The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Introducing 'the Mako' PV coming soon.....

Discussion in 'Moju Republic' started by smokindeuce, Oct 6, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Scamz

Scamz Super Member ECF Veteran

tbh i have heard so many people using unprotected and having no problems...

how long do you think using the unprotected ones would last at 6V?

2. e-pipeman

e-pipeman Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    Hi folks - back again! Time for my final judgement on the minno/midi/maksi pre-production model using an 801 adapter.

EXCELLENT!

A very flexible device - the range of sizes means that it's easy to use on any occasion. Mine came in a handy black carrying tin that fits in the pocket neatly - so you don't have to chose which size you want until you reach your destination. It delivers consistently smooth vapour and I have not had any issues with misfiring switch etc.. One small point - it is perhaps slightly too easy to rotate the switch end disc when in use (which will lock it). This is probably just my pudgy fingers but if it were tightened slightly that would be an improvement to me. Other than that it's just great - the parts are all very cleanly machined and screw and unscrew smoothly and easily. Marks out of 10 - 9.9 (the switch thing). Very, very good indeed!

3. smokindeuce

smokindeuce Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi E-Pipeman!

Thanks for the rave review on the Mako and points noted. ;)

With the brass switch which will be the standard, the button locking system seems to lock in place a lot better. :)

I will now go and post this in the review section - thanks again! :)

4. Scamz

Hey smokindeuce you said that you will be releasing the mako sometime near the end of january. Well we are just 2 days off half way through and i was wondering if you have any release dates or anything planned. Its just my PS PT just failed and i am finding it hard to go back to just a 3.7V device. thanks

5. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Sorry to hear your passthru just packed up Scamz....:(

The way things keep getting delayed with the Mako, I don't want to give you a fixed date that might disappoint. There have been so many changes/improvements along the way that always seem to add time.

Our focus is of course getting the best possible incarnation of the Mako to market in the quickest possible timeframe. This means that rather than giving a sub-par product more quickly, we are taking on board suggestions etc all the time to make it better than it already is. :)

For instance the latest amendment to the 901 atomiser connection has been to adjust the connector slightly so that it will be abe to accomodate cartomisers. It's small details like this that will make the end Mako even better, but for now, add a few days here and there to the finish date unfortunately. :(

So current estimates are for February (hopefully early part), but until then anything could change. ;)

6. Scamz

okay mate thats fine. I think i'm going to order a Copper in the meantime. its only 35 quid, thats fine. It takes the same batts as the mako. how much are you thinking of selling the "bare bones kit"?

7. IdolLurker

IdolLurker Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Florida USA
    Could you please tell me if the 901 is the atomizer of choice that will come in the kit with the MAKSI 5V? I definitely want something that will go HV and the goal is more taste than a throat hit....will the 901 at 5V do it for such a NOOB :confused:as me?

BTW - Celebrating my first 15 days off analogues - miraculous :w00t:. I even found 2 packs of analogues in my car today under the seat and gave them away....I owe it all to tasty e-cigs and support from everyone.

8. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK

Hi Idol,

You will actually be able to select your connector of choice (510, 801, 901/KR808) with each Mako. 901 @ 5V does it for me - very nice.... really this is one of personal preference though., but you can't really go wrong with the 901 IMO. :)

That's great news - it's such a liberating feeling - I was the same... had loads of cigarettes/tobacco around me but with absolutely no inclination to smoke the stuff once I got hooked with vaping. Good stuff! :D

9. Scamz

Have you stuck to your original dimensions or have they changed with all the tweeks you have made? thanks

10. Fishman7

Fishman7 Senior Member Verified Member

Jan 7, 2010
    FT. LAUDERDALE FL
    when can we get our hands on these

you know we are like kids just before Christmas

i cant wait much longer !!!! the Mako looks like it will be a great unit

hhhmmm he said Unit

11. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany NRW
    getting nervous 2, after the NY video i decided that i must have one midi/maksi 510
    incl. batteries for both sleeves.

just not sure about the finish, metal or black powdercoated, hmmmm.
    anyway, i should get the 1st that heads to germany. can we work that out somehow ?

:)

12. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    LOL - tell me about it! My anticipation levels have shot right through the roof.... still we're making headway and are still on target for February all going smoothly. :)

The finish of the sleeves is either a black or natural anodise, so pretty durable, and very low maintenance.

If you are looking at getting both the midi and maksi, you could always have one of each finish. The sleeves will be available separately (in both finishes) should you decide at a later date that you want a change. ;)

In terms of you being the first German customer, I can't guarantee that for certain, but I will announce on this thread first to give you a distinct advantage. :)

13. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany NRW
    i think you are right, i may have to order 2 sets anyway. :D

i got a Bully Extreme, wife wants a BullySlim. i got an SB, wife wants a BB. i got an eGo....you know what happened. ;)

so, why pay twice for shipping again.

14. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK

You didn't get rid of her did you? 8-o:p:D

15. IdolLurker

IdolLurker Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Florida USA
    Just wondering in your "tweeking" of the final product if you will make it so that the draw is adjustable. I am coming off analogues and probably still vape like the chain smoker that I was - too hard. My 510 atty allows me to leave it a bit sloppy in the connection so I can adjust the draw and this helps me from getting juice into my mouth. While I am using a 510 now, the atty gets too hot and I really want to switch to the high voltage 901 atty you will have available when I get the Mako. I understand that the only way to get an adjustable draw with the 901 is to drill a hole in it. Other PV models have added some type of ring to allow for adjustable draw and I hope you have that available on the Mako.

16. Bigbuyer

Bigbuyer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    How the Mako coming along?
    Just want to get an idea of when.

17. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi Idol,

The draw isn't adjustable as such, but the atomiser connection will be adjustable. This in turn (with due experimentation) could help alter the draw somewhat. Being that the draw has never been an issue for me, I haven't played around with that side of things.

I'll try a few experiments and see what I find.... :)

18. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi Bigbuyer :)

I realised that after all the parts are manufactured, we're going to have to sort the engraving (separate process) out immediately after..... if there are any delays with the engraving, it could affect the deadline. :(

So I'll do my best to prepare them in advance for the parts and see how it goes.... sticking to the original date, I hope that all will be finished in February. I can't be more specific than this I'm afraid without running the risk of being completely and utterly wrong.... ;)

19. Thyestean

Thyestean Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2009
    Upstate NY
    As long as you're careful to never state anything in a definitive manner you can never be wrong. ;)

I once thought I was wrong but then realized I was mistaken :D

20. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK

Well I think you are most certainly possibly maybe right.....:p:D

The Mako will be ready for release most possibly maybe but not necessarily in February 2010. :D

P.S. Wouldn't I make a great politician! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.