Innokin iTaste SVD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
Mine just broke this morning. Fire button's return mechanism failed. it'll still fire, but no button press (it's just stuck at the pressed position). Turns itself off and on on it's own. This makes me very sad

That sucks sorry, the store I got it from said that its a manufactuer replacement. Meaning that you have to send it back to them. His prices are high as heck. It will be the last time I buy anything high end from him. I think he is blowing vapors. Get it back to where you got it from ASAP

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Get it back to where you got it from ASAP

Store I ordered from states 30 day warranty with them. today is about 25 days, but I cant send it back without an RMA. Awaiting a response to my e-mail. They are typically very good to me, so we will see.

I'd be more upset about it, but my Nemesis arrived today... No time to care!:evil:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
p1010280px.jpg

Lol! This pic is awesome!

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Of course I didn't let the batts sun all the way down. But using two AW 18490 1100 mah.
I got a total of 14 hrs of heavy vaping

Nice! I assume you are using the longer tube for that? Or does it work w/ the standard tube? most I've packed into mine was dual 18350 batteries.

I ordered mine off of ivape.net last week. Been playing with it for 3 days now. I love it. A few things I'd like to comment on.

Mine didn't come with the two iClear 30s, even though it was in the picture on the website. That's fine because I ordered a Kanger Protank when I placed my order. Not the biggest bummer, but a slight disappointment.

It also only came with the small tube. It appears two 18350s fit no problem in the small tube it came with. I'm unaware if this was changed or whatever. There isn't much room left on the threads after things are tightened down (not too tight). I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this with dual battery mode.

On a side note, I'm confused about battery mAh. Dual battery mode with my batteries totals with 1600 mAh, while my 18650s are both 2000mAh. It seems like Dual Battery mode is just an extra 'bell-&-whistle'. I'm still unsure about that because normally I run single 18350 so it will fit in my hard case with the tank installed. With 18650, I have to remove the tank and takes up space for an extra battery or juice.

I feel like ... of the "con's" about the screen orientation while using the SVD right handed is all false. I press the button with my thumb and the orientation seems very good to me. When I use my index finger, it would appear that the LCD is up-side-down... I don't get what all the fuss is about that.

Combined with the Protank, this device is pretty divine. After a few new flavors, I discovered that the Protank really throws out a legit flavor after proper steeping is completed. I really love this setup.

I enjoy the fading battery light indicator built into the fire button. I can vape and it stays on just long enough for me to pull it away from my mouth and glance at it's color.

The rattling around the batter tube is not a big deal. I don't over tighten my tube. I feel like tighter threads would be better, but the version I have is great. I don't just slide my device in my packet. I have a mini I use when I'm in an active environment. However, last night I found myself a position in which i had no place to sat my device. Long story short I dropped it from about 2 feet onto concrete. Didn't phase it. That particular circumstance won't occur again because well, I'll leave the details out for the better of my post.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
Nice! I assume you are using the longer tube for that? Or does it work w/ the standard tube? most I've packed into mine was dual 18350 batteries.

Just the unscrew that one extension tube a tad. It seems to be a nice sweet spot between the the 350 and the 650.
The dual stacked is a tad longer than the 650.
I took 7hrs to get to halfway. The AW's 18490's/500's are rock solid, they are rated at 500 cycles.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I ordered mine off of ivape.net last week. Been playing with it for 3 days now. I love it. A few things I'd like to comment on.

Mine didn't come with the two iClear 30s, even though it was in the picture on the website. That's fine because I ordered a Kanger Protank when I placed my order. Not the biggest bummer, but a slight disappointment.

It also only came with the small tube. It appears two 18350s fit no problem in the small tube it came with. I'm unaware if this was changed or whatever. There isn't much room left on the threads after things are tightened down (not too tight). I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this with dual battery mode.

On a side note, I'm confused about battery mAh. Dual battery mode with my batteries totals with 1600 mAh, while my 18650s are both 2000mAh. It seems like Dual Battery mode is just an extra 'bell-&-whistle'. I'm still unsure about that because normally I run single 18350 so it will fit in my hard case with the tank installed. With 18650, I have to remove the tank and takes up space for an extra battery or juice.

I feel like ... of the "con's" about the screen orientation while using the SVD right handed is all false. I press the button with my thumb and the orientation seems very good to me. When I use my index finger, it would appear that the LCD is up-side-down... I don't get what all the fuss is about that.

Combined with the Protank, this device is pretty divine. After a few new flavors, I discovered that the Protank really throws out a legit flavor after proper steeping is completed. I really love this setup.

I enjoy the fading battery light indicator built into the fire button. I can vape and it stays on just long enough for me to pull it away from my mouth and glance at it's color.

The rattling around the batter tube is not a big deal. I don't over tighten my tube. I feel like tighter threads would be better, but the version I have is great. I don't just slide my device in my packet. I have a mini I use when I'm in an active environment. However, last night I found myself a position in which i had no place to sat my device. Long story short I dropped it from about 2 feet onto concrete. Didn't phase it. That particular circumstance won't occur again because well, I'll leave the details out for the better of my post.

I don't own an SVD, but, stacked 18350/800 batteries can only supply 800mah of current, it's a series arrangement of the batteries. If performance is similar to a Vamo, assuming a similar chipset to run the electronics, the current drain on a stack is about 1/3 that of the current drain on a single 18650. That will result in similar vaping time between the two.

To eliminate the rattle, maybe stretching the spring would help.

I don't own an SVD, but, stacked 18350/800 batteries can only supply 800mah of current, it's a series arrangement of the batteries. If performance is similar to a Vamo, assuming a similar chipset to run the electronics, the current drain on a stack is about 1/3 that of the current drain on a single 18650. That will result in similar vaping time between the two.

To eliminate the rattle, maybe stretching the spring would help.

I don't fully understand how the battery series works for I'm not well educated in the math and whatnot. Thank you for the enlightenment!

The spring is housed and concealed in a special connection piece on the bottom battery cap that doesn't seem to be removable or stretchable. The rattling is caused by slight play of the battery observing that the telescopic tube has a greater diameter than the main body that provides the screws. The treads are a lower TPI than the beta version and has a "loose" feel to the threadings. I can tighten the tube down very tight to eliminate this, but I feel like the added pressure may damage the positive terminal of the device. I suspect the did this to minimize the effort of changing the telescopic tube's size. Plus a smaller thread and tighter TPI could allow jamming if the threads were ever damaged.

I've also observed that the loudest rattling comes from the metal + and - buttons. If iTaste was to install an o-ring under each where it is secured in the button housing, this would eliminate the rattle, but also may cause a button to stick. It's not a big deal, really. When i read reviews before ordering this, I was under the impression that the rattles heard on videos were due to the tube itself. I was going to use teflon tape to reduce it. in the end, when I got mine, nothing was needed.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
I don't fully understand how the battery series works for I'm not well educated in the math and whatnot. Thank you for the enlightenment!

The spring is housed and concealed in a special connection piece on the bottom battery cap that doesn't seem to be removable or stretchable. The rattling is caused by slight play of the battery observing that the telescopic tube has a greater diameter than the main body that provides the screws. The treads are a lower TPI than the beta version and has a "loose" feel to the threadings. I can tighten the tube down very tight to eliminate this, but I feel like the added pressure may damage the positive terminal of the device. I suspect the did this to minimize the effort of changing the telescopic tube's size. Plus a smaller thread and tighter TPI could allow jamming if the threads were ever damaged.

I've also observed that the loudest rattling comes from the metal + and - buttons. If iTaste was to install an o-ring under each where it is secured in the button housing, this would eliminate the rattle, but also may cause a button to stick. It's not a big deal, really. When i read reviews before ordering this, I was under the impression that the rattles heard on videos were due to the tube itself. I was going to use teflon tape to reduce it. in the end, when I got mine, nothing was needed.

I cant link it to you now but watch I think the guys name is psardo's review on you tube. He gets into a lot of the tech stuff.
I can assure you that the stacked batts are no gimmick, you will notice it; you will be saying (don't take my dude card) OMG!.
I would order the AW batteries for it I do have a Panasonic 18650 rated at 2600 mah.
But for me the sweet spot is if I'm out the AW 18500/490 same diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread