I was killing my family slowly with SALT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyNonSmokie

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Ohio, USA
I am a mom and wife, and a home cook. I have been married for 12 years and my children are 13 and 10. During most of this time I have been a stay at home mom, and I have cooked a homemade dinner for my family almost everyday. On weekends I make a full breakfast and we love BACON!

I was also a smoker of at least 1 PAD in all that time (17 year actually). After vaping exclusivly for 28 days, and 2 months almost exclusivly.....I realized that I was over salting EVERYTHING! If it wasn't sweet I put in salt, and lots of it it seems. I can not believe that I have subjected my boys to such an unhealthy thing. One of my sons is a Type1 diabetic and he can use all the help he can get to eat healthy and live a better life. I am so happy that through vaping and not smoking I can help provide him with a healthier diet by cutting down on the salt. Because now, I can taste it :)

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Once I was not happy to have my taste buds return. I love BK onion rings with their zesty sauce. I got some a few weeks ago and OMG... that zesty sauce is NASTY when you can taste it. Unless you really like horseradish (which I don't). That is all you can taste.

That's OK though, I like ketchup too. ;)

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
Ya brought a SMILE to my face! GOOD 4U taking better care of yourself AND family! :)

Yep...once my taste buds awakened, EVERYTHING was too salty...AND TOO HOT!!! WHOA!!

I always LOVED "Spicy Hummus" dip from Publix groceries. I bought it yesterday, and tried it again last night.

YEOW!! CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT!! My MOUTH was BLAZING on the first bite...and the tears rolling down my cheeks weren't enough to cool the flames! :evil:

I won't do THAT again! :blink:

(I wonder how many folks ate my cookin', while quietly gagging on salt, pepper and hot sauce?)

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
Once I started vaping, I started noticing how salty some of the things we eat often are. I complained to my wife about how salty the ham she bought was, I told her to get the kind we always got. Of course it was the same brand. We also went to a chain Asian restaurant & I ordered Pepper Steak & it was way too salty to eat. My nonsmoking wife couldn't get it down, but a smoking buddy loved it.

The only 2 thing that I really like salty are popcorn & pretzels.

Mylt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2011
Virginia
dont do it.... many of us that love bacon have just had to try it to be sure. bacon juice shouldnt be made,lol.
no argument from me. LOL, bacon should only be smoked via hickory then allowed to rest before hitting the frying pan. LOL. when i saw that it was a "WTF" moment. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread