I'm full of rage!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
I'm originally from Lithuania, a small country in the East of Europe and altough I've been living in the UK for a while now, I still check out Lithuanian news from time to time. PVs are not very well known there yet, therefore there is a LOT of misleading information going around. Like this article I found today, when looking up some stuff about PVs, Elektronin .Now I dont expect anyone to understand whats written in that article, altough you could use google translator, but I wouldnt bother because it sucks haha. Its a lithuanian medicine website and I expected them to have much more knowledge than this. The author stated that "Propyline Glycol is the main ingredient used in electronic cigarettes. Its a dangerous, very flammable substance used in solar collectors, even in small quantities, can you imagine what kind of chemicals your child might be inhaling into his lungs?". It was also stated that producing or distributing electronic cigarettes in manufacturing countries, such as China and Japan is prohibited, but... I wonder where most of the suppliers get their stock from? If you look up alibaba.com PVs are one of the most populat items in the health and medicine section that can be purchased legally and in large quantities. Where the hell did they get that from? They also say that PVs are banned in the United Kingdom, erm hello? I live there. There are about 30 if not more different suppliers providing PVs legally to anyone over 18 in the UK, even some pubs sell it. It is also said that there is enough information and research done that allows them to say that electronic cigarette are dangerous and can cause harm. Wth? Another thing "The catridges used in electronic cigarettes can contain up to 21mg of nicotine. Such a high amount of nicotine can cause paralisis of the airway pipes, therefore the effects of this product are almost immediate and can cause death." Omg, seriously! I want to punch whoever wrote this in their face!!! Sorry, guys I just really needed to have a rant! I know I shouldn't let stuff like this get to me, but it really makes me angry! I can't help it, ugh!

Last edited:

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU
OMG!
I don't understand the language, but Google Translate wil give you a general idea.
This is not just ignorance, this is a stunning collection of lies and misinformation. Even FDA wouldn't stoop this low.
A capsule can contain 21 grams.....Really?
The damage is already evident....Where is that then??
New Jersey and UK arrest distributors....Who got hauled off to jail???

This is just sad really :-(

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Bizarre!
It's almost as if the writer of that article pulled the first internet sources he found and does not believe that his readers are capable of cross-checking his 'facts' for themselves.

I have heard some real whoppers, since starting to vape, but this surpasses anything ASH have ever come up with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread