Joyetech Ego AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean gibbons

Apr 3, 2016
Idk if anyone can help me but I'm getting dry hits every 3-4 hits.
I can not figure it out
I'm pretty well acquired when it comes to these products. And I've only had this problem on the cubis and now this
coils are primed
70/30 juice
Airflow all the way open
Tryed both the .6 could with the same result
Then bought a 1.0 coil to see if it was burning to hot for the small airflow and still dry hits
So if anyone with this or the cubis knows why this keeps happening I'd love to know so I can fix it

Reactions: Foggy Road

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I can not figure it out
I'm pretty well acquired when it comes to these products. And I've only had this problem on the cubis and now this
Coils are primed
70/30 juice
Airflow all the way open
Then bought a 1.0 coil to see if it was burning to hot for the small airflow and still dry hits
So if anyone with this or the cubis knows why this keeps happening I'd love to know so I can fix it
70/30 is just a bit too thick for the coil....I run that ratio, but every couple of hits, I can tell it is starting to get dry and do a few "primer puffs" to rewet the wick.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I can not figure it out
Coils are primed
70/30 juice
Airflow all the way open

OH...one thing...with higher VG juices....you don't want to run the airflow all the way open on a tank like these.....closing down the airflow some will increase the negative pressure in the tank, causing the juice to be pulled into the coil faster.

So try running your airflow around half, and see if that doesn't fix you up.

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
I've got my second AIO coming in the mail in a couple of days. The first one was going to be played around with and then given to my sister (a relatively new vaper) and it was. She fell in love with it and talked me right out of it rather quickly. But, I also loved that little thing so I had to order another one. I was really impressed with the flavor I got out of it. Must be the SS coils.

Has anyone used the rba head for this yet?

eww245

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2014
PA
I've been using the RBA with it for a couple weeks and it works great, didn't try the stock coils. It was time change the cotton so I tried to build a horizontal coil with 28g SS, it's too small and the screw won't hold in the coil. The horizontal that came with the RBA gets way too much gurgling, so I settled for re wrapping the vertical. However it shorts out if screwed down all the way with either coil, a couple of back turns does fix it but I'd rather not run it this way. Hopefully I just need some more practice with this one.
Does anyone know what gauge wire came with the RBA? Has anyone run into problems with it shorting out?

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I've got my second AIO coming in the mail in a couple of days. The first one was going to be played around with and then given to my sister (a relatively new vaper) and it was. She fell in love with it and talked me right out of it rather quickly. But, I also loved that little thing so I had to order another one. I was really impressed with the flavor I got out of it. Must be the SS coils.

Has anyone used the rba head for this yet?

WOOOOT!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @Marina2 !!!!! Happy Birthday, you lurvly Goddess of ECF! I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Hai.gif
smiley_lovedance.gif
beijo.gif
hearts.gif

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I can not figure it out
Coils are primed
70/30 juice
Airflow all the way open

Sometimes a Higher VG e-Liquid can be kinda Thick. And a Thick e-Liquid can cause Dry Hits.

You might try putting a 2 or 3 Drops of Water into your Tank followed by your 30%PG|70%VG e-Liquid. Give the Tank a Gentle shake and then take it for a Test Vape.

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I just took out my stock coil today and replaced it with the RBA head. Haven't spent that much time vaping on it, but seems alright so far. My old coil wasn't really vaping that bad but the flavor seemed to have dropped off a bit. Like I wasn't getting dry hits, but the flavor tasted like it was getting dry. Weird. Also, my button seems to be a little wonky... seems like it doesn't fire everytime I press the button, or I have to hit it just right. I'm going to do a full charge right now and fiddle with it, I hope the button isn't going out on me because I don't feel like I've used it that hard. Actually, it seems more like I have to hold the button kind of hard for over 1 second before it actually starts firing, which I didn't have to do before so I'm not really sure whats going on. It still works but something is off. Hope it fixes itself although doubtful..

Reactions: Marina2

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
I'm on my 10th day with my spare 0,6 coil. Really this is surpassing my expectations, seeing that the first coil went bad after 5 days. It could be because with the first coil i vaped a sweet mango liquid with 60/40 ratio. After replacing it with the spare i switched to a less sweet peach tea flavor (50/50) and it's still all good...almost. Actually around the 7th day it started tasting burnt, but out of curiosity i continued to vape it, and after a few puffs the burnt taste was no more. Its just that if take a puff lasting more than 5 seconds the burnt taste comes back lol,, (maybe someone could explain why? I'm just newbie vaper anyways).
As for the device itself, i also experience a slight delay when firing, but it's only like half a second so it doesn't bother me. The firing button is also a bit wobbly, but it atill "clicks" when i press it so it's all good.
I can't wait to try the spare 0,5 coils that i bought yesterday. The guy at the shop said 0,5 coils have a better quality build and should last longer, so I'm expecting to go at least 2 weeks with those.

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
I'm on my 10th day with my spare 0,6 coil. Really this is surpassing my expectations, seeing that the first coil went bad after 5 days. It could be because with the first coil i vaped a sweet mango liquid with 60/40 ratio. After replacing it with the spare i switched to a less sweet peach tea flavor (50/50) and it's still all good...almost. Actually around the 7th day it started tasting burnt, but out of curiosity i continued to vape it, and after a few puffs the burnt taste was no more. Its just that if take a puff lasting more than 5 seconds the burnt taste comes back lol,, (maybe someone could explain why? I'm just newbie vaper anyways).
As for the device itself, i also experience a slight delay when firing, but it's only like half a second so it doesn't bother me. The firing button is also a bit wobbly, but it atill "clicks" when i press it so it's all good.
I can't wait to try the spare 0,5 coils that i bought yesterday. The guy at the shop said 0,5 coils have a better quality build and should last longer, so I'm expecting to go at least 2 weeks with those.
I'd guess that your juice isn't able to wick fast enough for a 5+ second draw and so your cotton is drying out and giving you a burnt taste at the end of a draw. It looks like the 0.5 coils have larger juice holes so that should help some with that.

Reactions: bsidb

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Are you guys lung hitting or mouth to lung hitting this one? I personally don't think the draw is tight enough at the smallest setting for my ideal mouth to lung hit, even with a narrow bore drip tip. It does seem to be a better vape for me when I lung hit it, but I typically only vape mouth to lung on all my devices and tanks. Sigh... maybe I should just give in. At least until my Kayfun mini v2 arrives. I do like this device a lot, I just need to find my sweet spot. The button isn't acting up anymore for some reason. Hm.. I dunno whats going on with it, but I'm happy as long as its working. To think of it, my last eGrip from Joyetech was really weird too. Sometimes it would just decide not to work, but will magically work a few days later.

Reactions: gerrymi

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Are you guys lung hitting or mouth to lung hitting this one? I personally don't think the draw is tight enough at the smallest setting for my ideal mouth to lung hit, even with a narrow bore drip tip. It does seem to be a better vape for me when I lung hit it, but I typically only vape mouth to lung on all my devices and tanks. Sigh... maybe I should just give in. At least until my Kayfun mini v2 arrives. I do like this device a lot, I just need to find my sweet spot. The button isn't acting up anymore for some reason. Hm.. I dunno whats going on with it, but I'm happy as long as its working. To think of it, my last eGrip from Joyetech was really weird too. Sometimes it would just decide not to work, but will magically work a few days later.
if you want a better MTL experience with it, pick up some of the cubis clapton coils

Reactions: gerrymi

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Hmm.. maybe I will give those Clapton coils a try. Fajar, can you order from Fasttech? They have them on here for about $7 USD. I'm gonna try some more drip tips to see if it makes a difference. I want to try rebuilding the coil too but I'm sort of lazy with that sort of thing so I'll do it after this coil starts tasting funky.

BTW, what color LED light is everyone using in their tank? I'm using red right now, just switched to the green. The light is a nifty little feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread