Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thinner wire, quicker ramp up at lower volts, maybe.

That's true. But to get the same resistance (1.2Ω) of a single coil in a dual coil atty, you'll need to use two 2.4Ω coils in parallel. So the wires need to be thicker, if anything.

u9l4d4.gif

I'm also surprised that there is so little information about that coil on Innokin website and/or the vendors' websites. I can't find any reviews anywhere.

Anyway, I still use Eleaf GS dual coil atties and love them because they produce more vapor at lower wattages than the singles and I like that. But I need at least 6 or 7 watts per coil to get a decent vape. Other GS users prefer singles because they heat up faster.

And for those who don't remember, dual coils were first introduced to help with the constantly burning fillers in cartomizers (thin hot wires wrapped in poly-something fillers was a really bad idea).

Burnt-Cartomizer.jpg

burnt-e-cig-cartomizer.jpg

Well, that didn't help much. :lol: The only thing that worked were carto tanks, which kept the filler constantly saturated in eliquid.

Ca331pture.JPG

Oh, the good old days.

We've come a long way. :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I agree. I'm very curious about the Pro Zenith.

Also, I think I discovered the reason behind the 10-14 watts recommended wattage for both the 1.6 and 1.2Ω coils--the Adept/Zlide kit!

Innokin Adept Kit - Ecig Vaporizer
  • Intelligent Auto Wattage
  • Higher than 1.0ohm Coil: 11 - 14W
  • Lower than 1.0ohm Coil: 14 - 17W
As you can see, the Adept battery's "intelligent auto wattage" can only do 11-14 W for any coil higher than 1Ω. ;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't even know what the pro IS? Will be waiting with baited breath.

Gosh I wonder where on earth that came from. Time for a favorite of MINE Entomology

The phrase "bated breath" meaning holding or restricting one's breath, was used in Shakespeare, in the Merchant of Venice, in 1596, but was also used in other ways at that time

Good enough for me. I personally felt at Swarthmore college that being expected to read ALL of Shakespeare (including the sonnets, I am SO NO fan of those) in a semester was unreasonable. If felt so about many such classes it's a good thing my mom taught me to read at age 3. Dude, I remember it, too, all the dang Dick and Jane books and like she had this weird but super cool (I wish I could remember, I should ask) word board game where the objective was to like get them into the red mailbox. Think it was British. Okay not gonna google this is off topic enough.

is it all MORE puffy and cloudy though? Cuz dude, that' what "Pro" makes me think of. IDK. Maybe it's just harder to operate or something...'

Anna

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Guess I have to go watch the video now :lol:. It’s been sitting in my que since it came out :oops:.

Looks like it has all the good features (or the features I like :)) of the Zlide and the Zenith finally together in one tank. Can't wait.

That new mod is not bad either.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    View attachment 849527
    Straight from the creator.... hadn’t heard about this one yet. Rdl sounds good

I want some of these coils, sounds better than the 1.2 ohm ones I think!!
    It's been a while since I've used a drop in coil, I'm looking forward to pulling the Zenith out;)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Are they 1.0 or 1.2 I am confused and OMG I have a lifetime supply of the freaking 1.6s. ARGH. I want to try them.... And then I totally don't.

INNOKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, the source of my greatest joys and greatest frustrations.

Anna
    Both

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread