Status
Not open for further replies.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Im not going to look I bought a Lemo and some TI wire today My SX M is in California I forgot I had it sent to the office I have to do that with Pre Orders chances are I wont be in the same place as when I ordered it. The Payroll lady will stick it with the checks so now I gotta wait till thur :(

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I have a Vapor flask DNA 40 clone I got to compare to the real deal IMO its not as good but its not all bad either your welcome to it if you like. Just PM me and Ill get it to you.

Thanks for the offer, but like I said I am ok for now and I am going to go back to mechs, the voltage drop for me isn't as bad as always having issues.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I like my SX M better than the VaporShark 40. Still haven't tried temp control. Using GS Airs and GS Air Ms on em....
Im kinda Miffed with NW right now I had to bug them a couple of times to get my Mod in the mail I should of had mine already. Ive had great service from them in the past but they dropped the ball this time.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
dual p.jpg
Nice cloud;)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Oh, my bad. I'm using a small drip tip o ring around the 510 connector to prevent scuffs on my Sigelei mods. I actually loosens the draw for the Billow once the afc screws are gone.

Ah, got ya. I realized I had to not screw the Billow all the way onto a mod and block those air holes after taking the screws out. I'm still enjoying it this way :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just placed an order for Ti wire Ill post my thoughts It looks like as long as you keep it under 600 degrees dont think that will be to hard , it wont powder and create a carcinogenic. I doubt youll have any issues it seems like it either bothers a person or it doesn't

For sure let us know how you like it Buzzz. I'm probably not going to be trying Ti for at least a week so you just might get there before I do.

Reactions: SissySpike

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I rebuilt that Billow several times, and I'm pretty good at maximizing flavor from tanks. It just wasn't for me :). Most of my tank builds are as good as or better than drippers for flavor.

I've had similar experience with the Silverplay. Of the similar tanks, I liked the Orchid v3 the best.

I find it can be hard to get an atty dialed in sometimes, there are a lot of variables. When I first started building RDAs (Mutation X and the Onslaught) with higher resistance builds for regulated mods I found that really changed the flavor profile of my juices. They tasted different, sweeter and/or almost burnt at the same power levels as before. I've been mixing long enough to know that if you put too much flavoring in a juice it can go that way so I added a bit of PG/VG to some and found my old flavor profiles were back.

I think I may be in the same situation now with the Billow, tons of flavor but it tastes different kinda in the same way, but the more I vape this setup the more I'm wanting to reduce coil heatup time and that needs to be addressed first.

Ah, titanium. Don't torch it or dry burn it. Don't exceed 350F for temp setting. 300-320 seems best. It is very springy, but harder than nickel so no worries about snapping it.

That's what I've read too plus the higher resistance seems to me to make dual coils manageable.

I'm having way too much fun here :facepalm:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Put a new build on my Flash e v3 today, and its rocking. I was disappointed in this tank until now. Running at 0.7 ohm on a Stingray X.
O have a atty that uses the same sort of set up has wicks going up into the tank. I forget what its called now I never could get it to work very well So I ended up uesing it like a spheroid and it makes a really nice oversized rebuildable cartomizer

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
O have a atty that uses the same sort of set up has wicks going up into the tank. I forget what its called now I never could get it to work very well So I ended up uesing it like a spheroid and it makes a really nice oversized rebuildable cartomizer

Heron?
Prometey?
Gus Ailous SM?

Sicaedus

Vapor Enthusiast
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
Iowa
www.facebook.com
I dont have the patience I just want the coil in and vaping ASAP. I dont care how it looks but you make some mighty fine looking builds SI do you play around with different builds or just stick to one thing?

I try new things quite a bit, but I have been too lazy to spin more clapton or make any twisted. Twisted wire is obviously easy to make, but I don't like the performance or the fact that getting hotspots out can be a real pain. I have been thinking about doing some parallels lately though. I really need to get some NiChrome though. Spinning Kanthal into clapton really sucks.

Edit: I will probably do more interesting builds once I get some more $$$. I would like to get an El Cabron and/or a Twisted Messes atty. I really want to try an Aeolus too. The only atty I have that has the room for those kinds of builds is my Mutation X V3.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I try new things quite a bit, but I have been too lazy to spin more clapton or make any twisted. Twisted wire is obviously easy to make, but I don't like the performance or the fact that getting hotspots out can be a real pain. I have been thinking about doing some parallels lately though. I really need to get some NiChrome though. Spinning Kanthal into clapton really sucks.

I've never twisted wire Sicaedus. Apart from the hot spots, what don't you like about it?

Reactions: SissySpike

Sicaedus

Vapor Enthusiast
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
Iowa
www.facebook.com
I've never twisted wire Sicaedus. Apart from the hot spots, what don't you like about it?

I know a lot of people who use twisted wire regularly. They say they get better flavor than straight wire. I can't tell the difference really. Why put in the extra effort if you aren't getting anything out of it? Claptons are another story. Claptons give some good dimension to complex flavors. I had an Apple Pie flavored juice that tasted like a buttered popcorn on straight wire. No apple whatsoever. Dripped on some Claptons I made and BOOM, flavor explosion. The juice still wasn't for me, but at least I could taste the whole apple pie.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Heron?
Prometey?
Gus Ailous SM?
I cant for the life of me remember what its called right now Roxy here is a pic of it
getPart.jpg

I know a lot of people who use twisted wire regularly. They say they get better flavor than straight wire. I can't tell the difference really. Why put in the extra effort if you aren't getting anything out of it? Claptons are another story. Claptons give some good dimension to complex flavors. I had an Apple Pie flavored juice that tasted like a buttered popcorn on straight wire. No apple whatsoever. Dripped on some Claptons I made and BOOM, flavor explosion. The juice still wasn't for me, but at least I could taste the whole apple pie.

What is a clapton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread