Japanese Organic Cotton Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbryant705

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Florida
I just got some of the Labo cotton pads in the mail and I do have to say that they're very hard to work with. I've used other Japanese cotton I got from a friend (might have been KGD) and the Labo pads are much more fragile. I'll just be rolling the cotton and it will start coming apart. Has anyone had any issues with it?

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I didn't even think of that. I would love to see what the the levels of the isotopes in it.

The say they check stuff coming from over there, but who knows. They also raised the allowance levels of isotopes since that craziness.
Funny how folks talk about the radiation over there in Japan.... that stuff has been in our bodies & the American Food Chain for a while now in addition to our own radiation cesspool.... Don't know how long it takes for airborne and contaminated water trace elements to move from continent to continent but they do, in this small community we call earth, over here.
Hey FDA, leave vaping alone and focus on corporations continuing to poison us & our food chain.... Do something useful FDA regulate domestic & global poisons you give license for manufacturing and already have been released into our world!!!

So 3 Japanese cotton pads will last a while?

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
What cracks me up is now after KGD replenished (I think all US vendors where completely out maybe ~ 2-3 weeks ago) the box I got has a lot more husk in it (dark spots) which I have been plucking out, at least where the coils will sit.

Coincidence? or maybe responding to the demand has lowered QC?

Also heard out folks using shiseido and muji.

Dreamed I was an Eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero...

And my mama cried
And my mama cried
Nanook, a-no-no
Nanook, a-no-no
Don't be a naughty Eskimo
Save your money, don't go to the show

Well I turned around and I said "Oh, oh" Oh
Well I turned around and I said "Oh, oh" Oh
Well I turned around and I said "Ho, Ho"
And the northern lights commenced to glow
And she said, with a tear in her eye
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"

Good luck.

:D

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
How are you guys even using the Labo? Comes apart every time I try to thread it through. Definitely looser and harder to use than the Japanese cotton my friend gave me some of.
Never used labo, but if the fibers are aligned make sure you are cutting the pad with the grain of the fibers. If you cut against the grain they seem to fall apart.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Never used labo, but if the fibers are aligned make sure you are cutting the pad with the grain of the fibers. If you cut against the grain they seem to fall apart.

I think any cotton would tear apart if you cut sideways against the grain... you'd essentially have a stand of tiny unconnected fibers.

Take the pad and pull it, one way it tears EASILY, the other way it doesn't. That should give you an idea which way the stands are running.

Last edited:

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Muji is what's stating to pop off in my town now. My town is big on organic cotton balls and organic yarn. A local juice maker gave me a few pads wile I was talking to him at one of the vape shops around my area. He used it in his kayfuns with the juice he makes and sells at the shop. You can use it in a dripper as well of course. I just ordered a whole bag of it myself and I’m experimenting with it. For the kayfun, you supposed to roll it furry side out, with the drippers furry side in (so I was told). Don't roll it to tight, like was already mentioned.

Muji comes in “White” and also “unbleached”… you want the unbleached, which will be more of a super light grey and have some speckles in it (just like cotton pulled off the plant does).

Here’s what the bag looks like.
View attachment 341658
I got some of this stuff. I've been using it exclusively for both ease of use and wicking ability. Taste in my KFL+ is fantastic!

sent via Droid Mini

pls0138

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
Petroleum is organic (in origin).

Just sayin'.

Good luck.

:)

Exactly. When it comes down to it, "organic" is just a subjective term that is defined by the FDA. For this reason, I try not to assume that something labeled organic means that it is better or safer.
Personally, I think some people put a little too much merit in the "safety/healthiness" of different types of wicking materials.Its not like you're rolling cotton or rayon up in some rolling paper lighting it up and inhaling it directly. If your device is working properly, the vapor you are inhaling is coming from your liquid, not your coil or your wicking material, if either of those are burning hot enough to produce a significant amount of fumes, then there is something wrong.
Also, lets not fool ourselves and act like vaping is totally 100% healthy. Sure it's better than cigarettes, but when it really comes down to it, inhaling anything besides oxygen is unhealthy.
I'm not trying to condemn anyone's opinion, at the end of the day you should use whatever you feel comfortable with.

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
I use that. Ordered from Samurai, Japan. 200 pads. Build four or five sets of dual coil builds with one pad. It Vapes great. Holds lots of juice.
I got a package of 60 from the rainforest site for about 8$. One pad for me is about 40 wicks in my KFL+. Approximately 10 wicks per ply, 4 ply to a pad. Loving it!

Instead of twisting, regarding which I am in total agreement with Super_X, I roll up a small piece of single ply pad loosely and open up the tails to fit it on the deck. Works swimmingly.

IMHO, twisting the JC to fit in the coil leaves less room for expansion due to absorption. Yes, it makes it "appear" to be more like a wick, but in reality, it is already a very efficient FLAT wick. If it is rolled into a tube, it will allow for a good amount of swelling, and still allows you to have short tails which have a large surface area.
$0.02

sent via Droid Mini

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I got a package of 60 from the rainforest site for about 8$. One pad for me is about 40 wicks in my KFL+. Approximately 10 wicks per ply, 4 ply to a pad. Loving it!

Instead of twisting, regarding which I am in total agreement with Super_X, I roll up a small piece of single ply pad loosely and open up the tails to fit it on the deck. Works swimmingly.

IMHO, twisting the JC to fit in the coil leaves less room for expansion due to absorption. Yes, it makes it "appear" to be more like a wick, but in reality, it is already a very efficient FLAT wick. If it is rolled into a tube, it will allow for a good amount of swelling, and still allows you to have short tails which have a large surface area.
$0.02

sent via Droid Mini
Thank you.... how about sharing the links for these great Japanese Cotton Pads??? :) BTW has anyone used the "Honest 503 Pen Style Butane Torch & Lighter"? is it any good for heating coils - $6.50 ? What you vaping today? Hangsen Delux Tobacco - oh yeah ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread