Jun 2, 2013
Virginia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Comments are laughable. Only one reasonable voice to be heard. I've believed FDA officials are as crooked as the rest for years. What saddens me is that appears the courts are as corrupt. Is there anyone left to protect the public at large from being over regulated? Freedom my ***.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Comments are laughable. Only one reasonable voice to be heard. I've believed FDA officials are as crooked as the rest for years. What saddens me is that appears the courts are as corrupt. Is there anyone left to protect the public at large from being over regulated? Freedom my ***.

I warned you about the comments section. :oops: WaPo is my local newspaper and I learned long ago that many of those who comment do so just to argue with whatever viewpoint is presented in the OpEd. I am starting to recognize names. Anonymity is so freeing for those :censored:.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Gottlieb proposes to procrastinate on ecigs and then take most of the nic out of cigarettes. I would have supported the latter when I was a smoker. I think it's brilliant. There is literally 99% less bad stuff in ecigs compared to ciigs. We know that, he knows that. The fuss is coming from people who know their tax supported funding will decline if everybody stops smoking. They are more addicted to our money than any of us ever where to tobacco. The best evidence this is true is the issue is never raised. Poeple with conflicts of interest should shut up and .... out. If that happened everybody would love ecigs and Han Lic would get the nobel prize in medicine.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Warning - don't venture into the comments section or your head might explode.
You mean from stuff like this?
Every addict will give up his addiction when he dies—and that much sooner for smokers. It is a legitimate public health question, given the current downward trend in smoking, whether public health is better served by letting smokers take the nicotine habit with them to the grave, without enabling nicotine addiction's perpetuation and re-expansion in another form.
Eh? How is "nicotine addiction" a public health concern at all?

The problem is we live in a world where “non-profit” organizations made a lucrative business out of protesting just about anything under the sun... billions are “donated” to anti smoking, anti gun, anti fur, anti hunting, anti circumcision.... an endless list of groups. The problem is, when something comes along that actually has the potential to end the problems one of these groups prorotest, that group has no more cause to sucker people out of their money. That is why the anti smoking groups are so against vaping despite clear scientific evidence about how it’s many times less harmful than smoking. Combine that with the billions the governments stand to loose in sin tax revenues... no wonder the truth gets burried in ‘but what ifs’

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
There are good people with good intentions still out there. I don't ever want to paint everyone with the same brush. I generally can't agree or disagree with blanket statements.

There are. It just seems that Every Year, they become More and More Outnumbered.

Then factor in the Myopic Objective Lens the average Media Outlet uses to portray reality and you can see why so many people have become Cynical about things.

How Many Years did I Read Article after Article (supported by Bogus Study after Bogus Study) about how e-Cigarette were Worst that Smoking Cyanide?

Last edited:
There are good people with good intentions still out there. I don't ever want to paint everyone with the same brush. I generally can't agree or disagree with blanket statements.

Yes there are. Unfortunately most of them are being swept away by these groups that use hype and propaganda to tug at heart strings and carry people away in a wave of extremism.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yes there are. Unfortunately most of them are being swept away by these groups that use hype and propaganda to tug at heart strings and carry people away in a wave of extremism.
People that take the time to do some research of their own are rarely sept away by propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread