• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Juice Box Issues And Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.
Decided to start this thread since these problems and suggestions for help are scattered all over the forum.I'll start out with the sticking button deal:..The pushbutton sometimes rubs against the side of the hole that it sticks out of.It can stick on when it rubs.I fixed mine by enlarging the hole with the tiny tip of an Exacto knife.There isn't much room to work but be carefull and patient and it can be done....Jim

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.
I will also repost about my battery problems as it may be of help to some. I had 3batteries waiting when my box arrived. They have all failed in the last few days.They produce 0 volts.They do not energize the charger to start.They test open-circuit with an ohm meter.They are Ultrafire XSL 18650 2600mAh 3.7V.They are dark pink.I bought them at Battery Junction back in January so the 30 day warranty is up. I have since bought a couple of Ultrafire BRC 18650 3000mAh from madvapes(Great service I must add).So far, so good.But it's only been a couple of days.....I peeled the cover off one of the XSLs and cut the circuit board out.The battery seems to be Ok so I have 3-unprotected spares at least.

rbonie

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Jackson,Ms (da DEEP Sout!)
Decided to start this thread since these problems and suggestions for help are scattered all over the forum.I'll start out with the sticking button deal:..The pushbutton sometimes rubs against the side of the hole that it sticks out of.It can stick on when it rubs.I fixed mine by enlarging the hole with the tiny tip of an Exacto knife.There isn't much room to work but be carefull and patient and it can be done....Jim
Any of you guys that have a JB would do us all a good turn if you could post pictures of the problem areas. Just a thought :>)

(JB Order # 468 Still waiting.... sigh ;>( )

Last edited:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
So far, after a week of messing with my JB and trying to get seasoned and vapeable, I was about fed up when I decided to try 2-3v battys, finally a good hi and actual vapor. This is how it should work on the 18650, could all 4 bebad? They work fine in my SB, so who knows.
All I know is, it works! Might have to keep it now!

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Any of you guys that have a JB would do us all a good turn if you could post pictures of the problem areas. Just a thought :>)

(JB Order # 468 Still waiting.... sigh ;>( )

Don't worry, I'll do it for you, bro. Been dying to try out my little sony point and shoot anyway.

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.

Does this not help? Maybe you are having a different issue?Please elaborate,if possible

Giz's Mom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Pennyslvania
I've been working on this thing since noon on Saturday and I am not getting any vapor. Well once in awhile a little bit. I have used an 18650 and 2 3 v batteries. I have dripped it with an empty bottle under it. I have used a bottle of fluid and pressed lightly and pressed it hard. I have kept the cover off so I could see the fluid go up. Right now I am just frustrated. The only thing I have succeeded in doing is burning off alot of the bad taste of the atty. Tastes a little better now but just no vapor hardly. I can hear it sizzle but it is a very quiet sizzle, have to have your ear right up against it. It does get hot though. Anybody have any thoughts on this??????

conrad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Warrenton,VA,USA
I've been working on this thing since noon on Saturday and I am not getting any vapor. Well once in awhile a little bit. I have used an 18650 and 2 3 v batteries. I have dripped it with an empty bottle under it. I have used a bottle of fluid and pressed lightly and pressed it hard. I have kept the cover off so I could see the fluid go up. Right now I am just frustrated. The only thing I have succeeded in doing is burning off alot of the bad taste of the atty. Tastes a little better now but just no vapor hardly. I can hear it sizzle but it is a very quiet sizzle, have to have your ear right up against it. It does get hot though. Anybody have any thoughts on this??????
A couple of ? for you
1.do you get more vapor when you turn the button down toward your chin and mouth piece up?
2. when you hear sizzle is it slow to heat up
3.is it not getting warm at all
4. do you still hear gurgle sound when it's upright
5.I may have a fix for it

Last edited:

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
The button is sticking (alot) due to the button not being lined up properly in the hole. I will try the exacto knife. I am afraid I will damage the JB.

you can either cut away some of the 'box', or do like i did. the 'button' is expoxied onto the lever switch inside the box. take out batt, depress button, and scrape the expoxy off (exacto or something similar). no worries in scratching the outside of the box this way.

conrad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Warrenton,VA,USA
1.If your bottle is not popping back out the little port hole is clogged
2.if you get more vapor when you turn button down toward your chin & mouth piece up.you are still flooded(blow out from both ends block port hole when doing this)
3. if you have crap going back into the bottle.you need to clean with pga or crest(crest worked better for me)
4.if you are getting very Little sizzle or heat.you can take a tooth pick very lightly down the tube toward the bent side slowly scrape back & forth at the bottom look at tooth pick if it is black. you need to scrape lightly with button on you should start to hear it working again.
the juice pools at the front of the tube it gums up very quickly
I thought I lost mine after vape fest but this did the trick

http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&lpver=3&ref=12

Giz's Mom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Pennyslvania
I have vaped it in every position, nothing seems to make any difference. I am not really comfortable sticking a toothpick anywhere in it. I guess I need to contact Carlos. I have watched all the videos and even people with new ones are getting all this vapor. I don't really mind the awful taste breaking in an atty but I am not prepared to start modding this thing. My button sticks too but I can live with that too but the vape just isn't worth it.

conrad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Warrenton,VA,USA
I have vaped it in every position, nothing seems to make any difference. I am not really comfortable sticking a toothpick anywhere in it. I guess I need to contact Carlos. I have watched all the videos and even people with new ones are getting all this vapor. I don't really mind the awful taste breaking in an atty but I am not prepared to start modding this thing. My button sticks too but I can live with that too but the vape just isn't worth it.
your not modding just slowly stick tooth pic in see if you hear it start working the coil is in the front just bump it you will not hurt it as long as you are light handed
I would hate to see you wait on a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread