Joyetech Cuboid / Cubis 1st impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gfdeputy2

Account closed on request
Sep 5, 2015
New Hampshire or New Vapeshire
Well I was going to hold off for a a few days of testing before writing this review but as I did spend a couple days testing the Cuboid for my local B&M I thought I needed to get a review out there.
so here is the preliminary Review
unboxed the Cuboid /Cubis
& as usual great packaging from Joyetech
includes everything needed but batteries & e-liquid
the Cuboid I received is the Grey Version
the Cubis in black
1st I will start with the Cuboid
first thought sleek looking. It has an elegant but tough look to it
finish on the grey seems durable. I took a flat head screwdriver to the bottom & had to use some force to scratch the coating
display is a good size & bright
spring loaded 510 (have to mention but is becoming the norm) tight up/down & no wobble
buttons are nice no rattle not loose & has a click to them
the feel in the hand also very nice. It is a heavy mod for a duel 1860's mine weighed in at just over 207g or roughly 7.3oz without batteries or tank
dimensions I measured 3.6" or 91.44mm X 1.630" or 41.402 wide X 1.105" or 28.067 thick very nice size for a duel 18650 mod
the Cuboid just feels rugged & well built
the menus is typical Joyetech no big changes with the addition of TCR which I will not get into today & fast scrolling through wattage & Temp
Firmware upgrades is a PLUS installed the upgrade this morning & was very fast & easy
has onboard charging which I only use in an emergency
so 1st impressions
Pros: feel, finish, size, firmware upgrades, TCR, Onboard charging, fast scrolling & as always ease of use

Cons really not much here I will say the battery door I am not sure of yet. If there are not batteries installed the door is tricky to open but works great if the batteries are installed & you are replacing them. (Make sure latch clicks & is all the way forward or batteries could fall out only happened once to me) the battery door has some wiggle to it & will see in the future if this is a weak point.
This may also not be a con but have to mention it is real heavy at first & takes some time getting used to it especially if you have been using a lighter mod like the eVic VTC, Vapresso target ect.... it does feel better the more I use it & is Not really a con for me now but some may think it is

Lettering is almost the same color as the Mod. I would like to see more of a contrast more for you Joyetech so everyone knows who made it & what model it is (I will note this is a sample mod & looks to be different for production!)

preliminary conclusion
I would not be surprised to see this in the running for Mod of the year so far everything seems to be flawless in operation
Great Job with this one Joyetech
Now On to the Cubis
I will start off by saying I have had great luck with Joyetech Mods but am NOT a fan of Joyetech tanks
so here it goes
first thought looks pretty bland. looks like a basic tank (no Wow factor)
it does come with 3 coils & 2 drip tips
measurements are 1.570" or 39.878mm tall (Not including drip tip or 510 pin) .872" or 22.148mm in diameter
I am currently using the .5 coil for this as I am a Direct Lung Vapor
the design is impressive
had a very quick break in (less then one tank )
Airflow is nice but is backwards for us in the US as to the left wold be normally closed
But I see why Joyetech did this as when you screw the top back on the airflow will be completely open & not closed (well Done)
replacing coils is very easy
Cup design brilliant
I have gone through 6 tanks so far & the flavor is amazing
so 1st impressions
Pros: design (ground breaking) can't say enough about it. Just plain great design
Flavor: Ranks right up there & maybe better then the Uwell crown
ease of coil replacement
ease of filling

Cons: looks again text is black on a black tank hard to see fill line & name (Again this is a sample mod & appears to be different for production!)
looks are basic (but not a bad thing but could turn people away that are not fans of Joyetech tanks)
liquid capacity should be at least a 4-5 Ml tank (constant refilling)
Airflow (Not really a big con) I would like more adjustment on the open end. it is great for a mouth to lung vapor but is a little tight for the direct lung vapor

preliminary conclusion
this is the best tank Joyetech has produced in my opinion
though should note this is a flavor chaser not a cloud chasing tank (which I am all about)

My recommendations for a version 2
make it a larger capacity
More airflow adjustment then this could be both a cloud & flavor chasing tank
Make one of the drip tips a bigger bore. I changed it out for one of my bigger bore drip tips & flavor improved also the airflow seemed a little better
make the glass cups removable
All & All a Nice tank
would I recommend these products So far
Cuboid: YES Highly to an intermediate - advanced vapor not really a beginner
Cubis: YES more to a mouth to lung then a Direct lung vapor & to a Flavor Chaser not a Cloud Chaser
This review was my fair & honest opinions & hope it helps you make a decision whether to buy or not
I will be updating this review as time goes by
IMG_20160118_180047896.jpg

IMG_20160118_182000857.jpg

Reactions: Devilon

Gfdeputy2

Sep 5, 2015
Excellent full detailed review :) Thanks :)

I have the silver one in the basket at FT but the grey one you have looks a lot lighter grey than the pictures I've seen on FT.
I think I just might buy a grey one instead as I like the look of that one even better. :)
Thank You just an FYI I believe they changed the grey not sure if mine is the original or the new version

Gfdeputy2

Sep 5, 2015
The mod looks good, Chris. As for the tank, probably not my cup of tea as I am a direct lung hitter plus with flavor. I have a couple of tanks that set the bar so high, I can't imagine anything better. Nice review!
I am too reason I love the Crowns & this is a tight draw compared to the crown. If they could open the airflow more it would be a really nice MTL tank

Reactions: pwheeler

Gfdeputy2

Sep 5, 2015
Where did you purchase the cuboid from?
FT may have just the first lot of these in stock, if that's the case I just might hold on for a bit. :)
I received this Direct from Joyetech but the one I originally tested (Cuboid) was from my local B&M which he has in stock but his grey is darker also I will contact Joyetech to see which is the new version

Devilon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
United Kingdom
I received this Direct from Joyetech but the one I originally tested (Cuboid) was from my local B&M which he has in stock but his grey is darker also I will contact Joyetech to see which is the new version

Thanks again, I keep my fingers crossed then :D

Reactions: Gfdeputy2

Devilon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
United Kingdom
may take a day or two for them to reply but looking at their website it looks as the light grey is the new one.

I've just had a look at Joyetech's site and here what they say about the grey version.

Due to the success of Cuboid and by its popular demand, we will be refining the color grey to fit more of the ultramodern design.

So it does seem that you lucky enough to get hold of the latest model, while many other vendors have still got the older darker grey models in stock.

Justin White

Nov 18, 2015
I've been less than impressed by the silver finish

Mine has gotten tarnished in less than a week!

It even has fingerprints that can't be removed, so I can't speak for the other colours but the silver is rubbish IMHO. The plating is so thin you can see right through it with a torch!! Also worth noting: Some reviewers are saying the finish is stainless on the silver, It really isn't, it's plated zinc alloy (apparently). Also the button rattles like crazy. I'd love to get my hands on a grey version to see if the finish is any better, but there's no way I'm throwing money at it!

As far as function goes, it's absolutely brilliant, which is a crying shame considering the above.

Posted full writeup on Joyetech's forum with pics
bit.ly/1TDguun
(insert http:// in front of the bitly)

Last edited:

bread_baby

Mar 22, 2016
Amsterdam
can someone help me or otherwise point me to the right forum:
Which is better, the target kit or the evic vtc mini cubis? I like the positive talk about the ceramic coils but the mod itself seems lacking from what I read.
Also about the evic cubis, it seems to support more different coils compared to for instance evic tron. What coils would you recommend for best taste.

Gfdeputy2

Sep 5, 2015
Ok May be wrong but I believe that was the first batch & believe that is fixed
have had zero issues with mine. My honest opinion both are nice mods but I would lean towards the eVic VTC but I would look for a different tank
i will start with the mod
eVic VTC does not feel as good in the hand as the target but you get more functions with the VTC
& the VTC is firmware upgradable but I hear there is a target version 2 coming out sometime
I have had a few Joyetech products I have had very little issues with their mods but not a fan of their tanks. The Cubis is the best tank to date by them it is top fill but not a great quality tank. The vaporesso is a decent tank but is bottom fill. I am assuming by looking at these tanks you are a MTL vapor I would look at a better tank something that takes Aspire Atlantis / Triton coils then you could use the Vaporesso target Ccell coils

bread_baby

Mar 22, 2016
Amsterdam
something that takes Aspire Atlantis / Triton coils then you could use the Vaporesso target Ccell coils

Thank you I will look into possibly making a frankenstein with a vtc mod, target coils, Aspire atlantis coil compatible tank. hehe.

wish the target 2 would come out already. They have a giveaway contest for the target 1 on their facebook btw.

Reactions: Gfdeputy2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread