Status
Not open for further replies.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
This has to be the most attacked mod out there by a select few.

Makes you question the motives behind their attention.

So a couple of reported issues (key word reported) but that is still based on how many are out there (1000's)

I have been using ver1 since they first landed here. I use it daily. Guess I am just lucky

Actually thanks to the op I feel even better about my dna30 clone. This would based on the negative reviews compared to the positive reviews. The positive reviews I have read far out number the negative reviews I have seen. As a rule people come to a forum to report issues not positives so for me with such few negatives being reported this must be a pretty decent unit when all is considered

Last edited:

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC

So a couple of reported issues (key word reported) but that is still based on how many are out there (1000's)

I have been using ver1 since they first landed here. I use it daily. Guess I am just lucky

You must be the luckiest SOB on the planet. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I do feel that this device shows a possibility of causing harm like no other I have seen or tested.

Seriously? I mean seriously?

We've got people posting on ECF about falling asleep on mechs and melting insulators/RDA parts, mech's auto-firing due to terrible switch design/incompatibility with certain batteries, and people running sub-ohm on Trustfire batteries etc, but the Cana's are the most dangerous thing going right now?. Riiiiiight.

There has never been a mod (that i've seen) that was more scrutinized in such a relatively short period of time.

I'm NOT saying there's not some issues with the mod, but the continued alarmism is getting old at this point.

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA
+1

… My final opinion is that the clone enclosure, battery holder, and buttons are good. The rest of the internals and 510 connector are not ready for prime time and may be dangerous.

Conclusion is that I cannot and will not recommend this device (logo or non-logo version).

Supporting information being added with this post: …
The supporting information will be discussed further down through a linked post. And then there was this

...I'll be less interested in this thread now and wish all you guys/gal the best in life....vape safe.... hope to see ya all in other threads on ECF....

But then on July 19th came
LOL.... you are mistaken about the "hating".... I've only researched, tested, and informed all of my results and my opinion.... I care for fellow vapers and when there are safety concerns I will speak up... I asked several times for anybody to dispute my findings and I would stand corrected.... none disputed ..... QUOTE]

So why or what does retird consider so important that he has continued. He posted 20+ concerns that went unchallenged until - I'm linking to a previous post for brevity -
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/552225-attack-hana-modz-clone-lets-wait-together-698.html#post13481615

And actually I liked this that he posted
Understand what you are saying.... vaping has inherent danger and we just need to understand, as best we can, what those dangers are and how to prevent bad things from happening. That's all.... anytime you have a battery, electronics, a coil, and etc. there is a possibility that things can happened. I believe we all just need to be educated about them.
And I totally agree.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Move on to another thread please, Cut it out in here

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
  • Deleted by classwife

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
  • Deleted by classwife

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
  • Deleted by classwife

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
  • Deleted by classwife

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
  • Deleted by classwife

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
......The list you mentioned that was posted in another thread was a compilation of other members posts of issues they were seeing.

Posting list compiled (edited and updated) from posts made by myself and many others in another thread. Some items have been deleted as they did not apply to the subject of this thread. (first release of the device).

Issues and/or comments reported either here or elsewhere:
1. Milling process of the enclosure allows “swirls” in the drip well and fire switch areas.
2. Removable back plate of the enclosure may not fit smoothly in all devices.
3. Screws used the back plate are of poor quality.
4. Threaded hole to receive the back plate screws are stripped on some devices.
5. 510 connector center pin is not properly sized in width thus allowing possible short circuits to occur with certain toppers. (revised center pin installed in later version release)
6. 510 connector not installed flush with the enclosure thus allowing slightly tilting of toppers on some devices.
7. Battery holder can become dislodged from enclosure due to the use of less effective attachment securing media.
8. USB port can be dislodged from enclosure due to use of less effective attachment securing media.
9. Fire/up/down buttons can become dislodged in some devices due to the use of less effective attachment media.
10. On some devices the attachment media used to secure the clone dna board in the enclosure is applied over board components that radiate heat during operation. This can allow heat buildup.
11. USB charging board led’s are not properly fitted and/or the enclosure does not allow easily visual indication of charge state.
12. When pressing the fire button to allow the unit to operate from sleep mode two or more presses are required.
13. When coming out of sleep mode it is noted that the wattage setting has changed on some devices requiring resetting the wattage each time the device comes out of sleep mode.
14. When the device is in locked mode and it comes out of sleep mode with the power lock function activated the power lock mode is no longer activated in some devices.
15. When the device is in sleep mode and left unattended it will come out of sleep mode without any button push by the user on some devices.
16. The on board temperature sensing circuit activates at a higher rate of occurrence compared to the real dna.
17. The ohm reading on the display does not accurately relay the true ohm reading of the coil it is measuring. The variance may be small or larger depending on the clone device as there is no consistent variation.
18. The voltage reading while firing displayed is different that the voltage actually reaching the coil.
19. The warranty contained in the instruction sheet indicated a manufacturer warranty of 90 days. This has not been confirmed however vendors warranty periods are all over the map from DOA to 7 weeks to ?????
20. (DELETED)
21. The Clone is reported by many to put out less power that the real dna at the same wattage setting. (DELETED)

Updated with additional items:

22. When charging in locked mode the clone may no longer unlock thus the device will no longer operate in any way. Removing and replacing the battery has no effect.
23.(DELETED)
24. When coming out of sleep mode the device will fire but the display is not showing anything as if the display is dead.
25. Device can fire without any human intervention.
26. While using device as a pass-thru the display quit working. Replacing the battery had no effect and the device still fired without the display until it quit firing altogether.
27. Unit will not display "Check Battery" when the battery is too low. It will just stop firing.

Noted that the users of the device posted what they were seeing and the list only reflects their personal experience and what they posted.

Last edited:

granolaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Skidegate, BC, Canada
granolaboy.net
Personally, I'm happy for threads like this. I was going to pull the trigger on one of these, but now, I just couldn't sleep at night knowing that thing had a battery in it.

And really, I know it's a cheap $60 clone and all, but this level of risk for a vaping device is unacceptable, even for the price. A Vamo for half the price isn't this dangerous...just what is the excuse for these hana clones? There isn't one. They should pull this mod from the market and fix their buttons and add a simple circuit for protection. There is cheap, and then there is just incompetence.

You guys can do what you want, but I've been into e-bikes and lithium batteries for a while now, and I absolutely will NOT screw around when it comes to any chemistry of lithium cells. There are long threads on the ebike forums with picture after picture of people's garages burned to the ground, and these guys are using expensive balance chargers and all the proper safety precautions.

edit: I'm not trying to stir up drama or scare tactics around lithium batteries. They can be quite safe if handled correctly and with the proper protection circuitry. But even with every precaution, there are still bad cells, bad circuitry, or someone makes a mistake and that's that. All I'm saying is these 30A cells are very powerful and they need to be treated with respect.

Losing everything so I can save $100 on a mod doesn't make sense to me.

And yes, I realize there are people on here running 0.2 ohm coils on ultrajunk batteries. Just because they're doing it wrong, doesn't mean we shouldn't do it right.

Last edited:

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Last Warning to all Cut it out

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Granolaboy, If I understand you post correctly you think lack of protection circuitry may be an issue. Cloupor's website lists these specifications (as of today):

Specifications:
1. Compact size ~ 3.1" x 2.1" x 1" Aluminum body
2. Custom milled display screen with a flush fit to the outside of the box
3. Uses a SINGLE 18650 Battery
4. Flush 510 connector
5. Flush dome style Fire Button
6. 7 - 30 watts
7. 4 - 8.3 volts
8. 0.3 - 3.3Ω Atomizer Resistance
9. On-board USB charging @500mA
10. Micro USB charger & dust cover included
11. CAN FIRE 30 WATTS AT ANY OHM RESISTANCE
12. Overcharge protection: stop charging when it was fully charged.

Overcharge battery protection is listed in the specifications.

I have contacted numerous vendors and Cloupor for addition information concerning any additional protection circuitry not listed in the specifications or instruction sheet such as:

Over current protection
Over and under voltage protection
Thermal shutdown protection

Hopefully I will get a response soon.

From the instruction sheet for the device we see a list of error messages that can occur. One of them is a "too hot" error message. It says that the chipset has onboard temperature sensing and that it will shut down and display this message if the internal board temperature becomes excessive.

The instruction sheet also lists a warning that you must have a battery installed to be used as a pass-thru. Damage may occur if a battery is not properly installed.

Edit at 2:46pm: (A response from one of the vendors) It does not have the current or voltage protection. If it does get too hot it will display too hot and not fire.

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
retird.

Can you make a list of the latest device issues being sent out, for example from Elev8 etc. known vendors that care to have these issues fixed ? Sort off a revised list. :)

TY
The vendors would be a better place for that question or even Cloupor. Posters can certainly post any issues per your question here or in the other threads if they choose.

Last edited:

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
From the instruction sheet for the device we see a list of error messages that can occur. One of them is a "too hot" error message. It says that the chipset has onboard temperature sensing and that it will shut down and display this message if the internal board temperature becomes excessive.

The instruction sheet also lists a warning that you must have a battery installed to be used as a pass-thru. Damage may occur if a battery is not properly installed.
I watched a video yesterday where a group of modders tried to fry the Elev8 clone and weren't very successful.
Post #23 http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-issue-cloupor-hana-clone-3.html#post13667612

If memory serves me correctly the instructions sent with these devices are copies of Hana's instructions. These instructions are what was sent out with real Hanas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread