Ikenvape - Remembering the Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I didn't personally know Isaac, but I certainly appreciate everything that he did for the vaping community.

Using a cartotank almost exclusively for the first three years of my vaping experience, my favorite cartomizer was the "punched" Platinum model. Ikenvape cartos were so popular and in such limited supply, that you literally had to order within the first 24 hours after receiving an email alert from Isaac that a new batch had come in. They were that much better than either Boge or Smoktech cartos.

I recall that Isaac was having issues with his manufacturer in China (Boge?), and was considering having his own brand made in the USA. That was around the time that I started rebuilding exclusively, so I'm not aware of how those plans worked out or not.

Best of luck to Isaac and his family. You'll be missed. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I didn't personally know Isaac, but I certainly appreciate everything that he did for the vaping community.

Using a cartotank almost exclusively for the first three years of my vaping experience, my favorite cartomizer was the "punched" Platinum model. Ikenvape cartos were so popular and in such limited supply, that you literally had to order within the first 24 hours after receiving an email alert from Isaac that a new batch had come in. They were that much better than either Boge or Smoktech cartos.

I recall that Isaac was having issues with his manufacturer in China (Boge?), and was considering having his own brand made in the USA. That was around the time that I started rebuilding exclusively, so I'm not aware of how those plans worked out or not.

Best of luck to Isaac and his family. You'll be missed. :)

:thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Never used any IKV anything. But it is heartwarming to read through this thread and hear how you all have a personal connection to the vendors this thread is about.

It's very sweet and kind of you to pay tribute.

THIS ^^^ is why the ECF Vaping community is so unique and beautiful.

Thanks Evan to care enough to honor a truly innovative vendor and a great human being.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
I was fortunate enough to find IKV carto's towards the end of that stage in my vaping journey. They were hands down the best performing and longest lasting carto's I'd ever used. With the advent of the Aspire Nautilus and my desire to learn how to rebuild, I moved on from the world of carto tanks (although sometimes I wonder why).

I didn't know Isaac at el, but I can say that IKV's customer service was superb. It's always sad to see folks with such an ability, make the decision to move on, but with their penchant to relate to folks and genuine ability to persevere, I'm confident that brighter days are ahead for them and theirs.

Thanks for everything IKV! Best of luck with whatever you do!

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Good morning in our new thread:). Been so terribly sick the past 7 days. Feeling like I might survive...barely:ohmy:, and went on line today.

We do not, Smac. We share a ton of personality traits, thoughts, and opinions (scary, sometimes) - but "No" on the residence.

Zip it. BOTH of ya. ;)
:laugh::laugh:...thanks for my first laugh in a week.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Get well soon cat^2! Thanks y'all. Great stories and thoughts. I know the ikenvape cartos were the first ones that my wife wild burn out too fast! :)

And his clear cartos were the best out too. Cause my dumas treat buds couldn't tell when mine was low. With the clear I could see the juice. Once we started tanking them it was Platinum's and Fusions all the way

I think I still have a few in my drawer and a couple carto punches. Anybody need one? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread