Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
There are certainly other factors that we don't typically discuss and many probably don't even think about that could help explain the minor differences we each see...

If all of us were just vaping PG only, VG only or just a specific PG/VG mix and no other flavorings and/or additives... then each juice would be pretty close to the same... but that isn't the case. The other "stuff" will still be a part of the equation we can't take into account for implicitely.

The tempurature of the area that we have are PV's in also plays a big role... as the temperature increases the e-liquid will thin out some... as it gets colder it will thicken up a bit. So differing viscosities will be playing a role that again we can't and don't take account for.

Altitude, air pressure and air density will also be some governing factors... Higher altitude locations have lower air density and pressure than the lower altitude ones... Air pressure changes caused by weather as well as other changes that happen in the different seasons have their role...

I don't propose that we all take measurements for these other factors... just that we keep them in the back of our mind when discussing these issues and not let the differences we see and report suprise us.

Randy

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
rdosk, everything you mentioned are real things many dont take into consideration, the juice, the ingredients, the pg/ratio, the blends, the temp, the pressure of where you live, all can change things. some people are using juices that simply arent great in many systems as well, so many factors to look at, not just with this product but in general.'

you all know the juices i use, in front of dano i filled so many cartos of all types even the bridgless attys and the new hybrid 510 atties we got in , in the last week and just vaped them, left them alone, went back to them, no issues, so when i see posts here with issues it makes me wonder what they are using, what they are vaping, how they are vaping, how are they filling etc.., there is alot to take in and wonder what is going on.

Last edited:

Pb7213

Nov 29, 2011
Ny
Thanks for the help guys, and BAD I totally agree there are so many factors involved. I have only been vaping for 9 months so its just a learning curve. As far as the TC, i will continue to view any videos you guys release cause i really like your products. Its funny, before i started with the bottom coils i has all these cartomizers for me 510 & 808, now its like all i use is the PHOENIX BOTTOM COILS. and im sitting here starring at all my older cartos saying, man i wish i hadnt bought so many LOL. HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND ALL! CIAO!

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
i love the bottom coils phoenix, ALOT ALOT ALOT, they just vape so perfectly for me, ow i love top coils too so dont get me wrong, each has its own pluses, warmer vape etc.. but i love the bottom coil phoenix's alot. to me the top coil is also working very well but lately im more into a less warmer vape and the bottom coil gives me just enough warmth without feeling toasty since i dont like certain flavors to be warm to hot, like fruits and such, i need those to be cooler but not cold.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
guys ill get into more technically stuff on each product, hopefully his will guide more people, but give me some time as today is my first free day in 19 months and im still finalizing some stuff here for the business before i can work on videos, so hopefully in the next day or by monday we should be good to go and i can work on many videos on every product we have and since youtube is now letting the videos go for much longer now, ill make sure they are in depth.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
the first one i tried after the first fill i decided to take it apart and loa and behold i busted it because you can remove the bottom piece because of the wire, and that was my mistake, so be it i through it in the trash no big deal.

You didn't break it, the wires are not soldered all you had to do was push it back on the base and it would've worked.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
i love the bottom coils phoenix, ALOT ALOT ALOT, they just vape so perfectly for me, ow i love top coils too so dont get me wrong, each has its own pluses, warmer vape etc.. but i love the bottom coil phoenix's alot. to me the top coil is also working very well but lately im more into a less warmer vape and the bottom coil gives me just enough warmth without feeling toasty since i dont like certain flavors to be warm to hot, like fruits and such, i need those to be cooler but not cold.

I've been a hard core CE2 type user for about a year. I've had the last several versions; and they get better all the time. But I'm really, really liking the bottom coil Phoenix.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The BC has no gurgling and the TC definitely does even after 10 minutes of sitting. The vapor and TH are awesome, though, so if there is a way to fix the over wicking I am all ears. Otherwise It's back to the BCs for me:)
I hope you never stop carrying the BCs, they are just perfect....but I just can't help to chase that dragon;)

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
me too, me too.

i also noticed something as well, had a few people over the house, and the same unit was passed aorund

THIS IS IMPORTANT and i should have discussed this but wanted to save it for a video
8 people passing around a bottom coil phoenix, a top coil, a dct 6.5 , a vivi nova and a stardust
watching movies and vaping. But i was watching each person as they vaped each unit
the first MAJOR thing i noticed, not everyone vaped the same and that caused different vapor production for each person.

these are smokers and ex smokers so they know how to draw on a analog.
one person would pull to hard, the other would pull to lightly and get little vapor, then another would do it like i do and it works flawlessly, one would take a drag and get very little vapor but then i try and its huge, then i would have to explain to him how to draw properly, i know that sounds silly but its happened many times through the year with other people, using the ame unit and passing it around, this happens even with stick styles, but put a analog in their hand and they can billow out smoke with no issue but yet need to customize how they vape on the same product i will that works flawlessly.

AFter i would show them how to do it properly they would have have tons of vapor and then they got it and where able to replicate it.

2 of them are vapors, and they had the hardest time, becuase they 1 only drips so he was pulling on each unit as if he was dripping and on some units that doesnt work well, some cartos need you to pull.draw lightly, some other harder, some have a lighter draw so you can pull harder, some units have a tighter draw and how you vape needs to change for that unit as well.

so i will get into this subject in more detail soon i hope.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
The BC has no gurgling and the TC definitely does even after 10 minutes of sitting. The vapor and TH are awesome, though, so if there is a way to fix the over wicking I am all ears. Otherwise It's back to the BCs for me:)
I hope you never stop carrying the BCs, they are just perfect....but I just can't help to chase that dragon;)

ill make a video later on or in the morning that assists you all on that. i do have a simple fix but it will require a middle plug, this will cause you to push down on it with the dript ip so its pressed firmly against the cup, but ill show you all how to without adding a small center plug.

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
Since I finally had some free time I gave the Phx top coil another try. This time I removed the stock gasket thing and used a black o-ring from the Fluxo Delux. I also fluffed the wicks and made sure they were separated on each side of the cup. Now not having any flooding issues and only slight gurgling which went away as the juice level dropped below the cup. The 1st one I tried that leaked out onto my counter had to been a defective unit. Anyone that is having the gurgling issue try to separate the wicks so they are not touching each other as this could be what is causing these to over wick.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I have noticed that the slower you fill them, the better, especially as you get near the top. Because as you fill, the air you are displacing only has 2 places it can go. Either out the tiny hole on the cup seal, or down the center tube. If you fill too fast, the air doesn't have a chance to vent before juice climbs up the wick, and floods the cup. The new Fluxos, with the nipple type cup seals, have a large opening on the side of the cup seal to vent air as you fill.

I think you've nailed it - I think it's a pressure issue (I can see juice working its way up the fill hole), and filling slowly is a good tip. I think I also might try making the fill holes just a tiny bit larger by using a larger diameter needle.

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
I've had my TC's for a day and overall I've found them disappointing. First off, I opened the box and did not receive the whistle tip, which actually bothered me a bit since I was looking forward to having an alternative. Hopefully I'll still get one. Initially, the vape was great, then within the first hour the gurgling and leakage from the battery end started. If I chain vaped, all was good, but set it down for 5 minutes and it would need to be blown out. After sitting overnight, there was at least a few drops worth of leakage on the battery connection end. I'm rather surprised that if these were tested as thoroughly as advertised that these issues weren't encountered somewhere along the way, seeing as how there were posts on here by multiple users within the first day of them arriving. I may try trimming the wicks or adjusting the seal on the rest I have but prefer my vaping as hassle free as possible.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
hant had a chance to get any yet but i would also recommend the whistle tip - if its like the others i have gotten and i am sure it is - the center of the mp is closed off and it takes the vapor in from a small channel on one side. the bonus to this is that it will block any coil splatter and if you make sure the air opening is always tward the top there is almost no way to get juice to come through to your mouth. on the down side the is a small chamber under the piece in the tip with the hole in it and this space can collect some condensation and is hard to clean out. you can pull out the small end piece with the hole in it opening this space so you can get a tissue in there might open up the draw too if yours seems restricted.
i have been using tips like this for a while and like them better then regular drip tips on all my smaller and regular size stuff. save my regular dt for my tanks and such lol

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am putting my TCs away for now, I can't handle the juice in my mouth from the over wicking. If a solution is found for this issue, I will bust them out again. For now, the BCs work flawless and give me no issues, no juice in mouth, great flavor and TH. It's a shame, because the warmer vape is nice... just not worth the hassle. Good flavor and vapor too...

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was wondering what gotvapes cone fits the phoenix bottom coil for a ego? Their just a little to thick for the standard cone.

They have one on their site specifically meant for clearos. Search for cone and it will be in the search results:)

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
Why hasn't anyone come up with the idea of an offset airtube that does the same as a telephone cable "drip loop" like was mentioned earlier int this thread? That way, if it over-wicks, the juice simply drips back into the reservoir, and not down the air tube. Make the airtube come up beside the coil, then bend back down to where it opens up sideways beneath the coil, that way, even if it IS laid on it's side, if it overwicks, it may only get half a drop or less into the airtube, but it would be sucked back up and vaporized on the next toot. Food for thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread