Status
Not open for further replies.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Another vote to move the X.

Can't add anything here. Just wanted to say thanks for all comments. I like the 1.6 but had been thinking of trying the lower resistance coils when my spares run out.

I just received a TPD compliant one that had a Plexus included. But after reading this thread will probably keep it in the parts box instead of carry bag.
I got the D22 last week with a Plexus included and have decided it can stay in the box for the moment too.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I got the D22 last week with a Plexus included and have decided it can stay in the box for the moment too.
I love it, until the burnt hits. It’s a bit airier than the regular coils. Perhaps my taste buds aren’t so refined, I don’t get a flavor difference. If you swap it out the minute you start to get that yuck taste, it doesn’t ruin the juice in your tank. I’m going to keep using them until I’m out so I can get them out of the drawer. I don’t want to grab one accidentally. I did change my out and about tank back to a regular coil though.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    So I just got another tank and wouldn't you know, it has a plexus coil installed. Figured I would give it a go and, burnt taste from the start. Here is how I remedied it: turned down to 7.5 w, several firings and burnt taste gone. I then gradually cranked it up to 14 w over the course of 2 hours. All is fine but I probably wouldn't buy these coils cause taste is muted for me.

angie124

ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I got my 22 zenith yesterday after 2 years of using a nautilus.
    It came with the plexus coil installed. I put 5 drops in the coil and left for15 mins. Was working perfectly until today. Opened the top to refill. (Only 3rd refill). Took a draw and totally dry really burnt hit straight away. Did I do something wrong refilling it ?
    Really disappointed.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    So I just got another tank and wouldn't you know, it has a plexus coil installed. Figured I would give it a go and, burnt taste from the start. Here is how I remedied it: turned down to 7.5 w, several firings and burnt taste gone. I then gradually cranked it up to 14 w over the course of 2 hours. All is fine but I probably wouldn't buy these coils cause taste is muted for me.
    Let us know how long the coil lasts that way. I usually start a couple watts down to break it in, but never go down that low

Reactions: stols001

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Vaped 30 tanks with .8 ohm coilhead flavor started to drop off some but otherwise no leaks and no burnt tastes .
    Changed out coilhead to 1.6 ohm supplied and noticed flavor difference right away .
    Anyways bought some packs of 5 here for 6.10 each free shipping if 75.00 spent- shipped from FL.
    Not affiliated in anyway with them.
    Innokin Zenith Replacement Coil - 5PK

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    A question for Zenith fans.
    Exactly what o ring measurement is needed for replacement rings. I thought I figured out the answer three times now and have proven myself wrong!
    It'd be great to find a resource for sure. Please let us know if you find something.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Think my
    Plexus coil burnt after 3 refills as when I filled it I didn't close it all the way. So would the coil holes be still closed off and not get any liquid and that's why it burnt straight away? Any ideas
    Try the other coil. If you read back through this thread, you’ll see a number of people are having issues with the z coils

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Think my
    Plexus coil burnt after 3 refills as when I filled it I didn't close it all the way. So would the coil holes be still closed off and not get any liquid and that's why it burnt straight away? Any ideas
    The time I refilled and forgot to close the lid, juice poured out the air flow all over the mod and flooded the coil before I realized what I’d done.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    The time I refilled and forgot to close the lid, juice poured out the air flow all over the mod and flooded the coil before I realized what I’d done.
    ouch! I only get it right because my refill bottle spout makes a mess at the top and I have to wipe it off, so I also see that it's open then, lol. It is a good refill top tho, I have a slide one on my other tank and it leaks all day.

Nunc1

Oct 21, 2018
    The Netherlands
    I was considering to buy plexus coils, hoping they would do better than the 1,6 and 0,8 coils, but reading the comments here, that probably will not solve my issues. In contrast to what I read in many posts in this thread, my experience with the zenith tank has been very, very dissappointing. The coils last 3 days max. Worst cases 24 hours, like today. I vape 90% VG and have never had problems with it using Kanger pro- and aero tanks. I chain-vape low power, 6 W at 1,6 ohms and 8 W at 0,8 ohms. Anyone the same issue or ideas?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I was considering to buy plexus coils, hoping they would do better than the 1,6 and 0,8 coils, but reading the comments here, that probably will not solve my issues. In contrast to what I read in many posts in this thread, my experience with the zenith tank has been very, very dissappointing. The coils last 3 days max. Worst cases 24 hours, like today. I vape 90% VG and have never had problems with it using Kanger pro- and aero tanks. I chain-vape low power, 6 W at 1,6 ohms and 8 W at 0,8 ohms. Anyone the same issue or ideas?
    If you are getting many dry hits, I was poking the holes with a needle.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    my experience with the zenith tank has been very, very dissappointing.

Well...Nunc...would like to help you figure out what the problem is...since the Zenith is my current FAVORITE tank...the 1.6ohm coils easily last me a month...

(I have 3 Zeniths in my 5 set-up home rotation.)

I've had hassles (leaking) with the factory installed coils...but NONE with the coils from the 5-packs...(although it sounds like you're finished with the factory installed ones)…

I'm a MTL Tootle Puffer and use slightly higher power levels than you do...9W to 12W...with 2 air holes open...(although I think their "recommended" level is 10-14W)...

When I became overwhelmed by the "VG film" on my TV screens and home/car windows...I switched over to 70PG/30VG ejuices...(but it's hard to think that your 90%VG is leading to your short coil life and quick onset bad tastes)…

Don't know what else to add...

Last edited:

Nunc1

Oct 21, 2018
    The Netherlands
    Well...Nunc...would like to help you figure out what the problem is...since the Zenith is my current FAVORITE tank...the 1.6ohm coils easily last me a month...

(I have 3 Zeniths in my 5 set-up home rotation.)

I've had hassles (leaking) with the factory installed coils...but NONE with the coils from the 5-packs...(although it sounds like you're finished with the factory installed ones)…

I'm a MTL Tootle Puffer and use slightly higher power levels than you do...9W to 12W...with 2 air holes open...(although I think their "recommended" level is 10-14W)...

When I became overwhelmed by the "VG film" on my TV screens and home/car windows...I switched over to 70PG/30VG ejuices...(but it's hard to think that your 90%VG is leading to your short coil life and quick onset bad tastes)…

Don't know what else to add...

It is a mystery indeed. I am using the zenith since late June and used 11 (!) 5-packs since... The coils being not rebuildable, so I am a good customer. I just want it to work and when I read all those positive reviews, I simply don’t get it. After the first order I hoped is was a bad batch. But I have ordered four times now. ( Same webshop though)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread