Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsuzuki

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Katy, Texas
image.jpg

Patiently awaiting my Simplicity 18500.

Dual 10 wrap 28ga 3/32 coils est 1.0 to 1.2 ohm each.
My target is half an ohm, this guy is going to rock!

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Now all I need is Nach to get a build thread going with details for dummies like me. :p

I second this :D I tried something similar to the Ophion yesterday and failed miserably :lol: right now I've got just a single coil going and, while it's not too bad, it's still not quite the kind of vape it should be

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
Also, for those who get a warm button on really low subohm coils, I've found you can interlace two springs (I interlaced one HD and one regular), and add one washer to the switch post (need to add a washer or the springs bind before the switch makes contact with the battery) and it improves the amperage carrying ability of the switch.

David,

I emailed Super-T about a hot button issue I'd been having, well pretty much since I got my ELA. They told me my button was dirty (which is not the case) and to sand the inside with 400 grit.

To be honest I felt the response was kinda lame and was disappointed.

I mean I can just use my satburn switch but can't you guys come up with something besides telling my to sand my ELA switch.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Set up the Strata with dual 30awg twisted coils at about 0.3ohm. Kept the coils spread a bit, 6wraps around an 18awg needle with hollow Ekowool threaded around the tip. I used one continuous piece of wire for the whole build. Kind of a PITA to build, but...

This is vaping fantastic!

I really think micro coils don't do as well in the Strata due to the way air comes into the chamber. Ita not coming directly in on the coils like most other atomizers.

Sent from my Windows Phone, because iPhone can suck it...

ETA: The TH is BIG and the vapor is decent off this build. REAL warm as well. The TH on the first couple pulls if you haven't been vaping a bit is nearly too much. Might have to play with getting more air, or wrapping a touch higher.

Last edited:

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Sounds good! Do you have any pics you'd like to share for us awaiting our Strata's?

I don't see why not! :)

Here's my P+ 18650 w/ Strata. Great match on the finishes!
2cxyzbd.jpg

Here's my build...it looks a bit sloppy, but who cares if it works this well!?!
33djdzn.jpg

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
pics? I'd like to see a review!! :vapor:

I've only had one good build so far, and only had it since Friday! :p

ETA: For the P+ users, are you using the longer post now, if you've received it? I'm currently using the Sony 30A's which are flat-top. I can fire them w/ about 4 washers, but it's a LONG throw, and does require a bit more pressure to the switch than is comfortable for regular firing.

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I've only had one good build so far, and only had it since Friday! :p

ETA: For the P+ users, are you using the longer post now, if you've received it? I'm currently using the Sony 30A's which are flat-top. I can fire them w/ about 4 washers, but it's a LONG throw, and does require a bit more pressure to the switch than is comfortable for regular firing.

Hasn' shown up yet (still in shipping notification)...but I plan on it...with the AW IMR 18650, I can only fit 3 washers on the current switch post...and it's a super long throw that's pretty uncomfortable...
Thats kinda why I was thinking of switching to the 18500 + kick as well... dunno how well the strata will perform with that though...

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Outstanding for sure... I have been using a Kick2 since their release with 0 issues.....
Just ordered a kick2 and some AW 18500s....we'll see....perhaps they'll get here before the strata, since that's still in shipping notification (I hope the USPS is just being lazy with their scans or their software is broken)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread