• Its way more expensive than smoking

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stressedOUT

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
Jersey Shore, new jersey
Its definitly cheaper! Well for some that is. But for the ones, like myself and many others i know on here, we have to buy EVERYTHING! The newest, best of the best mods, accessories, all of it! Tackle boxes, drawers, bins all filled with all types of things we will probably never use but just cant part with. Iveoinly been at it for about 2 and a half months and already have 2 large tackle boxes, 2 shoe boxes (mens size 11) and an aray of different things on the dresser, in the batroom, on the coffee table, just about everywhere you look. Of course nothing with nicotine in it tho, gotta watch out for the kiddies! I couldnt imagin what the ones like me have who have been vaping for awhile now! I know i can see my house being taken over by anything electronic cigarettes in about 6 more months! But i believe we are still ahead of the game over buying analogs, or at least i like to think that way! Happy vaping!

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
We all have the same dilemma, sort of: it can be cheaper if you simply settle into an equipment and liquid routine. One PV, and one or two liquids. But like most hobbies, we tend to go overboard, especially early on and want to try and buy new flavors and shiny new devices, which is what keeps us from saving as much as we could from the expense of analogs. Even so, I still think it is cheaper in the long run and definitely cleaner and safer. So if I break even, I am happy at this point.

PapaBloog

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
Fontana, CA
For those competely switched over to vaping from smoking. I used to spend around $200 and up a month for cigarettes. I totally quit this month and started vaping, and Ive stocked up with around $700 in supplies and juices. I will need to see how long that gets me before Ill know if its cheaper for me or not.

I put out a post on this very same topic: ► Do e-cigs really save money? My answer is yes - but, not initially. Once you have successfully navigated the plethra of options, flavors, kits and have settled on one - then, it becames a matter of restocking what you like. OTOH, some of us turn this into a hobby and continuously explore new devices, methods, juices --

Me personally? I break even Jan 19; at which point, I estimate no more than $40/mo in maintenance fees. This represents an 80% reduction in operating costs as compared with my prior analog habit...

PapaBloog

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
Fontana, CA
Caveat: I'm done trying everything. done, done.

LOL! Famous last words? Once you've put behind you your past-life addiction - caution is paramount as to not turn this into a hobby! I myself am finding it pretty damn hard NOT to want to try anything new! I knew I was trading one addiction for another when I got into vaping... but, all that hardware is just so sexy!

stressedOUT

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
Jersey Shore, new jersey
For me its definitly not my spending habits. Just like Papabloog said, that hardware is just so sexy! I never had a hobby, till now, so I never spent money on something a tad bit different than what I already have. In fact, I never spend anything that isn't necesary unless I have a good coupon! And even with vaping I wait till it goes on sale. I can easily walk past that beautiful dress or really cute pair of shoes, but I can not get that georgous new mod out of my head or that forget about that rave review on a new juice. Funny how things work! I guess because vaping works so well and its such a quick moving technology, I've found it easy to get caught up in it and want to learn more about it and try every way of using everything! But if I spent money vaping the way I do with daily life, I would have just enough to get me by.
So for me, its far from my spending habits but more of love for vaping and all the new technology that is coming out! Its so enjoyable to read about a new option in an upcoming mod, that makes my day! So wether or not I'm saving money in the long run, I don't really care because I'm happy and healthy!

DesiG

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Rochester NY
For the first 2 months it seemed more expensive than smoking, but I just finished with my next couple of months supply order and spent about $110. Analogs were $9-10 a pack when I quit, and I smoked about a pack per day, so a months supply of analogs would have cost about $300. Now that I have the hardware I like, all I spend money on is my carto's and the juice- and since I have found my daily flavors and the vendor that I like (Velvet Vapors raspberry ginger ale, strawberry champagne, raspberry and bear claw) My monthly spending is way down. I am using my puresmoker V3, and my Inferno, and have BE510 cartos in HR and SR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread