Status
Not open for further replies.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I have a v3 Blue (from Elev8) that functioned flawlessly (no multiple button clicks to fire from sleep, no phantom screen appearances, no -.1 in wattage settings) until the screen decided it was going to go dead and never come back on.

I used it for about 10 days. Then when I went to pick it up, the screen was out. It still fired, and I could still lock/unlock it, but I couldn't read anything on the screen at all. It was dead.

I contacted Elev8 about it, and received a response a couple of hours later. They just said to return it and they'd send me a replacement.

No problems, no hassle.

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Texas, US of A
Thx for linking that thread....peeps can go there also to read/post and there are others threads out there where issues are posted.... if you want to link other threads that discuss issues that would be great..

You're welcome. I just want people to see all the information available to them, be it good or bad. :) I'll see what else that can be found..

windnsea26

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
San Diego, CA
I have a v3 Blue (from Elev8) that functioned flawlessly (no multiple button clicks to fire from sleep, no phantom screen appearances, no -.1 in wattage settings) until the screen decided it was going to go dead and never come back on.

I used it for about 10 days. Then when I went to pick it up, the screen was out. It still fired, and I could still lock/unlock it, but I couldn't read anything on the screen at all. It was dead.

I contacted Elev8 about it, and received a response a couple of hours later. They just said to return it and they'd send me a replacement.

No problems, no hassle.

I had the same problem with one from Elev8vape but mine died in 24 hours. They were very quick to remedy the problem. Definitely purchasing from again. Already pre-ordered an IPV2 from them just cause I feel comfortable with them.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Posting a few posts from other forums:

From VU:

July 7:
Whenever I attach an atomizer it will fire as soon as contact is made between the device and the atomizer. This will happen even if the device screen is off. If I remove the atomizer everything functions as it should and displays check atomizer when fired. With the atomizer attached and turned on it will still heat up and keep burning until it is detached. Anyone know whats going on?

July 10:
Just be carefull all my Cana Mod caught fire and I had no warning no sticking of the fire button it was scary and I am not scared by much.
If that Mod is fireing by itself like Joe said its probably the firing button but to fix it is not an easy task they are hot glued in return it and do not use that thing unless you want Modfire

From reddit:

18 days ago:
My Hana Modz Clone decided it wanted to continuously fire with out me touching it tonight. I was playing diablo 3 and it was sitting on my desk unplugged and I herd it firing. I had to unscrew the back cover and remove the battery. I was using vtc 5's and got the battery out within a minute or so. It fires continuously no matter what battery I put in it. It also continues to try to fire without an atomizer (shows check atomizer like I'm holding the button down) on it. I wouldn't trust leaving a battery in theses things any more. If I hadn't been right in front of it would have fired until the battery died or it vented or burned my house down. I've had zero issues with it until tonight, so if you have one keep an eye on it.

And a recent one from ECF:

July 7:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...0w-box-mod-owners-thread-62.html#post13615137

Let me tell you guys be careful with this mod. Mine is going back to 101 vape. Got home this morning from work to use it and it was locked. Tried to unlock it and it would not unlock. Put my kayfun back on it and it's firing it with it locked and by itself. Took the battery out immediately and contacted 101 vape and they sent a return stamp. Will see if the replacement works any better. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

DrVonDeafingson

Jul 5, 2014
NE Ohio
Got mine 2 days ago. No issues to report yet.

dy4y6aba.jpg

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Already pre-ordered an IPV2 from them just cause I feel comfortable with them.

Me too.

Have had nothing but good service. Getting the Blue took much longer than I wanted, but it seems that was a manufacturing issue, not a vendor issue.

They've been great through the whole process. Their customer service replies have always been very fast, and they've done exactly what I've asked every time I asked something of them (Cana color change from Black to Blue, color change on IPV2 from Silver to Blue, and now the return request for this dead-screened Cana).

I'd definitely buy from again and again.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Mine dna30 works just fine thanks for asking

I guess somebody does not like this mod... it's getting kind of tiring seeing all the posts reminding us you don't like this mod.

No mod is going to be perfect and with as many that are out there I just feel you are over the top just a tad...

Last post this drama is not for me.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Mine dna30 works just fine thanks for asking

I guess somebody does not like this mod... it's getting kind of tiring seeing all the posts reminding us you don't like this mod.

No mod is going to be perfect and with as many that are out there I just feel you are over the top just a tad...

Last post this drama is not for me.
My REO is perfect ! :D C'mon man, drama is fun man :D How are you Rick ?

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Please take your intentionally injected drama elsewhere.... lets remain on topic.... thx

From this post: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...50-issue-cloupor-hana-clone.html#post13523402

Hello fellow vapors, I have been lurking the forums for a while but I have never posted :p
Recently, I sold a buddy of mine a black DNA30 clone that I purchased from a vendor called WetVapes.
After I used the mod for about 3 weeks everything was perfect, no issues and I sold it to him.
He just called me to tell me that he had an iClear 30S on it because it was the only tank he had and he ran out of kanthal while building 2 new coils for his Helios RDA.
ANYWAYS he tried to fire the iClear 30S at 7 watts, and the mod said it was too hot and it started smoking! Immediately he pulled out his battery after removing the back panel (SONY VTC4 30 AMP CONTINUOUS). The screen was cracked, the battery was fine, so it appears that the chip got fried. We have no idea what the cause was so I just wanted to post this so those that have the Cloupor DNA 30 (NON UPDATED VERSION) (FIRST-SECOND BATCH) be very careful with these devices.

Here's a picture of the fried mod.

Last edited:

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Your post is noted and this thread was started so those who want to post issues they are having can do so. The list you mentioned that was posted in another thread was a compilation of other members posts of issues they were seeing. I do feel that this device shows a possibility of causing harm like no other I have seen or tested. You may not agree and that's fine. There are many threads in ECF that have been put up where issues of a specific device, juice, battery, atty, and etc. are posted and this is just another one of those threads.

It is my hope that this thread will remain on track and it is my hope that it does not get detracted by those that want to just inject drama. So I ask that we remain on topic here. My OP was very specific on what this threads intended purpose is.

Have you seen any reports of this device causing anyone any harm? There are thousands and thousands of these around the world and I myself have not heard any reports of even one of these devices causing anyone any harm.

You seemed overly concerned. Do you own stock in Hana Modz or something? Just how many times and in how many threads do you think you need to warn people? It seems as if you've done your due diligence but you just keep going on and on about the same things over and over. We get it. You think there could be a problem. We are duly warned.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Have you seen any reports of this device causing anyone any harm? There are thousands and thousands of these around the world and I myself have not heard any reports of even one of these devices causing anyone any harm.

You seemed overly concerned. Do you own stock in Hana Modz or something? Just how many times and in how many threads do you think you need to warn people? It seems as if you've done your due diligence but you just keep going on and on about the same things over and over. We get it. You think there could be a problem. We are duly warned.

He-He..... no I have no stock in Hana nor in Evolv for that matter.....and no I have not seen anybody posting harm.... overly concerned... no..... concerned... yes...many of the issues people are posting here, in other forums, and worldwide are what I would consider minor but should be addressed IMO. When a device, any device, will activate any of it's functions without human input it cannot be a good thing and IMO can lead to harm. Simply voicing the issues and concerns for all to see is just disclosure. Awareness is a good I think. Fore-warned is fore-armed. It may be happening to a small percentage of units, but we don't really know the scope here or worldwide nor do a majority of vapers post in forums. Being proactive rather than reactive IMO is a good approach.

My intention and goal was to raise awareness in a proactive posture and this thread was put up in this vain as well as giving others another thread to post issues in a more structured environment without the pages and pages of clutter and non-topic posts. My intention also was to attempt to take a passive role in this thread as long as drama didn't enter and just let posters who wanted to post issues have the opportunity to do so.

Last edited:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: IF you really have an interest in this thread, try posting again without the personal attack

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I've been following all Clouper clone threads since it was first offered for sale with high hopes that it might prove to be a safer device than a mechanical for new builders to use. While it is not at all reasonable to expect near perfection in a new device from a new chip maker all glitches are not created equal.

After three revisions Clouper seems to be either unwilling or unable to correct a ghost firing issue that leads to self-immolation. While everyone has their own judgements on what constitutes acceptable risk I would not have this device with a battery in it in my home nor could I recommend it to others with a clear conscience, particularly when there are other reasonably priced, well-reviewed, safer options available.

The Vape Team has some discussion about the Clouper clone issues starting at 6:00 in.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I've been following all Clouper clone threads since it was first offered for sale with high hopes that it might prove to be a safer device than a mechanical for new builders to use. While it is not at all reasonable to expect near perfection in a new device from a new chip maker all glitches are not created equal.

After three revisions Clouper seems to be either unwilling or unable to correct a ghost firing issue that leads to self-immolation. While everyone has their own judgements on what constitutes acceptable risk I would not have this device with a battery in it in my home nor could I recommend it to others with a clear conscience, particularly when there are other reasonably priced, well-reviewed, safer options available.

The Vape Team has some discussion about the Clouper clone issues starting at 6:00 in.

THX..... hadn't seen that one.... 6 minutes in thru 17 minutes seems to be the pertinent discussion for the subject of this thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread