Hussar Project X RTA Clone (by Coppervape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I VG the deck o-ring every time I rewick. And yes, I've had the deck stuck when I stuck it back on the wrong way. And I've forgotten to turn on JFC, got a dry hit, rewicked and THEN discovered the JFC wasn't on ;)

Here's an O-ring VG guide:

vgme.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Janusz

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Janusz, the over sized o ring on the bottom of the build deck doesn't help. As you end up having to remember to push down a lot harder than you should do to lock the top section in place.

I'm going to have to have at it with my Vernier calipers, just so that I can start finding out the right sized o ring. But that'll take a bit of time to resolve.

Also got to measure for new o ring above the 510 connector and below the build deck, as it leaks because it's too small. Noticed a black stain around the screw if you're wondering.

But at least you can replace o rings easily.

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Place (screw it)your X on mod.

Close JFC.

Hold your mod in one hand and grab the whole X with other hand and pull it off the same way as you are pulling top cap. It is necessary to use as much force (or more).
    Yes, thank you. I totally forgot that the deck gets pulled off, not screwed off.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I VG the deck o-ring every time I rewick. And yes, I've had the deck stuck when I stuck it back on the wrong way. And I've forgotten to turn on JFC, got a dry hit, rewicked and THEN discovered the JFC wasn't on ;)

Here's an O-ring VG guide:

View attachment 845631
    Love that pic:) Why would you need to vg the orings lining the JFC holes? Aren't they getting their daily dosing of ejuice?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Informative
    Reactions: muth

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    And let's not forget @ShowMeTwice's comprehensive pictorial how-to earlier in this thread.

Yes, that should be pinned on the first page of the thread. I went crazy searching for it until @AngeNZ posted it. @classwife would you be able to pin @ShowMeTwice tutorial on the Project X at the beginning of this thread? Thank you so much:) It's right above in AngeNZ's post. It's awesome;)!

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    @muth, have you taken off the top cap (if that's what it's called--I mean the thing you have to remove to fill the tank) and loosened the ring with the fill port a little bit? That's what the pros here told me to do when I couldn't budge the tank to open/close the juice flow, and their advice was spot on.

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread