center AF diameter of 2mm (I believe) and one external AF of 1.8mm max. The X has 3 x 1.5mm AF on both sides of the AF ring hitting the coil on each side at an angle. You can adjust those AF holes anyway you like but it's still going to be dual AF. Lol, I'm pretty tired tonight and not in a good place to be descriptive but Todd has a good review. What I find unique in the X is it's ability to perform well in both MTL and RL mode. I'd say the MTL is loose. The flavor is very good. Also, there are some quirks that are easily resolved as described above by Mordacai and others. After following their advice I have no issues at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I gave both my X's a good bath today - then vg'ed all the o-rings. They are both much happier :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Thx, I forgot about that.

• Love Love x 1
  20. fiddleshe

fiddleshe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    This is one atty that is not self explanatory. Put a coil in. Wick in. That was easy. Put the tank on. Couldnt quite figure out how to fill it but ended up top filling it and it immediately leaked all over my hands and my mod. What I could sample seemed ok. I was so frustrated I just set it aside.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1