Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Need some friendly advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I'm impressed more with my Itaste. Over the weekend it learned how to bounce and fly. I won't get into the details but it was all taken out on the Itaste. Found the button and silver collar for it and get it back together. Noticed this morning that it has a fairly good dent on the side of the battery. It still works just fine and everything. I'm just concerned about the battery being damaged. It doesn't heat up when in use. Haven't tried to recharge it yet. Just not sure if I should get another one or just keep using this one. Does anyone know?

unixadm

Nov 5, 2012
Georgia
Newbie here with some Questions:

I purchased the itaste vv v2 (magnetic) a few weeks ago. Love it so far. Using with the included plastic tanks. So here are my Q:

1. I saw someone posted about carrying extra tanks in a plastic bag and they leak. I've had the same thing. I have just been bringing juice and refilling as needed. Are there other tanks I could get that wouldn't leak?
2. I have seen the magnetic 510 converter online. If I get that, what empty tanks should I get with it? What advantage do the 510 tanks have over the included ones?
3. I see 510 tanks that look like a cylinder...is that the mouthpiece, or is there an additional piece..the included tanks are shaped with a mouthpiece like the old cigarette tips.....I have seen so many different parts online, it's so overwhelming and I don't know what goes with what.
4. If I get aftermarket tanks, which ones will allow me to still put on the pencap of the itaste?
5. What parts do I need to be concerned about to have spare replacement parts? I carry my charger with me and charge every other day...that seems to work well. What about the magnet cover and/or atomizor? Should I have spares of those? How many ohms is the stock? I see replacement atomizors that are 3.2 or 2.6 ohms...what is the advantage of either of these?

Thanks for the help...this can be really overwhelming! On a good note, haven't had a cigarette in over 15 days!! (and when I did have one back then, I hated the taste and smell!)

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Newbie here with some Questions:

I purchased the itaste vv v2 (magnetic) a few weeks ago. Love it so far. Using with the included plastic tanks. So here are my Q:

1. I saw someone posted about carrying extra tanks in a plastic bag and they leak. I've had the same thing. I have just been bringing juice and refilling as needed. Are there other tanks I could get that wouldn't leak?
2. I have seen the magnetic 510 converter online. If I get that, what empty tanks should I get with it? What advantage do the 510 tanks have over the included ones?
3. I see 510 tanks that look like a cylinder...is that the mouthpiece, or is there an additional piece..the included tanks are shaped with a mouthpiece like the old cigarette tips.....I have seen so many different parts online, it's so overwhelming and I don't know what goes with what.
4. If I get aftermarket tanks, which ones will allow me to still put on the pencap of the itaste?
5. What parts do I need to be concerned about to have spare replacement parts? I carry my charger with me and charge every other day...that seems to work well. What about the magnet cover and/or atomizor? Should I have spares of those? How many ohms is the stock? I see replacement atomizors that are 3.2 or 2.6 ohms...what is the advantage of either of these?

Thanks for the help...this can be really overwhelming! On a good note, haven't had a cigarette in over 15 days!! (and when I did have one back then, I hated the taste and smell!)

Ty this it should fit, is inexpensive, and works well. SMOKtech Shorty STAINLESS 23.5mm .7ml Single Coil Carto - 3.0ohm [gv-SMOKShortyCarto-STNLS- 3.0] - $2.25 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

If you dont mind not having the cap theres a ton of stuff you can use, that cap really limits you on whats available.
Try GotVapes STALLION Hybrid : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

They have prefilled, which you can refill or blanks which you can put whatever juice you want in. You will need either a long needle syringe or one of their needle bottle, blunt of course.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
When I bought my iTaste with the Tidy10 clearomizers, it came with a little sleeve that capped over the clearo to reduce the condensation getting into my mouth (like a drip-tip, but it slid over the clearo).

Unfortunately, I've lost that little sleeve. Does anyone know where I might be able to get another?
Is it like a rubber or silicone sleeve?

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Still no help on the bent battery case? Wish now I had a picture of it, but even then with the color it would be hard to see in a picture.
Is this something I need to be concerned with. It still works and charges just fine. Doesn't heat up or misfire.

Attachments

• Bent case.jpg
    Bent case.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Still no help on the bent battery case? Wish now I had a picture of it, but even then with the color it would be hard to see in a picture.
Is this something I need to be concerned with. It still works and charges just fine. Doesn't heat up or misfire.

OMG!!! That is..... How the dickens did you do that?

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
No, it was a metal sleeve. I found some at Drip Tips and Bungs - Misc Drip Tips - Tidy10 Clearo Drip Tip - 1 Pack but was hoping to find a US vendor selling these.

That's pretty clever. It's a drip tip that fits OVER the carto, instead of IN the carto. I image it would work with just about any 510 carto, but with the V2 tidy cartos, it's the only thing that would work since they use a single bung with no filler material. I can't seem to find them anywhere except the site you listed. If you find them anywhere state-side, please post back. I'd love to pick one up.

I've found that I like the V2 tidy's a lot better, but I have to trim them just slightly to be able to use the pen-cap. It would be nice to be able to slide one of those over the end when I'm not at work.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
OMG!!! That is..... How the dickens did you do that?

Lets just say that no persons were harmed when that happened. The Itaste on the other hand is another matter. It still works just fine after I put the button and cover back on it. The LCD didn't even crack. I'm just not to sure of it's condition on the inside. If it's only cosmetic then I'll not worry about it and just keep carrying it for a reminder.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Lets just say that no persons were harmed when that happened. The Itaste on the other hand is another matter. It still works just fine after I put the button and cover back on it. The LCD didn't even crack. I'm just not to sure of it's condition on the inside. If it's only cosmetic then I'll not worry about it and just keep carrying it for a reminder.
Just be careful and stop using it if you find something strange.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I've been eying this device for a while, want to get the chameleon one. I've skimmed the thread already but I have a few questions...

Can I use eGo threaded tanks/clearos with the new V3? I mostly use Kanger T3's atm. And I assume I won't be able to use the cap with those attachments?
How is the battery life compared to a 900mah Twist?
Would I be better off getting another penstyle PV or another Twist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread