I'm wondering ... Would cigarettes still taste so bad if

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
I have been smoke-free for about 4 months now. And every once in a blue moon, I get a hankering for a smoke. I light one up, and it is just gross. So nasty that I throw it out after about 2 puffs. That's all I can take.

But I'm wondering ... Had I not been vaping these 4 months would they still taste so dog-gone nasty ??

I've had ex-smokers bum a cig before and they smoke the whole thing and actually seem to enjoy it. I don't ever remember one of them complaining about the disgusting taste. But there is no way I could smoke a whole cigarette. They're repulsive to me now.

And I'm happy with this because I don't ever want to smoke again. I mean 32 years of 2+ packs/day was enough.

But again I wonder ... Had I not been vaping for these 4 months, would a cigarette still taste so foul ??

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    My wife still smokes analogs so I am still around them all of the time. I still like the smell of them even though I have not smoked one in over five weeks now. It took me about four months to get off of the analogs completely and am almost afraid to try one again because I am afraid I will like it.

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    I have had the same experience. I was sitting around the campfire, and a buddy had some camel lights and was laughing at my e-cig, then after a while, the battery I was using ran out (I had more, but wanted to see if I was fooling myself into thinking that e-cigs tasted better) so I asked to bum one from him... I took about 3 puffs and threw it into the fire (which is the only honorable/respectable way to dispose of not-completely-smoked cigarettes). It tasted horrible, I could smell it on my breath immediately, and I went in to grab a charged battery... I've quit many a time, and always just fell right back into smoking... but having a choice between a real cigarette and an e-cig, e-cig wins for me. But on the other hand, I have to worry what will happen if these are banned.. will regular cigarettes not taste so 'bad' if I consciously know they are the only choice??

pianoguy

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    I know that in previous attempts to quit (using gum, cold turkey, etc.) that first cig after a long layoff tasted great. I'm not tempted to light up another one, but I imagine that what might be happening is that we're now conditioning our brains to expect a more pleasant taste when we inhale something.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2009
    Acme Looniversity
    I know that in previous attempts to quit (using gum, cold turkey, etc.) that first cig after a long layoff tasted great. I'm not tempted to light up another one, but I imagine that what might be happening is that we're now conditioning our brains to expect a more pleasant taste when we inhale something.

I actually had the same experience. When I quite using a different method a cigarette tasted wonderful. Now I can't stand them. It might be a taste bud or smell issue. Because every food smells wonderful now!

No wonder we quit so easy. E-Cigs taste awesome and make cigarettes taste terrible!

--Prof Daffy
    P.S. Snozberries, still taste like Snozberries.

Taryn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2009
    Florida
    I quit smoking for two years and that first cigarette when I went back tasted wonderful. Just over one year later and I start vaping, it immediately quenched my cigarette cravings and I live with a smoker!! In the two years I was a non smoker I craved cigarettes all the time, sure it was less severe as time went on but that craving never went away. Just a few short days into vaping and the taste of a cigarette makes me want to gag.

It's got to be something about vaping that did that for me because I've quit a few times and always welcomed them back like an old friend when I started up again.

WarrLordd

ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2009
    Must be the flavours cause when i first started to vape.. I was using both analogs and ecig. Didn't notice anything much really cause both was Marlboro. But after i decided to try some liquids like JohnsonCreek's Ten Cured/Original also some Pinapple/Strawberrys.

But i also even get the crave for a analog but when i do happen to pick up one and taste it.. I get a little more happy saying wow screw this i want my e-cig.
    I mean it taste so bad even tho i craved it..

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2009
    SoCal
    I have been smoke-free for about 4 months now. And every once in a blue moon, I get a hankering for a smoke. I light one up, and it is just gross. So nasty that I throw it out after about 2 puffs. That's all I can take.

But I'm wondering ... Had I not been vaping these 4 months would they still taste so dog-gone nasty ??

I've had ex-smokers bum a cig before and they smoke the whole thing and actually seem to enjoy it. I don't ever remember one of them complaining about the disgusting taste. But there is no way I could smoke a whole cigarette. They're repulsive to me now.

And I'm happy with this because I don't ever want to smoke again. I mean 32 years of 2+ packs/day was enough.

But again I wonder ... Had I not been vaping for these 4 months, would a cigarette still taste so foul ??

During my 15 years of smoking, I had a two year quit period... First one I had after falling off the wagon tasted great. After vaping, I can't stand it. Sure it's mostly psychological or something...

Deschain

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 5, 2009
    England
    This FSC sounds horrific, I'm not aware of it being introduced to British analogs.

And I agree with the general concensus here...if you just went cold turkey for a few weeks or months, a smoke probably would taste good once you cracked and lit one up, but trying to smoke one after vaping some tasty >insert fave juice here< would probably result in the "yuck factor".

D133

ECF Veteran
    Oct 25, 2009
    UK
    I've had ex-smokers bum a cig before and they smoke the whole thing and actually seem to enjoy it. I don't ever remember one of them complaining about the disgusting taste.
    Had they been drinking alcohol? Cigarettes don't taste so bad after a few (or more than a few) beers, that's how I got hooked on smoking in the first place. Previously they made me feel ill, then unfortunately I tried them with alcohol.

If I was to light one now I wouldn't enjoy the taste, but after a few I would become accustomed to them so they didn't taste bad any more. It's the buzz from the CO that I miss, not the taste, but I have to leave that in the past now.

ACM

ECF Veteran
    Nov 11, 2009
    I really don't taste much of anything when I vape, despite trying a variety of flavors from a variety of vendors. But the slight taste I do get from my e-cig is generally more pleasant than the taste of an analog. I still cheat on occasion, but I don't cheat every day/ I find the e-cig generally satisfies my cravings for a smoke. But when I do cheat, I find that, while vaping tastes better, I still like the taste of analogs enough that I can't have any in the house. If I did, I would smoke them AND continue vaping, both.

KermieD

ECF Veteran
    Nov 5, 2009
    Oshkosh, WI

My personal thoughts lie along this line of thinking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread