• Its way more expensive than smoking

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
Id say the costs should compaired against roll ups since most refill carts etc. Secondly, if you would have bought the cigs from net from the first place they would have been cheaper. So really what most have done is exchanged personal effort to drive the costs down. That is not to say that I would consider e-cigs expensive but I don't think there is tolerance to collect any meaningful amount of taxes etc. without compromising quality.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I have stuffed my own cigarettes, and I really don't think that you can compare refilling your carts to that in terms of time and/or effort needed. I find that vaping is considerably less effort than stuffing your own. Probably even if I count my hunt for the perfect storage ;)

And I don't really want to count the time I spend in forums in – because it is not exactly as if I had not spent time in forums before, you know.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
You'll be buying a new Mercedes with your savings soon at that rate :D

My savings aren't that dramatic, but I have reduced my cost by about 50%. And if I start mixing my own juices, it's go down a lot more.

Even with the U.S. auto company's problems, I'm still a Chevy guy. I'd rather have a nice shiny new black Camaro, than a Mercedes, BMW or any other Euromobile.

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
If the batteries and attys lasted as long as advertised it would be cheaper. If the cart was equal to a pack of cigs like some vendors claim it would be way cheaper. There are only a couple who claim that, it is a absolute lie.:evil: If someone claims there carts last that long do not buy anything from them. For me, so far it is about the same. Mostly due to faulty batteries and my atty abuse.:cool:

Haytoni

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
N.W. Florida
Just started early this month, so I have nothing to base it on, along with the cost etc.......however, I have heard that another tax will be imposed on all tobacco products, before spring is out, now I don't know if this is just hear-say or factual. That alone would make me stick with what I started on. Here- where I live it's over 6.00 dollars a pack. In the north where my son lives, it's over 7, he decided to roll his own, I don't know if it's cheaper or not. AS of this date I have spent app. 260.. dollars, hoping in a couple months it will all pay off, least it has as far as my health, stopped coughing .... and what made me change over was the additive (fire ......ant) they put in the things a few months back. Don't know what they have in those things anymore.

antism

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago Suburbs
Juice to Pack o' Analogs, vaping is MUUUUCH cheaper. $150-$200/month for analogs. Jeez. Now it's more like $15-$20/month for juice.

Hardware, on the the other hand, is the real cost here. I generally spend ~$100/month on new HW (mods/batts/attys, etc). Thus I voted about the same. I'm sure once I build up more of a collection these expenditures will drop.

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
Depending on where you live, it could be cheaper or more expensive.
The price of cigarettes in your area determine the bottomline.

I live in NJ and cigarettes are quite expensive here. In the beginning I was obsessed with getting new toys every week, so I was just breaking even. After a while, the obsession will level off and you will start to save money. So far, I have saved about $1500.00 and will not need any supplies for a few more months. Naturally, each week my savings grow by $70.00.

The real bottom line is - can you put a price on your health??

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
The real bottom line is - can you put a price on your health??

Maybe not, but most people's pockets have limits. If mine had not, I sure would not buy almost all of my food at a cheap supermarket …

You need to calculate the cost of smoking, and very roughly what vaping will cost you at least. The latter figure will inevitably change, because before or at the beginning it's hard to estimate. Still, it does give you an idea.

My initial calculation (which was way off) was:
  • 25-30 Euros per week smoking (stuffed myself.)
  • At the most, one new atty per week and one battery every two weeks: 14 Euros. (That was the bit where I was really off - they last a lot longer.)
  • 2ml of juice per day at around 50 cents/ml: 7 Euros.
  • Result: 21 Euro max vs. 25-30 Euros. Still saves money. Start to vape!

Of course, I somehow did not add in my need for security, read, at the very least half a dozen spares, and that I would vape at least half a dozen flavours at any given time, which I do prefer in ready-to-vape PVs next to me. OTOH, of course, those will last longer than if I'd just use one or two atties or batteries.

So in the end, I had a lot more costs at the beginning than I calculated. I will have a lot less, though, in the long run. Still a good deal.

Tuesday

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
USA
I was smoking Capri cigarettes, very expensive at $70.00 per carton or 7.00/day. I know I am not spending that much on e-cigs. Once you buy your e-cigarettes then all you have to buy is e-liquid and extra parts for the e-cig.
The e-liquids last for a week at whatever price you like, I have purchased very good liquids at 12.00-15.00 per bottle and that is VG liquid.
I am happy with my savings over analogs, plus I am receiving a health benefit worth how much??? Not sure you can put an price tag on this. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread