Jul 3, 2014
United States

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 16990433" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
Waste of money. May work only as a placebo or for vegans.
Good steak is so much better. Even burger is. Meat consists of amino acids, all proteins are made of amino acids. A lot of amino acids - even in vegetarian diet, but may not always enough.

I told my family exactly that.....that since I couldn't afford a good organic grass-fed steak with our meals, this would be the next best thing.

I did say that I researched. I bought some to test on myself and to see if maybe it would help my son. According to you, it shouldn't have, BUT IT DID. Have you ever tried them. If not, I would suggest a little research before spouting off about something you know nothing about. Just like the anti ecig people out there spouting the nonsense they read in the paper or saw on facebook. I wasn't going to get into all of that, but people like you always think you have to talk about something you know NOTHING about. Think what you like, it does not affect me in the least. You may think that it's a placebo, but what do you think people say about us using electronic cigarettes? I feel the same about aminos that I do about my PV's. You do your thing, I'll do mine, and I'll spread the news when given the opportunity.

I'm here to try and give Juxtapose a little hope, that there's something out there that MIGHT help, how about you?

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I told my family exactly that.....that since I couldn't afford a good organic grass-fed steak with our meals, this would be the next best thing.

I did say that I researched. I bought some to test on myself and to see if maybe it would help my son. According to you, it shouldn't have, BUT IT DID. Have you ever tried them. If not, I would suggest a little research before spouting off about something you know nothing about. Just like the anti ecig people out there spouting the nonsense they read in the paper or saw on facebook. I wasn't going to get into all of that, but people like you always think you have to talk about something you know NOTHING about. Think what you like, it does not affect me in the least. You may think that it's a placebo, but what do you think people say about us using electronic cigarettes? I feel the same about aminos that I do about my PV's. You do your thing, I'll do mine, and I'll spread the news when given the opportunity.

I'm here to try and give Juxtapose a little hope, that there's something out there that MIGHT help, how about you?
Do you watch Dr. Oz show?

Edit: in your supplement for $60 you are getting 400 servings of 1.25 gramms of amino acids. In one pound of cooked meat you'll get 100 such "servings". So, 4 pounds of cooked meat provide the same amount of amino acids as all your bottle. Fish, legumes, grains, many vegetables, they all contain proteins also. Who need additional 1.25 mg amino acids per day?

I am glad it works for you, but I would not recommend it to other people.
Rule of thumb: most of supplements do not work.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
1. Depending on your vaping style you can have (much?) more nicotine in your body than when your were smoking.
2. You became older.

This, especially number 1. And the thing is, it doesn't hit you immediately and then taper off. It's delayed and continually adding more builds up. It takes a while to learn how best to regulate your vaping. The easiest way is to just drop your nic and vape away with no regulations. hahaha. I like the sound of that.

p.s. I know exactly what these symptoms feel like and it used to happen to me.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
I am glad it works for you, but I would not recommend it to other people.
Rule of thumb: most of supplements do not work.

Again, just your opinion. But, to enlighten you, some people have disorders or conditions that make it harder to get what they need from the food they eat, so supplementation is necessary. Supplements do work or M.D.'s wouldn't be prescribing them. Some supplements work so well that they take the place of a more dangerous pharmaceutical. I have personal experience with what I'm saying, do you? You didn't answer me the first time I asked, so I assume not.

I will not say any more to you, we need to address Juxtapose and not each other.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I went thru a period early in my vaping...at about 3-6 months. My symptoms were anxiety, followed by wooziness. Not really lazy, but more lala land, if you know what I mean. My cause was too much nic PLUS too much caffeine. I was using 18-24mg liquid at the time, and was always a heavy coffee drinker. I noticed my worse times were mid morning and mid-afternoon which was after drinking a lot of coffee. I read at the time that as your liver recovers and no longer has to process all of the thousand of chemicals in cigarette smoke, it starts to do a better job with caffeine (and sugar). I'm not a doctor but it seemed logical to me.

My solution was to cut my nic down to 12-15mg and made decaf or half-caf coffee. I also cut back on sugary drinks and snacks. Now after 3 1/2 years, I'm back to full strength coffee and cola but I'm using 4mg nic in better devices. It just took me a few months to get everything regulated.

Juxtapose

Dec 2, 2015
To mmsjs5. I thank you for that information.

I read a bit about Asparagus containing Asparagine (abbreviated as Asn or N) is one of the 20 most-common natural amino acids on Earth.
Thats good because I really like the taste of asparagus .

You have a nice symmetry with your use of words, and have suggested something that might help motivation...I will try taking those for a while.

Reactions: mmsjs5

Juxtapose

Dec 2, 2015
I went thru a period early in my vaping...at about 3-6 months. My symptoms were anxiety, followed by wooziness. Not really lazy, but more lala land, if you know what I mean. My cause was too much nic PLUS too much caffeine. I was using 18-24mg liquid at the time, and was always a heavy coffee drinker. I noticed my worse times were mid morning and mid-afternoon which was after drinking a lot of coffee. I read at the time that as your liver recovers and no longer has to process all of the thousand of chemicals in cigarette smoke, it starts to do a better job with caffeine (and sugar). I'm not a doctor but it seemed logical to me.

Thats a good point about the change of the work load of the liver, never even occurred to me.

To mmsjs and alien.
Regarding the value-costs of amino acids debated by yourselves it is not so expensive as I merely read up what food contains those essential aminos and then add them to my shopping list. Regular things like eggs, milk and beef are already on my list, asparagus is nice and no problem to buy. Just a new method of deciding on the method of compiling a shopping list.

To alien, never underestimate the power of placebos. They would never have been given that name if they didn't work. Many things are just perceptions in our minds and if we believe something is helping us, it actually does help us in terms of positive mental attitudes. Albiet just delusion or illusion, it helps.

To alien. Your rule of thumb "most supplements don't work", it sounds to me like you have made a detailed chemical analysis of more than 68% ( most ) of the supplements available worldwide in order to make this statement? I am surprised you found the time to visit a forum as you must be a highly educated, awarded, celebrated doctor of supplement science? Guessing just how many supplements are available today to be more than 500,000 and how many chemicals, vitamins and amino's you must have searched for in your tireless examinations to then arrive at your expert rule of thumb. Wow, I wonder how you fit all those containers inside your house? And all those petri dishes? and all the science papers you write?
Or perhaps not, perhaps instead you just made a careless assumption based on what you think, or what you read? Anything you were read, told, heard is not research based on empirical actual knowledge is it. Teaching others what you think that is not based on any hard evidence is very dangerous to those who might believe you. Its like the catholic church teaching people in 1500 the earth is at the center of the universe and all the planets orbit it. Air crash investigation explains in great detail how careless people cause many deaths by way of plane crashes every single year. The assume instead of know.

To Mr Mann, yes I noticed that "regulation" is harder to detect with e-cigs. Thus, if you smoke 5 regular fags in a chain your body knows it is time to lay off as there will be coughing, clogged up feeling, sick feeling etc. Vaping too much may have some signs but they are less than with actual smoke due to only 1 chemical instead of thousands.

Note to all, I have cut down to 0mg, 6mg and 18mg mixed up together so that is approx 7.333mg nicotine level now, feel slightly more perky and less boggy. Going off the the gym for my run shortly, it will be 61 minutes this time. Still however I have the feeling of needing to force myself to get started.

To Bunny killer, yes I am 50 as was stated in my first post.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its
work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest
force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine
should be our food. But to eat when you are sick, is to feed your
sickness. -- Hippocrates

Walking is man's best medicine. -- Hippocrates

As to diseases make a habit of two things - to help, or at least, to do
no harm. -- Hippocrates

Kind of tying two threads together here. When I began to vape, the
average use of juice for me was .5 to ,75 ml of juice a day, inclusive
of loss. Now, I am up to 1 to 1.5 ml a day, inclusive of loss.

I do not think vaping has made me lethargic, lazy. In fact, it has
helped my breathing improve by clearing up a lot of sinus issues. I also
in general feel better without all the nasty chemicals assaulting me
from tobacco.

Due in large part to a congenital condition, I have no sense of smell
ergo limited taste. While using tobacco that was further exploited. I
did not have wish for food and could gobble up whatever was at hand.
Since coming off tobacco, my body gets pangs of food desire. "Hey Bozo,
go eat some oranges/beans/salad", my body calls out. It seems I am
attempting Veganism as well as vaping. My body rarely craves meat any
longer.

I do limited work around the house and home. I help with cutting,
splitting, ricking firewood. I help attend six dogs and two cats, the
cats really are no great trouble. I only have to remind them to stay
out of the road at times, because well, cats do not listen to us petty
humans.

I help doing housework, laundry, dishes, dusting, trash, some minor
clothing alterations. I also read a lot, try to get beyond piddling with
writing. Has this state been caused by vaping?

No. A few other vectors took a hand in it. I am 43 and a larger part of
my life faced a physically / emotionally abusive step-parent, worked in
some of the hardest and most dangerous jobs, admittedly played just as
hard. I now have the ouchies catching up, I have basic arthritis, mild
nerve problems, generally sore muscles most probably never realized were
muscles.

In short, I'm growing older and am gradually being reminded of this as
most. Did tobacco use play a part? Oh, I'm sure it really did not help
much. Do I think vaping does help? Yes, I do based upon what published
science is available and personal experience.

Has my consumption peaked? I'm not really sure. I am only starting to
get into using rebuild atomizer. I may use more or less. Do note with
using rebuilds one can drop the nicotine level. I am going to drop from
18 mg to 12 mg per ml. I can feel the 18 mg is a bit too much now. I may
wind up at 0 mg nicotine, I may not. Difficult to say.

All in I rather be vaping than using tobacco. For myself at least it
seems a better option to nicotine delivery. Who knows, may find I enjoy
it simply for flavor one day.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
To morelymagic mist:

There is no relevance between your life story and this thread
Did I miss something?

Yes you did. Part of my life story is a vector, or causing agent of laziness that is suggested as being caused by e-cigs according to this thread, or its title. Life causes us to slow down. It is not necessarily due to e-cigs. Thought my post was clearly within the topic of the thread. Life is relevant to those who vape. If no life, no vape and you would not have a thread in a forum bemoaning malaise from e-cigs.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Juxtapose, I also tried Chantix(Zyban) to quit smoking. Quit for 8 months,but started again with cigs. My personality and mood issues have not been the same since. Even now 15 years later,I am roughly your age, I still feel different than I was before. I have just come to accept it ,I never stopped moving, before Chantix, ever since taking it all i want to do is sit or nap in the afternoons. And most of the day,I ahve been following your thread and when you mentioned you used Zyban I had noticed a parralel, mabey not ? Just something to think about. Not much help here, but good luck.

Reactions: Juxtapose

Juxtapose

Dec 2, 2015
To Morelymagic

The thread was an inquiry asking if others had experienced such symptoms, and some responders have.
Well I read you life story and sympathize with you, still I did not see anything in your post which was asked for in the original posting.

Regarding the quote, humans apparently seem to die if not eating for approx 50-55 days, so he who is sick for longer and who reads and believes your quote is in for a early trip to the other side.

Best wishes all the same

Last edited:

Juxtapose

Dec 2, 2015
Juxtapose, I also tried Chantix(Zyban) to quit smoking. Quit for 8 months,but started again with cigs. My personality and mood issues have not been the same since. Even now 15 years later,I am roughly your age, I still feel different than I was before. I have just come to accept it ,I never stopped moving, before Chantix, ever since taking it all i want to do is sit or nap in the afternoons. And most of the day,I ahve been following your thread and when you mentioned you used Zyban I had noticed a parralel, mabey not ? Just something to think about. Not much help here, but good luck.

Thank you for your keen observation, it was something I had partly forgot about. I know how it feels, and it is good to connect with someone who also experienced it.

Yes Zyban was something I regret taking about 9 years ago which made me experience several nasty side effects.

1. It made me needy of emotional attention, due to feeling lonely, empty etc
2. Super fast losing of temper
3. Hyper sensitivity to rudeness
4. Intolerant to childish behavior

After taking it I also never felt quite the same again so maybe the change is permanent?

Apparently Zyban works by blocking up the nicotine receptors in the brain but this seemed to do other weird things to the brain chemicals.

Whilst the above is true, the above 3 symptoms from Zyban gradually have diminished over time but the mischievous "fun" side of me is a lot less than pre-Zyban.

FYI, Forgive me if you already know this but, Zyban was originally an anti depressant given to soldiers with post traumatic stress disorder, ( after the Iraq war ) many of them reported quitting smoking immediately.

Then, they decided to sell it as an anti smoking cure instead. My research on it showed that many others had become fast tempered, needy and violent also..

I read comments like this, "Sure I quit smoking with Zyban but i beat up my girlfriend and smashed up my apartment too" That kind of sums it up. Others report it to be their happy drug and loved it, showing that not everyone is affected the same way.

I agree it could be affecting me, but this current "thing" seems to be from more recently since I started vaping. Maybe the Nicotine receptors in my brain are still not working correctly and the pure nicotine without the other 3000 smoking chemicals is having this effect. One of the problems with being human is that we don't have enough intelligence to understand how complex brain chemicals work, it really sucks.

There is a harrowing video of an interview with a survivor of a lobotomy on youtube, and you and I both can at least say that we don't have it as bad as him. I was surprised that he was even alive after having two ice picks shoved 7" into his brain by Mr Freeman, ( who received a Nobel prize for his "work") .
Howard Dully is the unfortunate victim.

Reactions: schatz

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
My symptoms mirror your symptoms completely, I still have a couple neighbors that dont talk tome and go inside when I go out. My wife on the otherhand, totally understands, that is why I am o.k. withit. I did understand that it was an antidepressant when I initially filled script, but did not understand implications. Just wanted to quit smoking so badly. These doctors just hand these antidepressants out like candy, then sit back and wait for outcome,good or bad. They dont even Know what they actually do to a persons brain, just sad.

Reactions: Juxtapose

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
To crxess: I notice you assume many things incorrectly about my lifestyle diet and running habits. I notice a critical and condescending tone. I see nothing helpful in your message other than to help boost your own ego by way of using the forum as a way to engage in an authority drama by saying how wonderful you are and criticizing others.

FYI
I add 1 minute onto my runs each time I go, due to a knee injury I had to cut them down from 6 miles to 2 miles and now I am increasing gradually again. Such information was not relevant to this post ( and still is not ).
My social life increasing or decreasing in activity?? My diet?? Do you assume I eat from a garbage bin and live as a social leper?
You are 62 and still think you can tell people how to live? Not wise enough to see your problem is that your life is such that you need to spend your time making posts to amuse yourself and not doing any good to anyone in this forum thread? You might try to follow your own advice instead of giving it to others as it is useless. Why are you even here? You have already made it to perfection in your life, talking like a super star giving an interview. Does anyone need the advice your dish out? You are the controller...a legend in your own mind.

To djsvapour, no I have never taken serotonin or anti-depressants apart from a course of zyban which was peddled as an anti smoking cure about 6 years ago and didn't work. I smoked about 40 a day for 35 years Malrboro lights before and now I get through about 4 to 7 millilitres of 15mg strength e-liquid per day.

I dont know the equivalence comparison. Yes it is an eGO battery, so according to you I am low level vaping.
I am sorry to hear you could not convert to e-cigs yet, one of the guys above wrote about e liquids containing whole tobacco alkaloids (wta) which is supposed to deliver a more realistic smoking experience. I havent tried it though.

To mmsjs5. I thought those amino supplements were mainly for atheletes and body builders? What makes you think they will be beneficial in this case?

Actually , I simply do not see Vaping as a cause of Lazy.

You injured a knee?
It reduced your workouts?
This did not effect anything?

I say, take positive action in every aspect of your live and you say I'm being an azz.

No problem.

Again, IF you think Vaping is the Cause - TEST.
Stop vaping for a short while and SEE.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread