Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Well learned a lesson on my little itaste tank. I was a video by (Can't remember his name) but he said that if you bite the tip of the little tank that it would pop a small piece of plastic. This was to improve the draw and help control condensation. Well I tried it with one tank and the difference was like night and day. It changed the whole way it worked all for the better. Well fast forward to today and I filled up a new tank cause the old one was just wore out from pulling it out and filling and replacing. Filled the tank, insert into the little magnetic holder and bite. Up got the little piece of plastic tip out of it. First vape nothing, second vape, nothing. Pulled the tank out and I guess i clamped down to hard and split the tube down into the holder. Lesson learned. I don't bite any more. I'll just use a paperclip or toothpick. I carry extra tanks so no great loss.
Haha, good story. Guess you have learned not to believe everything you see or hear on YouTube :p.

(Hey, not talking about you Optimo! I believe YOU :D).

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I found out why i couldnt use my phoenix RBA on my Itaste. The positive pin is sunk in too far. So, I took a little wad of paper towel, I'm sure you can use just about anything... and pulled out the center battery pin, stuck the wad in and then pushed the positive pin back in. Don't try to force it in too far, screw it onto the Itaste until its firm but not super tight.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I found out why i couldnt use my phoenix RBA on my Itaste. The positive pin is sunk in too far. So, I took a little wad of paper towel, I'm sure you can use just about anything... and pulled out the center battery pin, stuck the wad in and then pushed the positive pin back in. Don't try to force it in too far, screw it onto the Itaste until its firm but not super tight.
Cool! By the way, I have a clone. Will it work?

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I also took some electrical tape, cut it in half lengthwise and wrapped around the base of the magnet connector so it doesn't show once the magnet is in. Then cut the tape off of the last side you wrapped and put that piece one the opposite side of the connector to double the thickness of the tape. Now no more wobbling or misfires.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Ok never really thought about it till today. How many times can you reuse the little tidy tanks before the bottom seal gives out. I got to work tomorrow and won't be able to take all my normal stuff with me. I mean the little seal that the atty punctures. How many times can you take that on and off?

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Ok never really thought about it till today. How many times can you reuse the little tidy tanks before the bottom seal gives out. I got to work tomorrow and won't be able to take all my normal stuff with me. I mean the little seal that the atty punctures. How many times can you take that on and off?

Should last months if not years because the hole is premade unlike the eGo tanks...since it's premade the wick needle doesn't make the hole any larger.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Should last months if not years because the hole is premade unlike the eGo tanks...since it's premade the wick needle doesn't make the hole any larger.

I'm talking about the little square tanks that the atty punctures. The ones that have a membrane on the very bottom of them. No wicks in em. Just the little plastic square tank.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I'm talking about the little square tanks that the atty punctures. The ones that have a membrane on the very bottom of them. No wicks in em. Just the little plastic square tank.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about also :). What I mean is the wick needle on the atty that goes up into the tank shouldn't make the tank hole any larger when removing and replacing.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Yeah that's what I'm talking about also :). What I mean is the wick needle on the atty that goes up into the tank shouldn't make the tank hole any larger when removing and replacing.

Finally understand. I got the tank in good enough light that I could see what was going on. Thank you Optimo. Your the best!!!!!! (These old eyes ain't what they use to be. Till now I never could see the hole in the bottom, but now I understand.):toast:

frolob

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
www.bullseyevapor.com

My tank just started leaking! I have had mine for almost 2 months and love it.
I agree the hole should be stable, should..
I was rotating 3 tanks with 3 different flavors, matching 3 atomizers. Only 1 magnetic sleeve. For the last 2weeks I have been reusing the same tank/atomizer/flavor.
And now it leaks badly. Nothing is visibly torn or broken. Same juice viscosity.

Now my theory:
China's quality control is terribly inconsistent and sloppy(not theory).
On a tank I discarded, the silicone plug would pop out on its own.
While the machining seems very good on the magnetic sleeve, there are still tolerance variances, particularly the mag sleeve atomizer threads/atomizer threads.
This causes slight missalignment when inserting tank into sleeve, causing premature wear and leakage. I suggest scratching a mark on the tank, and always re-inserting with the same orientation... i'm trying this now...
Or maybe because i have switched to vaping at 5 volts all the time, the silicone is melting/degrading/deforming.

Any thoughts?

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
I'm considering getting the new iTaste, my first vv. I like the slim design and the button placement. Few questions:

What is the length?

One of the vid reviews said it had a tight draw for a manual. Yes, no?

The new version has both regular 510 and ego-style threading, correct? So it would take the new T3's?

Thanks much!

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I'm considering getting the new iTaste, my first vv. I like the slim design and the button placement. Few questions:

What is the length?

One of the vid reviews said it had a tight draw for a manual. Yes, no?

The new version has both regular 510 and ego-style threading, correct? So it would take the new T3's?

Thanks much!

It's about 6 inches with the cap on...without cap it's 4 and a half inches. The draw really depends on what you are using on it. The tank system it comes with has a medium draw...the Tidy 10/12's have a harder draw. The new "express" version has a eGo connection but it doesn't have the cone threads. Not sure about the T3's.

They made a even newer Itaste called the MVP it's like a slim box mod with a 2600 MAH battery. I'll get a video up in about a week.

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
They made a even newer Itaste called the MVP it's like a slim box mod with a 2600 MAH battery. I'll get a video up in about a week.
Oh, I completely forgot about that! I saw the pics some time ago, and it looks nice. I like BoxMods :).

Looking forward to your review Optimo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread