The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hussar Project X RTA Clone (by Coppervape)

Discussion in 'RTA' started by rifky, Nov 11, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I VG the deck o-ring every time I rewick. And yes, I've had the deck stuck when I stuck it back on the wrong way. And I've forgotten to turn on JFC, got a dry hit, rewicked and THEN discovered the JFC wasn't on ;)

Here's an O-ring VG guide:

vgme.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    And let's not forget @ShowMeTwice's comprehensive pictorial how-to earlier in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Janusz, the over sized o ring on the bottom of the build deck doesn't help. As you end up having to remember to push down a lot harder than you should do to lock the top section in place.

I'm going to have to have at it with my Vernier calipers, just so that I can start finding out the right sized o ring. But that'll take a bit of time to resolve.

Also got to measure for new o ring above the 510 connector and below the build deck, as it leaks because it's too small. Noticed a black stain around the screw if you're wondering.

But at least you can replace o rings easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zazie

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Once you've measured the o rings, I hope you post your findings here, @Mordacai.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    No worries @Zazie, when I work out what o rings the X really needs I'll post it of course.

As the top cap also totally annoys me when you try to pull it off, it's way too tight a fit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    So, nobody told me I had to attend Project X University before attempting to vape!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Yes, thank you. I totally forgot that the deck gets pulled off, not screwed off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Love that pic:) Why would you need to vg the orings lining the JFC holes? Aren't they getting their daily dosing of ejuice?

9. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    @ShowMeTwice Are you still using a 3mm ID 24g coil? I decided to go with a 2.5mm 26g in order to be more conservative on juice. Have you tried 2.5mm? I'm wondering if I should change to 3mm, still using 26g or maybe 28g, and see how it vapes. What do you think?

10. WhiteHighlights

WhiteHighlights Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Update: not trying anything for a day or two.. my messes continue in other areas (UGH) so I don't dare touch this baby now. LOL. Fortunately, I have a couple of others to use instead! :thumb:

• Love Love x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. AngeNZ

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I updated the pic, as the tank was upside down in the first one I used:
    Hussar Project X RTA Clone (by Coppervape)

And I use a 2.5mm id coil in the X. 6 or 7 wraps of ss316l 28ga

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. AngeNZ

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Zazie

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I wish @ShowMeTwice would show his face here again. I am very worried about him.

• Love Love x 1
  14. AngeNZ

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Me too - I miss him :wub: I'm just hoping life got in the way and changed his priorities

15. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Yes, that should be pinned on the first page of the thread. I went crazy searching for it until @AngeNZ posted it. @classwife would you be able to pin @ShowMeTwice tutorial on the Project X at the beginning of this thread? Thank you so much:) It's right above in AngeNZ's post. It's awesome;)!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

All done :)

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    You're the classiest;):thumb: Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Okay, I got past the last hump now I can't budge my AFC ring. It's stuck on full open. Also, some hot (really hot) juice blew out of the AFC holes and burned my finger, ouch! It stopped doing that now but why did that happen and how can I make sure it doesn't happen again?

19. Zazie

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    @muth, have you taken off the top cap (if that's what it's called--I mean the thing you have to remove to fill the tank) and loosened the ring with the fill port a little bit? That's what the pros here told me to do when I couldn't budge the tank to open/close the juice flow, and their advice was spot on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tig7

Tig7 Super Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I finally received my Hussar X's a few days ago. Got them all lubed up and stored back in the stash. They seem like quality RTA's glad I got them. They look good on the Pico's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1