Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
*sigh*
Still only electronic shipping notification....
This kanthal wire is starting to look cold, lonely, and forlorn....

J/k...

On the shipping thread David said strata were going out P+ versions first, simplicities second (there was a break in that while some simplicities went out while longer switch posts were done for the P+ orders), and then the ela versions.....
Because of how the machine has to be set up for each verson...
So first or last matters less than which version...

I'm pretty sure I'm the latest to the party...order 18504 on 2/19....but I ordered a P+ version...hence the fact I got my shipping notification on 3/5

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I'm sure the wait will be well worth it! I've been psyched since they were announced.

Hell I've been psyched since the first glimpse of the original prototype anouncement....a thread way back before the simplicity and ELA were even out and it was shown as one unit instead of a replacement top cap for existing devices....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ldable-atomizer-integrated-tank-pv-print.html

Damn I feel like a stalker recalling a thread post made in May of 2012....
Goes to show David's level of perfection in getting things just right and to his standards...year plus r/d on it...fantastic

Last edited:

High Voltage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Detroit, MI
*sigh*

J/k...

On the shipping thread David said strata were going out P+ versions first, simplicities second (there was a break in that while some simplicities went out while longer switch posts were done for the P+ orders), and then the ela versions.....

I'm pretty sure I'm the latest to the party...order 18504 on 2/19....but I ordered a P+ version...hence the fact I got my shipping notification on 3/5
I read that post and understood it, the part that annoys me (and really only slightly, it's hard to convey exact sentiments via typed communications) is that the P+ version (and ELA) were supposed to be pre-orders, and the Simplicity version was to be posted for sale when they were completed(or very close to it)....thus they would be the first to ship, followed by the others. Now there was an issue with the post length on the P+, so the Simplicty (for some people) is delayed even more, while that is addressed....Thus my frustration.

I get that Super-T is a very small operation-and I love their product(the only devices I use are my Simplicity, and P+16). I deal with makers of custom items all the time, and waiting isn't an issue. I'm just mildly frustrated. My KFLs are working fine, I'm looking forward to eventually getting the Strata, and doing some experimenting.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I read that post and understood it, the part that annoys me (and really only slightly, it's hard to convey exact sentiments via typed communications) is that the P+ version (and ELA) were supposed to be pre-orders, and the Simplicity version was to be posted for sale when they were completed(or very close to it)....thus they would be the first to ship, followed by the others. Now there was an issue with the post length on the P+, so the Simplicty (for some people) is delayed even more, while that is addressed....Thus my frustration.

I get that Super-T is a very small operation-and I love their product(the only devices I use are my Simplicity, and P+16). I deal with makers of custom items all the time, and waiting isn't an issue. I'm just mildly frustrated. My KFLs are working fine, I'm looking forward to eventually getting the Strata, and doing some experimenting.
Like I said I think I was the last kid in the pool as far as the P+ version goes, and got my shipping notice....so while he was part of the way into the simplicities while the P+ switches were done....I'm fairly certain the P+ is done and he's back into the simplicities now...
Think he said the other day that he was only off the last shipping update by a day...expected the P+ to be done monday or tuesday...I got my shipping notification Wed....

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
*sigh*

J/k...

The rest of the P+ versions will go out today so your tracking should update within one day or less. The only P+ that aren't shipping are those ordered along with an ELA version, (there wasn't a lot of the combo's) but those will ship starting later next week as the ELA will be completed by mid week and shouldn't take but a couple days to get those combos out. After the combos are out, then we'll start shipping the ELA ones. Simplicity statas and simplicities are shipping too all the while. We are working on a batch of 30 now.

Nighthawk76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Edmonton
Can I suggest that the shipping questions go to a different thread, or we start a new one for Strata builds? I experimented until darn near midnight until I had a build I was somewhat happy with. Ended up with dual 26g micro coils, sitting on a "cloud", ohm'd out at .5. I have found that I need to keep the coils raised about 3mm above the deck to get a milder TH (I'm on 6mg) as having them even with the deck was too harsh. Vapor production amazing...dense and smooth, flavour outstanding. I am loving how versitile this is, but hating how big my hands are. As I have a few of these on order, I am pretty sure I'll be getting the posts one one of them EDM'd to allow a flat head slot.

Tonight I'll try again with the ophion (had zero luck last night) and Path's build. Cheers gang.

Barefoot Joe

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
Grand Cayman
Can I suggest that the shipping questions go to a different thread, or we start a new one for Strata builds? I experimented until darn near midnight until I had a build I was somewhat happy with. Ended up with dual 26g micro coils, sitting on a "cloud", ohm'd out at .5. I have found that I need to keep the coils raised about 3mm above the deck to get a milder TH (I'm on 6mg) as having them even with the deck was too harsh. Vapor production amazing...dense and smooth, flavour outstanding. I am loving how versitile this is, but hating how big my hands are. As I have a few of these on order, I am pretty sure I'll be getting the posts one one of them EDM'd to allow a flat head slot.

Tonight I'll try again with the ophion (had zero luck last night) and Path's build. Cheers gang.

Sounds like great results. I have been hesitant to try dual coils because of the low resistance on an 18350 battery. Are those using dual coils using an 18500 or 18650 battery?

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I read somewhere that the AW 350s actually have a higher amperage rating than the others, or was it the 500. Anyway its odd because one would assume the 650 would have higher amp load specs.

Aw 700mAh IMR 18350 ....6A
AW 1100mAh IMR 18490......16.5A
AW 1600 mAh IMR 18650......24A
AW 2000 mAh IMR 18650......10A

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sounds like great results. I have been hesitant to try dual coils because of the low resistance on an 18350 battery. Are those using dual coils using an 18500 or 18650 battery?

I've run them no problem with an AW IMR 18350. We've put a continuous load amperage of 20amps on them in our CBIII tester with no problems with the battery, however, this is beyond the manufacturers specs so we don't recommend it.

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Thanks for the clarification, that makes more sense. It seemed very wrong when I read that somewhere on the threads.

Yeah it's that pesky 200mAh 18650 that goes all wonky...it's more of a hybrid that sacrifices some of it's high drain for more mAh....and drops it's amp rating below the IMR 18490 or 18500 (same cell really)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread