Innokin iSub RBA Kit!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Well you won't believe it but the early version has not leaked a drop of juice and I have been using the rba for 2 weeks now. I am using it with 70 vg which is about as thin as I dare put in it. I am using a 2.5 diameter coil cut the wick a little longer and stuffed some back in the holes. I am pretty happy with it actually but building can be finicky/fiddly. I can't say I am happy with Innokins customer service though and will not be purchasing anything else from them. Thanks for asking Stegle I am great how about yourself? What other tanks you using? I just got a Lemo2 for 20.00$ and so far am really liking it.

I think it's the juice I DIY. I don't like more than 30 VG so my juice is thin. I never tried anything smaller than 3 mm so that might be worth trying to reduce. I'm glad you're having success with it though. I still use the stock .5 and the clapton heads to just dry burn and rewick when needed. They work fine with my juice.
Oh well, it works great in my Kanger sub tank mini's, my Aspire cleito is coming, and I'm waiting for the Joyetech cubis to arrive also.
How do you like the Lemo2? I had considered that one but never ordered one.
I hear you about the CS at Innokin. It took me a week to hear back from them, I know they're busy but you have to take care of your customer or they'll go elsewhere...you said:
"Innokins customer service though and will not be purchasing anything else from them."

I just watched a Pbusardo review on the Cubis, and he states that Innokin is releasing something soon that is going to be something really big. He can't say right now any more than that. The video was from 1/26/16 and he said as soon as he can, he will announce the news.

So many new things to drool over and spend on, I love it. Take care

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
It's too soon to think about changing this one (I've got a 2nd unopened though) but it occurs that I bought a couple of tubes of Wotofo Comp coils (Clapton III & Tiger Wire) with and for my Bachelor.
But that RTA needs a full width coil so I still haven't used the Wotofos.
And most of my RTA decks are Velocity style so that's not really good either.

This RBA may be a very good test bed for them.

kaanfici

Apr 6, 2016
I have got one today to build a coil for the very first time.

It's very easy to build it and there is no leakage. However i used the wire which comes with the kit. I had no idea about the wire specification and the user guide do not contain any information about this.

It's working on 0.48 ohm and jumps to 0.46ohm when i vape on 30W. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

I.V.

Dec 30, 2011
London
Just as an update:

5mm overhang was too much I'm now going around 3 mm for tucking into the juice holes and the leaks come usually when the tank is almost empty. Using two o rings is hit and miss - sometimes they creep up the thread and make the base sit bad. When I do it right so they stay where they should it works great.

I finally dropped my tank enough times the chimney broke away from the tank completely. It lasted 8.5 months, not bad.

Just trying to choose whether to get an isub Apex, Vortex or S. Still using a original Coolfire IV, saving up the pennies for a TC as I just blew a load rebuilding my car's engine.

3.5mm is a big mandrel but fits nicely in the atomiser and easy if you just need to dry burn and re-wick. I've tried smaller coils but to get close to 2.0 ohms makes them too wide (too many turns) for me. Tootle-puffing for life :)

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
The only recent iSub I was considering was the "S".
But I've been reading that it's prone to leaking and possibly other problems. An issue of complexity or perhaps user error with its' many parts.

Now however... there's the upcoming "V", which appears to be essentially a basic top-fill "G".
I like that and I'll be keeping it in mind.

The RBAs are still working perfectly BTW.

Dreamer13

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
West Virginia
I haven't had any issues out of my isub-s. I've been using it for at least 3 months without one leak. It has also set several days without use, full of juice or on the lower end as well. I really like the bars protecting the glass too.

The current issue I am having is how hard the draw is on the clapton coils. Now I used the standard .50 horizontal coils for over a year and didn't have this problem. I'm going to try another clapton tonight and see if the first was a dud. I've been vaping on the first coil for over a week at 33-35w. Maybe that coil type is just not for me.

I love the Aspire clapton coils though but I like the Innokin coils better on the price point.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I tend to vape mine pretty low before refilling, and fill them pretty full as well, which I hear makes creating the vacuum harder.

I should pay more attention to those details, see if I see a pattern of when mine spew a little and when they don't.

Same here. I didn't notice the leaking when it was very full, though, just when it got down below half. "Spew!" LOL! That's the perfect word for it! :p

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I should correct myself to say, I didn't notice the leaking when it was full AFTER I stuffed more wicking in it. When I was wicking it the same as I do the stock coils, it was spewing right from the start and never stopped. So there's definitely a wick issue going on here...

That sounds about right, and you said you were using Rayon.
I don't (well... twice) but I'm also aware how it doesn't plump up like cotton, so there's that.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
OK, now I'm on day two of the second 4mm coil and still no leaks. I have every reason to assume now that none of them will leak, as long as the coil is 4mm. I've got four more to check out, but I'm sure they'll be fine. :D

What are you using to wrap the coils on, to make them 4 mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread